Nintendo Revolution's Name Revealed

Adam007

http://revolution.nintendo.com/

It's called "Wii." For me, it'll always be "Revolution." I think the name "wii" just seems funny and is going to be made fun of all over the net (ytmnd anyone?). Like all things quirky about nintendo, we'll just get used to the weird name.

(By the way, does anyone else just love the E3 buildup when suddenly everything starts getting announced?)

I thought the revolution was a good name. pfft i certainly not gonna be calling it wee wee

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think it's meant to be pronounced differently... like "why". You know as in "WHYYYY?!"

Nope heard it on the radio pronounced "wee"

Parents are going to get worried when their children want to go round to their friends house to play with the 'wii' :shock:

sig2ho7.jpg

I have to say that I will be calling it the Revolution, but that advertisement Adam linked to is almost as good as that NIKE ad.

"They will tell you no, NO, a thousand times NO and you will look them in the face and say YES."

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Ughh I don't like the name they should have been creative and called it the Ninetendo 720.....

jk, I don't really care I will still call it the revolution. I also think the buildup before E3 is hilarious each company is trying to out do the other one. Good time to see next-gen games.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

i still think the new nintendo is going to go down the toilet in terms of sales.

Yeh same. Emulation of the old school classics wont tempt anyone much. Playing Zelda : OOT, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye (with improved graphics maybe?) isnt so great.

:roll: :roll:

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

As it's been said in many news articles: It's not like any of the other consoles are well named. All the major 3 on the market now are rediculously corny, and stuff like Game Boy sounds wierd when you think about it. Wii is funny, but I bet they will change it cuz aparently everyone hates it, but me.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

only way im buying one is if a new zelda comes out for it, and goldeneye 64 comes back to it... i lost my cartrage.. :(
How could you do something like that :|

I'm highly thinking that Twilight Princess is going to end up being a launch title for Revolution (bugger Wii, just doesn't sound or look right). Too many delays in the launch :x

Rick, Miyamoto has already set Twilight Princess as the final game for the GameCube.

I don't mind the name...I'll just call it the Revolution. It still will earn my purchase.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I love you Nintendo, but if you think I'm calling my game station the 'wee', then you're sadly mistaken. I'm going to wright "Revolution" with a sharpie on some ducktape and slap it on the system, just so I never forget it's true name.

Rick, Miyamoto has already set Twilight Princess as the final game for the GameCube.

I don't mind the name...I'll just call it the Revolution. It still will earn my purchase.

It's taking too long to come out :(

http://blog.wired.com/games/index.blog?entry_id=1467976

Worth a read for understanding a bit more behind the name.

I saw it first on IGN, and knowing them, I didn't believe it.

They pull stupid pranks all the time.

It wasn't until I went to http://revolution.nintendo.com

I think it had done its job. It most certainly got people talking. What an awesome way to get free press. I intend on running into the store yelling "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" on release day.

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

hmguy2td.png

Wii people play Wii games..

quote off of an engadget topic

15. This is possibly a stupid observation, but flipping the logo over presents a decent looking "M!!"

Wanna bet that's gonna be in the startup screen for the next Mario game?

stop wiineing about the name you wiiners...

this is going to be a puntastic generation in gaming indeed...

when i first saw it i was like "what the hell?" now that i look at it again a few hours later, i dont think its that bad. kind of interesting, actually.

same, but in a timespan of a few minutes. I read their description, and basicly said they are making a console for everyone, not just the typical gamer.

I deffinitly see nintendos focus, and I do like the name "Wii". hey, its better than calling your system the playstation THREE (gasp, thats something different.) :wink: .

Anyways, I shall simply be waiting untill release date, i'm watching the system very closely.