Regarding the Essence Autoers/Yew Log Autoers.

Lime_Mercury

Runescape has come a long way from its beginning as the dream of a college kid at Cambridge, an experiment, really, and a massive MMORPG, which it is now.

It's changed the life of Andrew Gower, vaulting him and his brother Paul to their own spot on the "Under 30 Rich List" in the United Kingdom.

With that in mind, we've got a problem on our hands, one that it will take a united effort of the community to solve.

This problem is not what you think it is. It's not random players trying to get ahead in the game. This announcement, or whatever you call it will change the way you think about autoing and the people behind those characters.

Imagine you're a young man in a third world country, or a developing country, forced to work in a sweatshop for 18 hours a day, sewing soccer balls and shoes. You've heard the stories. It's a rough life.

This is the nature of your typical autoer. I've heard from a reliable source (and you'll really have to trust me on this reliable source) that over 95 percent of these autoers are from China. They work in large factories, sometimes by the hundreds, thousands, for a meagre 60 cents an hour.

This is why they often have Chinese names.

They are in charge of supervising these bots, who gather supplies in RuneScape, and trade these supplies for gold, and eventually sell the rs gold for cash on the open market, even though it's against Jagex rules.

It's both frustrating and a little rewarding as a player mod to come to the varrock yews and report those players, because I know they will come back on different names and make different characters. I do what I can, but there is also something else that we can do.

If you know people that buy gold on RuneScape for real life money, encourage, implore them to stop. It's that market that these large chinese sweatshops are exploiting young men and women, just like you and me, to work long hours for horrid wages to watch over these bots.. and all for what? To see our game filled, to see f2p go down into the mire with servers full of these goldfarmers (that's what they are called), until a day that Jagex might even be forced to shut freeplay down completely.

But these people only thrive because there is a market for their ill-gotten goods.

If everyone does their part in getting rid of that market, and supporting the programmers at Jagex in creating new ways to drive them from our game, we can combat this problem.

1up did a nice article about these goldfarmers that explains what sort of lengths are gone to to get this virtual currency and re-sell it: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3141815&did=1

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, the stupid people who actully buy the gold should stop.

Hope the roit in hell.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

it's kinda posible to see that f2p will get very seriuos updated regarding money making in there. or even will be shut down completely

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Inspiring statement there lime, i was curious as to why most of the names were asian and to be honest had no idea that macroing had developed this far into ppl making a living out of it. I hope the encouragement to stop further purchases on rs gp reaches the right places for the sake of the unfortunate supervisers of the bots and the f2p community.

mezsigka3.png

wow id never thought of it that way this has reached a whole new scale. for the time being theres nothing we can do about it and this has the potential to become a big lawsuit issue and may even result in alot of updates to f2p in a bad way. to be honest I hope to god all of those sweat shop owners are found and imprisoned or even killed this is way out of hand and starting to make me mad.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Omg where did u get this infromation from

Which part?

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

this is a very good topic.. i never thoughd about the fact 95% of the macroers trade for real life money... i just thouhgd they wanted good rs cash :shock:

Well, previously, it was people autoing to level and have high level pking and skilling characters. The problem has changed in nature to goldfarming these days.

There are still autoers for the levels, but the banning system is more effective at dealing with those.

There are still autoers for the levels, but the banning system is more effective at dealing with those.

How are the autoers that auto for levels banned more effectively than ones that auto yews and sell for cash?

I doubt 95% of autoers are chinese. Well, at least one month ago. Then, there were a couple autoers every world at rune ess maybe, and now there can be like 100 autoers at yews at a time :shock: . The only thing I could think of for such a jump was, well your thread. Interesting

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I have heard of this.

What I do to help solve this problems is go on forums such as this and occasionally people will have links to website that does this kind of things. Then I send a query to Jagex. I have found a couple on here to amazingly, but those people I also notice were banned before they could reach their 10th post lol.

Very nice article :P

~Aprzepopioski

aprzanimateddarkci0.gif

i went out there and they were atleast with 40 options each world.

i saw a p mod and intresting was i say to him can u say a hi

ignored me for a while

after he reported al those macroers

he said a hi and say if i say something they all will auto log!.

so he said something bye 40 opts :roll:

I can hardly believe these are all chinese, until i actually seen some proof. Im not really shocked by the fact these people excist but the fact that they work in company's is rediculous. They are probly just a small community of friends that try to make an extra buck...

Greetings,

Blade

I can hardly believe these are all chinese, until i actually seen some proof. Im not really shocked by the fact these people excist but the fact that they work in company's is rediculous. They are probly just a small community of friends that try to make an extra buck...

Greetings,

Blade

Read the link I provided in my initial post.

Its hard to believe that our simple game could make a living of hundreds of people, and make a few people rich. But when you look at the signs, I suppose it actually can happen. I have heard of it on WOW, and i agree that this is what is happening on Runescape. It is going to be so hard to stop people from buying gp with real money. I dont know anyone that does that. We possibly need more education from Jagex to stop people from wanting to buy this ill gotton money.

Jimmy+Kak.png

currently smithing

Anyone could make 100's a day from autoing.. All you have to do is run 10 - 15 bots at night cutting Yews.. Sell them for Gp the next day then sell for real life cash... Very easy to do :?

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Anyone could make 100's a day from autoing.. All you have to do is run 10 - 15 bots at night cutting Yews.. Sell them for Gp the next day then sell for real life cash... Very easy to do :?

Without a store to get rid of it, the actual dispensing of the gold to cash would probably be substantially harder, I'd think.

But I know more about what's going on than I do about the stores.