Most overrated bands?

Daruina

Even though green day is over rated you have to admit that there old songs are good. The guitarist (billy joe) uses basically 5th(power) chords and simple solos. I only had trouble with one of there songs and thats when september ends. (it was still easy though)

"There is no such thing as too long of hair, only too short of hair" ~ Well Me!

Punk Rock (and jazz) for the win!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though green day is over rated you have to admit that there old songs are good. The guitarist (billy joe) uses basically 5th(power) chords and simple solos. I only had trouble with one of there songs and thats when september ends. (it was still easy though)

If your talking about playing to there songs then yes it is easy. I play teh drums and every song they play is easy on teh drums.

rssiggeh1gw7.jpg

We aren't here to facilitate topics on how to get drunk without side-effects.

^^Haha^^

Also, Its widley believed that Kurt Cobain didn't kill himself, rather he was murdered by his wife Courtney Love... And Nirvana is not overated, they pretty much created grunge and influence alot of musical groups today.

sigh..... Nirvana DID NOT create grunge. That goes to The Melvins, and even Kurt claimed that he DIDN'T create the grunge genre. honestly, i can understand why he killed himself, he didnt want to be a part of the whole MTV Genre, as all of the bands he claimed influence from, were ignored by his fans as they worshiped him.

i actually kinda respect him for that, as he showed that he didnt want to be a god, (and he also got the melvins signed to Atlantic :-$)

Courtney Did it..

lol i got the large brick wall smiley sig with it so I had to laugh... But as i said, Courtney ahd a good reason to kill him, but he had a good reason to kill himself. i think someone should start a thread to debate this though.

Go for it, i'll be happy to participate...

The term overrated doesn't necessarilly mean 'bad' (although it usually does). However in my own opinion I find Greenday, Nirvana and Metalica way too popular for the kind of music they've made. You can argue about it as much as you wish, not gonna change anything though.

+ SoaD = [/thread]

knkcopy.jpg

yea... and show off their new baseball bats, wear silly mask wich must look 'scary'. Skills: No, Talent: No...

your ignorance annoys me :evil: jim, mick and joey are all superiorly talented, much more so than many people playig thier respective instruments would achieve in thier life...

• 6 months later...
The Beatles

Nirvana

ACDC

Fall Out Boy

and all Hip/Hop and Rap artists

Way to bump a 6 month old thread with a ridiculously obscured statement.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.