Most overrated bands?

Daruina

I don't care about all the flaming I am going to recieve because chances are I won't return to this thread again.

I think you should let people like their own bands and not criticise. Every person is an individual and likes their own thing. Me and friends are completely different when it comes to music but you don't see me going on about something completely irrational.

One person might find one band overrated, and another person might completely disagree. I find this thread pointless as it just makes people feel like they are being seperated into groups.

*Ducks for cover.*

Yes that is true.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about all the flaming I am going to recieve because chances are I won't return to this thread again.

I think you should let people like their own bands and not criticise. Every person is an individual and likes their own thing. Me and friends are completely different when it comes to music but you don't see me going on about something completely irrational.

One person might find one band overrated, and another person might completely disagree. I find this thread pointless as it just makes people feel like they are being seperated into groups.

*Ducks for cover.*

Yes that is true.

No it's not.

I might not like some music, but I can at least recognize that it takes a little bit of talent.

There is a lot of mainstream 'music' that is being put out now that takes no talent whatsoever, but it is still hyped up to be good. Either way it's not good.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

What I'm trying to say is that people have different tastes in music so you shouldn't try to seperate people in different categories of 'good' and 'bad'.

Some songs might require less musical ability to play, but you should respect other peoples opinions if they like it. It is perfectly ok to have an opinion about what you think is good or bad music, but I find it terribly obnoxious to read about. If I didn't like a band you did I certainly wouldn't parade it around picking all the bad bits about them.

well then why'd you even come into this freakin topic? I mean come on, if you know it's not a topic that you think you'll be interested on posting/giving your opinion on then just don't look at it!

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

AC/DC

New Greenday

Beastie Boys

Linkin Park

U2

I am sure I could think of alot more but these are just what popped into my head. I think rap as a genre is overated as well as alot of modern rock (note the bans above).

blacksignaturewn1.png

What I'm trying to say is that people have different tastes in music so you shouldn't try to seperate people in different categories of 'good' and 'bad'.

Some songs might require less musical ability to play, but you should respect other peoples opinions if they like it. It is perfectly ok to have an opinion about what you think is good or bad music, but I find it terribly obnoxious to read about. If I didn't like a band you did I certainly wouldn't parade it around picking all the bad bits about them.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. I have a different taste in music than you I'm sure, but I bet I don't think your music is 'bad'. I just don't like it. There is a difference between not liking a style or genre of music, and just knowing that a band isn't good at what they do.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Greenday. I hate his whiney voice.

Listen to/see a live song and then say his voice his whiney.

I think Cold Play are overrated, and the Arctic Monkeys. And most of the boy bands, in particular the Backstreet Boys. I think of them as a fad, and as figures of lust for teenage girls.

And to all those harping on about skill, a band shouldn't be labelled as "overrated" just because you think their songs are basic. If people like their songs, then they're not overrated.

How can a band be overrated if no one likes their music?

If no one liked their music, you'd never even hear of them because they wouldn't become big enough to be in the public eye.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

And most of the boy bands, in particular the Backstreet Boys.

Umm, all of the guys in the band have amazing voices, so they do have some talent.

Disturbed

Killswitch Engage

Shihad, or Pacifier, or whatever they call themselves now.

Linkin Park are a big one.

The White Stripes (nobody i know actually listens to them, but the're constanly on the radio)

System Of A Down

And most of the boy bands, in particular the Backstreet Boys.

Umm, all of the guys in the band have amazing voices, so they do have some talent.

Have you seen em live? I thought they didn't actually sing live, just use tapes? Anyway their voices sound really produced and fake.

If no one liked their music, you'd never even hear of them because they wouldn't become big enough to be in the public eye.

....................What was the point of saying that?

I'm pretty sure that his point was to show your lack of knowledge on the subject.

And the Backstreet Boys do have really good voices either way.

hahaha i reall regret it, but i have to agree with you purple. they're overrated, but i guess they do have ok voices.

Ahahaha i was lookin through my itunes list and i found another one, the baha men...err...how'd that get in there...i swear it's not mine!;)

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I was pointing out that you saying "no one likes their music" about any band is stupid. If no one liked a band, why would they get a record deal?

That's what i was trying to point out to the other guy, but ok :idea:

Right, you didn't quote anyone so i thought you were just stating it as an opinion :P

I don't think they do.. we've never actually heard em properly live and when they record stuff they just edit it a piss load to get a perfect sound. Fake.

That is what makes it so hard when judging pop singing. It is hard to find an actual performance that hasn't tampered with.

I assume that they are good singers or they would have never been in the group in the first place. But it sure seems like there are a lot of pretty faces with medicore talents all over the radio.

I think that what people don't understand is that this isn't supposed to be love/hate the band. It it supposed to be who is overrated.

Personally I like most of the bands that have been mentioned, i.e. Green Day, U2, Nirvana. But I also totally agree with the idea that they are overrated.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

I don't think they do.. we've never actually heard em properly live and when they record stuff they just edit it a piss load to get a perfect sound. Fake.

That is what makes it so hard when judging pop singing. It is hard to find an actual performance that hasn't tampered with.

I defy anyone to tell me that Kelly Clarkson's version of Since you've been gone, live acoustic, is not a great pop performance.

I defy anyone to tell me that Kelly Clarkson's version of Since you've been gone, live acoustic, is not a great pop performance.

Arghh that was the whole point of my post Bubsa, I wasn't saying that they all are terrible and believe some have great singing ability. But the point was that there are a lot of new faces that while are good singers, we don't often hear how they naturally sound. So it makes it hard to judge.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.