Most overrated bands?

Daruina

A very controversial choice but...The Beatles.

I'm not saying that they are a bad band, i'm just saying that they're not the gods of music that everyone makes them out to be. Yes, they were incredible in their day, their music was very, very good. But in my opinion they are not as good as everyone claims.

My school recently went through a Beatles revival stage, with everyone harping on about them and which albums they've bought because they're old and for the younger generation, relatively unscratched.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the person who labelled Slipknot overrated, tell me another band with that many members (nine isn't it?) who can create music as good as they can.

Well if you subtract the members who don't do anything, that leaves 4. And AS good, no one. Better, I'll start a list.

3 inches of blood

Aggaloch

Amon Amarth

Bathory

Behemoth

Berzerker

Bloodbath

...you get the idea.

EDIT: Oh an Cannibal corpse are extremely overrated aswell.

To the person who labelled Slipknot overrated, tell me another band with that many members (nine isn't it?) who can create music as good as they can.

What about Lynryd Skynryd? They had 9 members. And they were much better than Slipknot.

and too the person above, what was the point of mentioning the list? a lot of bands usually have around 4 members.

"New school" is an expression for newer rap. Stuff that has recently come out, or is a few years old is considered "new school".

I'm very curious. Could you explain to me how that expression is childish?

And by bands, I'm sure he means music in general. Isn't it alot easier to type "Overrated bands" than to type, "Overrated bands/musical groups/instrumentalist/orchestras/other groups of people and/or person that performs music"?

Wait...you're saying rap is music? this is news to me.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

What about Lynryd Skynryd? They had 9 members. And they were much better than Slipknot.

and too the person above, what was the point of mentioning the list? a lot of bands usually have around 4 members.

Dire Straits had 9 members as well, if I remember correctly.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Most Ska bands have a lot of members as well, not to mention that what they do is harder, and takes more talent, and in the end sounds better in general. Oh well, hahaha. :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Dire Straits had 9 members as well, if I remember correctly.

You don't. You're mistaken with the total amount of members they had :P They are four. Troughout the years a few left and a got replacd. The max they were on is 5, maybe 6. And total members the band had is 9.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Wait...you're saying rap is music? this is news to me.

Of course it is. Are you stupid or something?

21o4pav.jpg

You don't. You're mistaken with the total amount of members they had :P They are four. Troughout the years a few left and a got replacd. The max they were on is 5, maybe 6. And total members the band had is 9.

Oh then that's why I got confused :wink:

What's their main formation? I could never understand the band very well...when I saw a video of them playing Layla with Eric Clapton, there were a lot of people on the stage :P

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Greenday. I hate his whiney voice.

AC/DC too, but i still like their music.

opera94x15.gifsolaris.png

I finally beat runescape.. YES I have quit.

~-I am athiest-~

I'm not saying that they are a bad band, i'm just saying that they're not the gods of music that everyone makes them out to be. Yes, they were incredible in their day, their music was very, very good. But in my opinion they are not as good as everyone claims.

God YES.

ChocoboT.jpeg

Let's make babies!

Oh then that's why I got confused :wink:

What's their main formation? I could never understand the band very well...when I saw a video of them playing Layla with Eric Clapton, there were a lot of people on the stage :P

The one they had in the 70's, or the one they've got now? Original was Mark and David Knopfler (Both guitar, David did something extra), Illsley on bass and Withers on drums. Withers and David Knopfler left early 80's, but I don't really know who came back for them.

21o4pav.jpg

And most 50 cent-like artists too.

Yeah I agree. Mostly all 'New School' rap artists are over-rated.

Hahah yeah... For one: There's no such thing as this 'New School' ^o)

And two: Didn't the title say "Overrated Bands".. Clap clap.

For one, there is such thing as 'new school' rap, it's called 'NOT OLD SCHOOL'.

Secondly, who are you? Get out of here.

Hah! Yeah wanna make me get out of here? There is no such thing as new school... It's a childish expression, so I ask... How old are you?

And you didn't give a comment to my second point: Didn't the title say overrated Bands

EDIT: Round of applause? I think so :D

You are making an arguement out of absoloutly nothing, and I consider a rap group a band, sorry if you don't.

Now here is a new point for you. Every single post you have made on this message board has been starting a fight with another person, or attempting to come into the middle of a fight. How about you be a little less hostile, and have some more respect for others.

And also Emerixa.

I'm very curious. Could you explain to me how that expression is childish?

How is voicing my opinion and disagreeing with other opinions hostile?

My school recently went through a Beatles revival stage, with everyone harping on about them and which albums they've bought because they're old and for the younger generation, relatively unscratched.

I'll have to disagree. I'd say around 90%, at least, of music and the scene was a result of The Beatles revolution.

How is it that no one here agrees with you?

Maybe because you're wrong. Just quit while you're ahead.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

U2

You can't say that considering they give almost all their profits to people in need. Sorry, just not right. x.x

I agree with Greenday. Wrote one good song, famous, then died o.o?

AC/DC is too but not horrible music just screams a lot O.o

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

U2

You can't say that considering they give almost all their profits to people in need. Sorry, just not right. x.x

One good song, famous then died? They've been on MTV since 94.. and are still going strong.

How is it that no one here agrees with you?

Maybe because you're wrong. Just quit while you're ahead.

You're veering away from the point. I said how is me disagreeing with other people's posts hostile, again... You never answered.

And, if noone is agreeing with me... How can i be ahead?...

Hostile is defined as being "very unfriendly", and you are being very unfriendly. Do you understand now that I spelled it out for you like a 10 year old? Aww well I sure am proud of you!!!

On topic: Weezer, they are pretty overrated, their stuff doesn't take much skill.

U2

AC/DC is too but not horrible music just screams a lot O.o

Giving money to charity has nothing to do with being overrated. Just means they're good people.

um even though i really do hate Greenday, they never died. They still are making songs the "mainstream" community enjoys.

I don't get what your trying to say about AC/DC, but neither Brian Johnson or Bon Scott screams a lot.

Hostile is defined as being "very unfriendly", and you are being very unfriendly. Do you understand now that I spelled it out for you like a 10 year old? Aww well I sure am proud of you!!!

Of course you know a lot about that don't you :lol:

And I love how you said this too

:lol: Hypocritical isn't it. I remember you being the same arrogant hotshot when you first started posting here :lol:

And to me, anything popular in the rap scene is overrated.

On topic: Weezer, they are pretty overrated, their stuff doesn't take much skill.

Like i said... How am I being unfriendly?... I'm voicing my opinion. Oh and by the way, nice post before me =D I believe you just got owned crayon?

http://www.MyPurpleCrayon.justgotowned.com

I'm still waiting on a ban...

Of course you know a lot about that don't you :lol:

And I love how you said this too

:lol: Hypocritical isn't it. I remember you being the same arrogant hotshot when you first started posting here :lol:

And to me, anything popular in the rap scene is overrated.

1. You weren't even here when I started posting.

2. You aren't in this fight, which by the way, both Bubsa and Kayla already agreed with me.

3. I'm not arrogant at all, I'm actually very nice and polite until someone does something to me... But it's sad how you come back from being gone for 5 months (From a ban by the way), and you continue to hold a grudge against me just because I said Eddie Guerro's death was coming because he took so many drugs.

4. Haha, I'm not even going to discuss respect with someone like you here.

5. READ before you post, you don't even know what is going on.

NOW... here is what you are going to do. You are going to continue to pick apart every single one of my posts, and personally attack me and everything I say, so go ahead, power to you.

At Emerixa, honestly, do you even understand that arguement that you are taking part in? Because I really don't think you do, all you continue to say is "Omg ShadowFax u t0tally own3d purplecrayon in your awesomly c00l post up above!!!oneone!~!11!"

... And by the way, no offense on the whole "Get out of here thing", it's just something my brother, myself, and my friends say to people all the time, kind of a habbit (It's a quote of Dane Cook's). :)