Most overrated bands?

Daruina

Here's a few.

Metallica.

Nirvana, if their lead didn't suicide then they would never of been what they are now.

And an obvious one, Greenday.

There's plenty more of them, who else do you guys think are overrated?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nirvana true, Pearl Jam would of been the 'Grunge band' of the 1990s if Kurt didn't commit suicide but I love Nirvana.

Metallica, nah I don't think so.

Greenday, defo, cus there older stuff is SO much better about there new stuff.

Overated? Bands like MCR, Greenday, etc etc etc...

Greenday, defo, cus there older stuff is SO much better about there new stuff.
I hear dat.

AC/DC
I heat dat.

First two bands I thought of.

Oh yeah, and now Fall Out Boy (a poll at my school to find the favorite bands came up like this: 1. Fall Out Boy 2. Panic at the Disco 3. Taking Back Sunday 4. Green Day 5. 50 Cent....It just goes on like this...Ewwww)

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

U2

Tru dat.

Green Day also has no talent, and Panic at the Disco! has a horrible singer. It makes no sense how these bands can become famous by sucking. It kills my soul, basically.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

How are metallica overrated?

Green day. No skill at all.

Skill as in song writing or instrument playing? I admit they're way over-rated but you don't have to have skill in playing guitar or drums to make songs, their style is basic.

How are metallica overrated?

Green day. No skill at all.

Skill as in song writing or instrument playing? I admit they're way over-rated but you don't have to have skill in playing guitar or drums to make songs, their style is basic.

I prefer to say that their style is bad.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Every single new school rapper like... dare I say... Mike Jones... :x

Metallica

AC/DC (why does everyone wear an AC/DC shirt now? Is it the "vintage rocker" look or something?)

Definately Nirvana...

Green Day

And Fallout Boy.

3898000bYVcx.png

I really don't get why everyone's saying that AC/DC's overrated. Sure, their vocalist is pretty bad/unique :lol: now and the songs aren't so great, but have you guys even listened to the old AC/DC, like with Bon Scott? They had some awesome songs back then, way better than the newer ones. And to the person that said all their songs sound the same, maybe two songs sound the same: Dirty Deeds and TNT. I mean, come on, what about It's A Long Way to the Top, or Let There Be Rock, etc. There are many great older songs of their's.

On topic: Greenday, most modern rock/punk bands that everyone seems to like in my school, all rap.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I really don't get why everyone's saying that AC/DC's overrated. Sure, their vocalist is pretty bad/unique :lol: now and the songs aren't so great, but have you guys even listened to the old AC/DC, like with Bon Scott? They had some awesome songs back then, way better than the newer ones. And to the person that said all their songs sound the same, maybe two songs sound the same: Dirty Deeds and TNT. I mean, come on, what about It's A Long Way to the Top, or Let There Be Rock, etc. There are many great older songs of their's.

I actually didn't mean the vocals/lyrics are bad. All their songs have the same structure: An opening guitar solo, repetition of a riff and a catchy chorus.

I like their music, but it's always the same. Period. That's what I said.

The four examples you stated, listen to them thinking about the 3 structural points above. You'll see. That, however, doesn't make their songs worse, they are all equally good, wich drives me tired of them at times.

Also, I would rather be called apinagez than "the person that said all their songs sound the same", because that sounded kind of arrogant, and I'm sure you didn't mean that. Did you?

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

The master of all overrated bands:

:twisted: SLIPKNOT! :twisted:

My hat is off to a metal band containing that many members. It takes quite some timing to get all 9 in the right rhythm and mistakes could mess up alot.

Now for who I beleive is overrated

Greenday

Panic! At the Disco

Fall Out Boy

Nirvana

U2

HIM

deadforumslol.png

AC\DC and Nirvana are over rated by the longest of shots, Greenday well....i don't remember them ever being rated good.

Aswell the people who say Metallica is over rated have probly heard nothing beyond the Black album, which in all fairness compared to their older albums is one of their worst and most...alternative.