Most overrated bands?

Daruina

How are metallica overrated?

Green day. No skill at all.

Yep... I play bass, I try green day bass and it's so easy! I could play it on the day I got my bass :?

Overrated? Artic Monkeys, no skill, my dog can sing better IMO. I know where the artic monkeys can go and it's censored on here...

sig5235ro7.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... I play bass, I try green day bass and it's so easy! I could play it on the day I got my bass :?

Overrated? Artic Monkeys, no skill, my dog can sing better IMO. I know where the artic monkeys can go and it's censored on here...

You can't really say that.. yes they might not sing well, or Green Day might not play complex bass stuff, but could you write something better? It's not bout playing, anyone could play Green Day stuff or sing better than Arctic Monkeys but can they write better stuff? If we didn't have 'simple' bands half the people who have a guitar now probably wouldn't of ever got one. I got one to play along with songs I like, Blink 182 etc.. yes they're amazingly easily but I'd never be able to write anything like em the same year I got my guitar.

^^ err...Greenday doesn't play complicated...anything. And their writing skills are horrible, i mean, it doesn't seem like there's as much inspiration or randomness as there were old songs. Have you ever listened to any Yes? They wrote some pretty complicated stuff...and performed it well. Like the song Roundabout for instance, that song is amazing, and very well written, and some of the coolest lyrics i've ever heard.EDIT** oh and Greenday sucks at singing too ;)

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

^^ err...Greenday doesn't play complicated...anything. And their writing skills are horrible, i mean, it doesn't seem like there's as much inspiration or randomness as there were old songs. Have you ever listened to any Yes? They wrote some pretty complicated stuff...and performed it well. Like the song Roundabout for instance, that song is amazing, and very well written, and some of the coolest lyrics i've ever heard.EDIT** oh and Greenday sucks at singing too ;)

I never said that, but could you write summit better that's just as catchy and nearly every 13 year old girl likes. :roll:

I never said that, but could you write summit better that's just as catchy and nearly every 13 year old girl likes. :roll:

Their riffs aren't catchy. :roll:

I never knew they had riffs...

I never knew they had riffs...

sorry, read it wrong. but they still aren't catchy. :wink:

You can't really say that.. yes they might not sing well, or Green Day might not play complex bass stuff, but could you write something better? It's not bout playing, anyone could play Green Day stuff or sing better than Arctic Monkeys but can they write better stuff? If we didn't have 'simple' bands half the people who have a guitar now probably wouldn't of ever got one. I got one to play along with songs I like, Blink 182 etc.. yes they're amazingly easily but I'd never be able to write anything like em the same year I got my guitar.

Green Day are fine, I like their music. I like playing easy stuff and hard stuff...

Now, you say I can't sing better than Artic Monkeys? I can't sing for the team trash but I could beat them anyday. Seriously, I have no idea how they even got signed... IMO

sig5235ro7.jpg

Now, you say I can't sing better than Artic Monkeys? I can't sing for the team trash but I could beat them anyday. Seriously, I have no idea how they even got signed... IMO

Yeah you probably could, but that's their style.. they probably want their music to sound like that. But the main point is not just how they sing, but what they sing about, could you write summit better? Anyone can cover songs.

And most 50 cent-like artists too.

Yeah I agree. Mostly all 'New School' rap artists are over-rated.

Hahah yeah... For one: There's no such thing as this 'New School' ^o)

And two: Didn't the title say "Overrated Bands".. Clap clap.

For one, there is such thing as 'new school' rap, it's called 'NOT OLD SCHOOL'.

Secondly, who are you? Get out of here.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Every band that has a singer with a voice you've heard a thousand times, a gitarist that only plays powerchords and simple some simple tabs and a drummer that only plays basic or semi-basic.. is automaticly over-rated.

there i've just named atleast 50% of the bands available probly 70%..

:)

there should be a topic about the moste under-rated bands :) if there isn't one already..

O and every rapper/r&b dude that uses a sample ..or even uses a sample that has been used as a sample for thousands of times.. automaticly sucks.

99.5% of all rap and r&b just named right there.

signature_1.gif

Ugh.. Green Day is #1 on my list, Their old albums we're good (I like Dookie personally) But now there just playing very unoriginal, boring pop rock yet everyone seems to like them :?

Like everyone else, I have to say AC/DC all of their songs aresound the same, same guitar style and vocals.. Although they might sound good they get boring after a while of listening to them. Then there's the whole merchandise thing, people think there the best thing since sliced bread because they wear AC/DC shirts when they've probably never even hear one of their songs...

Hah! Yeah wanna make me get out of here? There is no such thing as new school... It's a childish expression, so I ask... How old are you?

And you didn't give a comment to my second point: Didn't the title say overrated Bands

EDIT: Round of applause? I think so :D

"New school" is an expression for newer rap. Stuff that has recently come out, or is a few years old is considered "new school".

I'm very curious. Could you explain to me how that expression is childish?

And by bands, I'm sure he means music in general. Isn't it alot easier to type "Overrated bands" than to type, "Overrated bands/musical groups/instrumentalist/orchestras/other groups of people and/or person that performs music"?

3898000bYVcx.png

Hah! Yeah wanna make me get out of here? There is no such thing as new school... It's a childish expression, so I ask... How old are you?

And you didn't give a comment to my second point: Didn't the title say overrated Bands

You are making an arguement out of absoloutly nothing, and I consider a rap group a band, sorry if you don't.

Now here is a new point for you. Every single post you have made on this message board has been starting a fight with another person, or attempting to come into the middle of a fight. How about you be a little less hostile, and have some more respect for others.

And also Emerixa.

I'm very curious. Could you explain to me how that expression is childish?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

NOOOOOO. dont insult the greatness of green day lol. you all might like it, but i find them very good, and yes their older songs and albums were a little bit better thne the new ones. but still, they rock (to me)

P.S. dont hate, people lol

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure there's something in tip.it's rules which says you can't be a complete and utterly useless smeghead, but that doesn't seem to have stopped you.

NOOOOOO. dont insult the greatness of green day lol. you all might like it, but i find them very good, and yes their older songs and albums were a little bit better thne the new ones. but still, they rock (to me)

P.S. dont hate, people lol

I never insulted em, I just said they're extremely over-rated.

um.

Led Zeppelin :oops:

im not joking.

let the flaming commense.

I agree.

Ditto. They are best than 95% of the bands, but they aren't the gods of rock as people usually say.

Deep Purple and The Who are much better, IMO.

^^^^^^^^^Perfectly said.

And to be agreeable for once.

Ditto? :P

Ditto'D!

thesip2.jpg

It really has