Most overrated bands?

Daruina

Greenday. I hate his whiney voice.

Listen to/see a live song and then say his voice his whiney.

I think Cold Play are overrated, and the Arctic Monkeys. And most of the boy bands, in particular the Backstreet Boys. I think of them as a fad, and as figures of lust for teenage girls.

And to all those harping on about skill, a band shouldn't be labelled as "overrated" just because you think their songs are basic. If people like their songs, then they're not overrated.

Too right. Although I'd disagree with the arctic monkeys. Have you heard their guitars playing? Also, I like the wittiness in their songs.

xhanwiggerjames.gifballs.png

The best show in da world...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twisted Evil SLIPKNOT! Twisted Evil

Ewwww Emo! :x I'm ther with Green Day (First one to pop into my head when I saw this thread)

FOB, and ALL RAP

um...how are slipknot emo?

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

Any hip hop or rappers that only ever make songs about having lots of money and lots of [bleep]. They are all the same, idiotic and unimaginative. There is also way too many of them and their music is overplayed. People shouldn't even enjoy msuic that is that simple and derogatory, but that's just my opinion of corse. :wink:

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

Green Day is by far the most overrated...

Since American Idiot, everyone claims they are so great, but the lyrics are so shallow, without a lot of depth to the emotion in which they were written...which is no different from their older albums in which they were criticized for...

Green Day is by far the most overrated...

Since American Idiot, everyone claims they are so great, but the lyrics are so shallow, without a lot of depth to the emotion in which they were written...which is no different from their older albums in which they were criticized for...

Yeah, you definitely hit the nail on the head. :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

• 1 month later...
Here's a few.

Metallica.

Nirvana, if their lead didn't suicide then they would never of been what they are now.

And an obvious one, Greenday.

There's plenty more of them, who else do you guys think are overrated?

:shock: hey :evil: dont say my favorite band ( green day ) is overated

rsn = j a m e s(2 spaces)n

Any hip hop or rappers that only ever make songs about having lots of money and lots of *. They are all the same, idiotic and unimaginative. There is also way too many of them and their music is overplayed. People shouldn't even enjoy msuic that is that simple and derogatory, but that's just my opinion of corse. :wink:

I agree. What's so cool in bold, fat guy who shakes his hands like mad?

barrowsmsanta,Saukko93.gif

Barrows drops: 17 - Ahrims staff x 2, Guthans platebody x 2, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks platelegs, Karils leathercoif x 2, Veracs flail, Ahrims robeskirt x 3, Guthans warspear, Karils leatherskirt, Karils leathertop, Torags hammers x2

Here's a few.

Metallica.

Nirvana, if their lead didn't suicide then they would never of been what they are now.

And an obvious one, Greenday.

There's plenty more of them, who else do you guys think are overrated?

:shock: hey :evil: dont say my favorite band ( green day ) is overated

Green day is overrated.

Other than that though, I'd have to go with AC/DC and about any pop band.

The Ramones.

And please guys, if you're saying that AC/DC is overrated just because everybody that hasn't heard one of their songs wears one of their shirts, is that really the band's fault? I mean, i'll agree that some of their songs sound the same...but it isn't like they're half as bad as Greenday... :|

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

The Ramones.

And please guys, if you're saying that AC/DC is overrated just because everybody that hasn't heard one of their songs wears one of their shirts, is that really the band's fault? I mean, i'll agree that some of their songs sound the same...but it isn't like they're half as bad as Greenday... :|

Nah it's not their fault. However, I just don't like their stuff that much so i'd have to say is a lot of people make them seem like the best band ever.

The Ramones.

Nah it's not their fault. However, I just don't like their stuff that much so i'd have to say is a lot of people make them seem like the best band ever.

Yeah people always saying their like the greatest hard rock band ever, and how Angus Young is the best guitarist ever.

The Ramones.

Yeah people always saying their like the greatest hard rock band ever, and how Angus Young is the best guitarist ever.

AC/DC are quite overrated, not as much as mosher noobs [bleep] Iron Maiden t shirts though

I think your teenage band is overrated, and this band

PS It's from Bubsa's website!!!!!!!!!!

go to

http://www.bubsa.co.uk ---> Click the link at the bottom of the page, not before watching his video nevertheless

:lol:

---> Bubsa's Stuff ---> The Final Countdown tribute.

which is

LMIAOW!* Stars in their Eyes-esque Europe - The Final Countdown - When tributes go wrong!

*WOW* Everyone should check this out! EVRY1! O RLY?! YAH RLY![/url]

METALLICA is overrated =( there lasts albums where crap, load, reload and st anger...

oldschool METALLICA rox, new METALLLICA is over rated

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

Mainstream music is overrated

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12