Autoer/macroer discussion- please post here!

jaklumen

It has been seen that the number of macroers in RuneScape have increased lately. Posting about them on the forums in order to "get something done" is not beneficial to the situation at all. If you would like to post your pictures of the number of macroers, your experiences with them, or just discuss them in general, you may do so only on this sticky. All other threads will be removed.

Also, remove the names of the macroers from the images you post. The "no naming names" rule is still in effect, even for people who auto.

Thank you.

Note: Due to the popularity/length of this thread, historical posts will be removed periodically.

EDIT: Jagex and Tip.It forum rules are still in effect.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I don't think these are macroers were dealing with. This might go off-topic here, but it will explain what's really going on with the "macroer" problem.

The whole majority of these macroers, are actually real people: under-paid chinese workers (I'm not being racist btw) that live in so called "sweat shops". I saw the news yesterday on TV about this growing problem in China. These workers get paid very little or nothing at all while the people that run these sweatshops get the money by selling off items/gp that the workers obtain to the people that want them.

This actualy explains why these "macroers" have chinese names. Also I've seen some of the chinese slave characters wear mimi clothing and lederhosen, those random events require visual attention to do. I don't think a normal macro could do that...

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Well I remember that RuneScape Classic had a serious problem that basically wiped out their entire population. Theres a lot of those lvl 3 N33bs around Melzar's maze and at the willows in Draynor. Jagex isn't doing enough.

You know I don't think these are macroers were dealing with. This might go off-topic here, but it will explain what's really going on with the "macroer" problem.

The whole majority of these macroers, are actually real people: under-paid chinese workers (I'm not being racist btw) that live in so called "sweat shops". I saw the news yesterday on TV about this growing problem in China. These workers get paid very little or nothing at all while the people that run these sweatshops get the money by selling off items/gp that the workers obtain to the people that want them.

This actualy explains why these "macroers" have chinese names. Also I've seen some of the chinese slave characters wear mimi clothing and lederhosen, those random events require visual attention to do. I don't think a normal macro could do that...

I'm not sure if you're kidding or being serious. <.<

There needs to be some sort of solution. Maybe a limit on the amount of accounts you can make per IP address?

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

The amount of lvl 3 autoers chopping yews in Rimmington has to be seen to be believed.

One easy solution has to be 'Runescape Police' - or the mods, or players specifically authorised to track down and deal with such suspicious activity.

Maybe a night spent in jail having rotten tomatoes thrown at them would teach them a unforgettable lesson?

ruth+lover.png

I have never understood how people can pick out macroers. Often times, when I train, I follow a predictable path and say nothing. What seperates me from them, besides th obvious of course?

i spot them by the way they move, in a rigid and predicable pattern. and have u seen the macros trainign on oaks? they just keep dropping logs and cutting more, and no lvl 3 i know trains like that.... and they also have a tenancy to not change default appearance, but not allways.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

My noob is a lv 3 skiller and always gets "eww its a auto"

maybe there should be other skills to use higher lv stuff

e.x. rune pic? 41 mine (ha just looked up) and 40 str

That should make lazy peeps get to work on other skills

tanfdefault,kathleen607.gif

you mean those guys with

adkjfakdhfkad as their names?

Ya I hate them and constantly report/take screenies (if im on ss), and flame them. I hate them so much..everytime I go to pk in varrock in f2p, I pass by them hurling insults at the yew cutters.

I don't play runescape anymore and I'm happy about that :D Flyleaf Owns. I'm a christian. I listen to rock/christian rock.

Decyfer Down and Common Yet Forbidden are awesome, check them out.

You'r theory is very right for WoW. But as far as I know, the business about trading gold for dollars in WoW is way much bigger than that about RS gp. So I do think that it isnt profitable yet to run such sweat shops for runescape gp. However, if this business grows also bigger for RS GP, there is a big change it will happen, yes.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Umega ur right they have chinese names...

One of my friend made a miner and the name was autominer 04 and some people were thinking it's a auto and reported of him... Got banned but simetimes JaGex g̮̦̉̉es pr̮̦̉̉..

im very sure they aren't autoers just China gold farmers,yes China ones (only they're poor enough to do this) , they play with multiple accounts at once ( which is impossible to catch ), random events can't stop them because they arent bots.

0worker0.png

Just to clear it up, these chinese autoers are using what is known as "the chinese bot" or r-bot. This is a deob bot, or a modified version of the runescape client, made to run a script which tells it to send the commands to the server, which would have normally been sent if somebody was playing legit. They can run more than one at a time, depending on their internet and computer. (apparently some people can get up to 20 running.)

The bot is pay to use, and has a trial, and I know people who downloaded and looked through the trial so its not a sweatshop.

The people who made it basically took a macro, (the name gets blocked here) and modified it.

The reason why they could auto just after that engine update, (the chinese bot, and the english version they ripped it from were the main causes of the new engine.) is the bot used regex, and the only main thing the engine change stopped the bot was the regex patterns breaking which would have been quickly fixed.

And to the person who said randoms stop autoers, they dont.Deob bots read packets sent from the server, so it knows exactly what to do when a random occurs, and colour clickers can detect randoms fairly easily- the exception with clickers is the new box, and sometimes gas from rocks.

im very sure they aren't autoers just China gold farmers,yes China ones

Wrong.

they play with multiple accounts at once ( which is impossible to catch ),

Depending on how they do it, running multiple accounts at once can be detectable on one computer, what about people logging more than one account in at once with the same uid?

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

Just to clear it up, these chinese autoers are using what is known as "the chinese bot" or r-bot. This is a deob bot, or a modified version of the runescape client, made to run a script which tells it to send the commands to the server, which would have normally been sent if somebody was playing legit. They can run more than one at a time, depending on their internet and computer. (apparently some people can get up to 20 running.)

The bot is pay to use, and has a trial, and I know people who downloaded and looked through the trial so its not a sweatshop.

The people who made it basically took a macro, (the name gets blocked here) and modified it.

The reason why they could auto just after that engine update, (the chinese bot, and the english version they ripped it from were the main causes of the new engine.) is the bot used regex, and the only main thing the engine change stopped the bot was the regex patterns breaking which would have been quickly fixed.

And to the person who said randoms stop autoers, they dont.Deob bots read packets sent from the server, so it knows exactly what to do when a random occurs, and colour clickers can detect randoms fairly easily- the exception with clickers is the new box, and sometimes gas from rocks.

Wrong.

Depending on how they do it, running multiple accounts at once can be detectable on one computer, what about people logging more than one account in at once with the same uid?

Dont agree with you...

There are reali such companies in China employing people to play online games, and then sell the items or money for RL cash.

But I don't think runescape is the game they are playing for it~~

There are tons of other online games in the world, or in China itself with items and money having a better market price than runescape...

So I don't think thoose are really the Chinese people

dont agree with you...

There are reali such companies in China employing people to play online games, and then sell the items or money for RL cash.

There are tons of other online games in the world, or in China itself with items and money having a better market price than runescape...

I know there is a such thing as sweatshops in china, but they are mostly for wow. There is not enough business in runescape gold to make a company.

And they are chinese autoers. I have personally been to the website, seen translations of it, and talked to people who downloaded the macro trial and looked at it.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

dont agree with you...

I know there is a such thing as sweatshops in china, but they are mostly for wow. There is not enough business in runescape gold to make a company.

And they are chinese autoers. I have personally been to the website, seen translations of it, and talked to people who downloaded the macro trial and looked at it.

Realy lol? no wonder they never talk ~~~=S

lol i have like amillion autoers, but none to use! i seriously could name a great website right now, but i'm to scared to do autoing :cry: i dont want to hurt jagex's feelings..LOL :D

But seriously folks i have autoers, i just don't use em! They take away the point of the game... WORK!! \:D/ go work! :XD: :XD: :XD:

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

Wrong.

You are wrong,im a merchant i always bought bulk stuff off these people,(yes i can speak chinese to them) and i am sure they are not autoers,they have multis because i bought from this guy who has his name as shi017 and shi025,theres various chinese websites that sells runecsape gold for real money,not going to name them but if you visit varrock west long enough you can see level 3s advertising them

0worker0.png

You are wrong,im a merchant i always bought bulk stuff off these people,(yes i can speak chinese to them) and i am sure they are not autoers,they have multis because i bought from this guy who has his name as shi017 and shi025,theres various chinese websites that sells runecsape gold for real money,not going to name them but if you visit varrock west long enough you can see level 3s advertising them

Obviously they auto for a week or so, then sell their stuff to players. Its easier to xfer/deal with gp or high priced items instead of logs. And its not like an autoer will auto 24/7 without doing anything with the millions of gp in items they get.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Listen 2 him he knows what he's talking about. I see em all the time,

and i report them for trading real world items, and advertising websites

lol they dont care then probably have a stack of lvl 3 wood cutters out there on a huge pile :thumbsup:

i just thought of a stack of lvl 3's, the bald kind w/ green pants and tan shirt, in a pile :XD: lol

P.S.Oh ya and i speak some japanese, and Shio, lol, is salt

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

Last night I found out how to crack autoers in the mining guild!!!!

Let me tell you story first.

I was mining in the guild (which had like 3 autoers in it) and the Pick axe head of one of them broke and fell off!!!! The autoer kept repeating the process of going to each rock though and kept going back to the bank while i got the head. Now what was also weird was when I traded them they accepted! So i put up the head and said I wanted something in return and they just accepted and I declined. The funny thing was I broke the autoer because instead of mining 28 coal rocks and going to the bank It traded me 28 times, ran to the bank, and came back repeating the whole process!!!

So I figure if you trade with an autoer while their doing their thing you will crack them!

Thoughts?

Fishtailing looks like a caffenated squirrel in the middle of a seizure.

There could also be fresh people off member worlds?

Hmmm I'll try to apply.

And actually, I find the idea of police not that weird, imagine:

if the player doesn't talk, it would be suspicious, but it isn't enough, I agree on that. So, maybe if a "police guy" has the ability to "notify" the player (sort of the same as "follow" and "trade"), then the suspicious player gets this message (doesn't matter if public talk and private and trade options are disabled). Plus we'll add some pop-up screen. The only thing the suspect has to do is:

-click some ok button?

-type in a verification code?

-answer a question like: type me the following: 12354 (autoers can't understand syntaxes).

After that, the police guy makes his evalution based on the feedback he gets (which shouldn't take long, or if he doesn't receive, he could mark the player as autoer). If the decision is: autoer; then the the police guy could put him in jail for let's say 20 minutes or so. The player will find himself in a room (maybe public) and can't get out untill time is over.

READ ON!!!

-if the player wans't an autoer and finds himself in jail, he can appeal a message to the police guy who had put him there, and talk himself free (three lines of text that should sound convincing). If innocent, the player is transported back and gets a compensation (money, sapphs, ...)

-a police guy cannot imprisone a player more than 1 time a day, and maybe also add some other limitations

I know there might be critical points on this solution, please give them.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.