abyssal demons vs. barrows

wakka102

hi wakka...

I think barrows would be better for instant money...but you and I both know abyssals are mindless ,easy training and kills. Barrows and dragons are work.

Yea, but once i max out my skills and I've got sumemer coming up, so Ill have time were i can pay attention to what im doing :D . Thats why i want to know which one is better for money making because Im going to need alot ofr 99 prayer :(

Barrows. I've made 40m+ there. Also the drop rate on whips are teh sukk0rz.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

how long did it take you to make this much at the barrows? (the reason im asking these questions is mainly because ive got at least another 150m i need to get)

Abyssals.

Drop rate is like 1 every 6 hrs and you don't even have to pay attention.

Burrows, god I'm lucky to get like once piece every 20 hrs, worth maybe 1 mil.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Abyssals.

Drop rate is like 1 every 6 hrs and you don't even have to pay attention.

Burrows, god I'm lucky to get like once piece every 20 hrs, worth maybe 1 mil.

1 every six hours? A friend of mine's been slaying 'em for a week and got 2 whips.

Do you think, Perhaps, that the Black Dragon lives in the Black Dragon Cave!?

Blackmagecc.png

I'm a firm believer of typing with proper grammar on the interwebs. Oh yes.

try soloing kq it un untill u die lol nice 23m or w-e chain is now is a good pray boost

but i would do whips over barrows anyday i never get anything :( at barrows but get tons of whips

Abyssals, not the actually abyssals but the way to 85 slayer. Ive got around 25-30 rune boots (83 slayer atm) from 80-83 slayer, about 10 mil made from clues to my current slayer level, not to mention the outstanding number or rune larges you get (40 atm and I had high alched at least 50 when I stopped slayer in september to actually do barrows. Then you get 85 which is for whips.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

the reason im asking these questions is mainly because ive got at least another 150m i need to get)

i have a friend who managed to make around 90m in two months barrowing.

tho thats at 5-10 hrs almost every day.

in my opinion its all about luck. at barrows u can go days, even weeks without a drop, wheras (not that i would know), it could be quite possible to get many whips in that time at abby. even tho runes, bolts etc can acumilate, still making you profit, drops are a necesity.

best thing obviously would be to trail barrows for say a week and compare to previous hauls from abbys

thegun137.png

Thegun137.png

Thegun137.png

Thegun137.png

thegun137.png

Yeah trying both would probably be your best bet. I for one usually get a barrows item every 12 or so trips atleast, today I recived a great axe aswell as a flail in only 9 trips. Though i've had rough patches where i've gone 25+ trips without anything I always manage to get back into a rythm. Like thegun said it's worth trying both and coming to your own conclusion.

Also, good luck on your 99 prayer goal :D

yes its all luck for both

i done 100 barrow trips with 20kc got 12 barrow item and 2 d med

then i the next 100 trips with 20kc again i got 2 items

abyssal demons you could get 3 whips in a day or 2 in 3 weeks its pretty random. ut abyssal demons you will have 85 slayer for new monsters to get items of value plus alot of training exp. barrows is slower.

you mihgt find in 100 trips you get 5 items but 3 could be karil then the next 2 verac skirt and torag hammers. equally it could of been guthan spear, guthan helm, verac helm or verac brass. id go withabby demons

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

My advise would be to do barrows when you are seriously awake and paying attention. When you are kind of sleepy and relaxed kill a few abbys. Also when you do barrows dont get your kc up because it takes a couple of minutes longer and it doesnt improve chances of barrows drops just runes. If you plan on selling the runes thne you might wanna get it up. Otherwise, get 99 mage :lol:

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I would do the opposite of above at barrows..

==

Anyway, I did a little test on this already.

I did 50 runs at barrows with 20 KC using Slayer Dart. Average 15 mins per run = 12.5 Hours. I got about 1k Bloods 6k Chaos and 1k bolts = 2.2 M Also got DH helm Guth Plate and Ahrim hood = 3m

So 12.5 hours I made around 5.2m

When I goto Abbys I bring 4 Super Attack (4) for timing Roughly 1 hour Each super attack. So 4 hours of abbys per trip.

I average 100k in alcs, 100 chaos, 40 bloods, 3- rans per trip

Also in 3 trips I got 2 whips. = 6.2m

I have seen people there for 6days and no whip ((Heya Kiwihawk))

==

Conclusion for me so far is.

Killing abbys is Mindless XP that is a constent money. ((If you can suffer through the dry spells.

Barrows keeps you on your toes, much more fun, but your drops determine the money. You can get drops 1 out of 15 but those drops can be Karil skirt or verac skirt which will give basically nothing. Get kill count of 20 to help keep the money coming. With your stats you can own 10 skellys pretty quick.

Anyway.... Good luck

such a big debate seeing how its both alot of luck.

barrows, i have made 3mil off of. i have only had 2 drops and id say i did nearly 100 runs all with id say 10 kc roughly, some were 20 some were 25 and some 30's some 6's and a few 50's

with slayer, its not so bad really i dont know about abby demons but at least its not a constant guess of how much $ your drop will be, at least 2mil + where barrows peices are rarely 1m+ its like all you hope for is verac/guthan /dharok helm verac brassard dharok plate or axe or guthan spear. the rest isnt too much $, decent but a karils coif...boy thats pretty lame

I don't have 85 slayer so i can't tell you what abbys is like, but i'd say go with barrows. Ive done 100 or so runs with 20 KC (I really believe Kc helps items). I've gotten Karil's xbow, 2 dharok's plates, Dharok's Greataxe, Karil's leathertop, and Torag's Platelegs, vearc's plateskirt. All in all i'd say that this was a very profitable 100 runs.

I don't have 85 slayer so i can't tell you what abbys is like, but i'd say go with barrows. Ive done 100 or so runs with 20 KC (I really believe Kc helps items). I've gotten Karil's xbow, 2 dharok's plates, Dharok's Greataxe, Karil's leathertop, and Torag's Platelegs, vearc's plateskirt. All in all i'd say that this was a very profitable 100 runs.

You lucky little.... I've done 50 runs and gotten ony a karil coif :cry:. Metal dragons CAN be a good way of making money..

how long did it take you to make this much at the barrows? (the reason im asking these questions is mainly because ive got at least another 150m i need to get)
About a week. (always 20 kc, btw.)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!