So Called "Prayer Noobs?"

Jack12338

I really do not understand why whenever pking or fighting in castle wars, when I whip out my protect from melee, a wave of "prayer n00b! LOLZ! Pray4 c4nt save you n0wz n00bs!" Attacks the chat box. Prayer is a skill, I spent my good amount of time training it, I have a right to use it, just because they don't have prayer doesn't mean they have to insult us, it's the exact same thing with the sword in Halo 2, or the Sniper in Battlefield 2, ect. ect. It's almost the same with wilderness teleports, its a paratism, in a sense, one person is glad they saved all their equipment, the other person is angry they wasted all their sharks and the what not, if Jagex wanted it to be so, they would've made it so you can't teleport in the wilderness.

Am I the only one offended by the name "pr4y n00b."?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i hate it when im in wilderness and someone comes up and attacks me then i get called a prayer n00b cause i use protect against melee and fight back.

Low_C.png

its mainly because pkers want a fair fight where you only use stat boosting prayers. most pkers have these prayers but dont use them so i think its much less hassle to not use it unless its smite or if pjers come after your kill :P

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I personally have no problem with people who pray in the wilderness, but while in CW, I see it as a waste . . . The only visible prayers that I believe are acceptable in CW (not in wilderness, mind you) are Retribution, Redemption, and Smite.

80-rangeTJ1p.bmp

Proud Member of the Dragonz Clan

if your being teamed, no problem, but its the people that pray 1v1 vrs mellee that are the real 'prayer noobs'. obviously if both people have an intent for a fight, and one whips out prayer, the other will aswell. all this does is slow down the fight considerably, which is stupid. i realize one could make the same argument about eating, but that is different. in combat, its not unlikely for one person to get a string of good luck, and hit alot at one time, which if there was no food would kill. however, over the long run, the other person could very well have more hits, and win the fight. furthermore, theres a tiny bit of skill in when to eat, as opposed to prayer

I hate it when people pray,then you pray cause they're praying,then they call you a prayer noob...Annoys me

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

I'll start off by saying I fully understand your point, and that I'm not a pker myself so I might be wrong on some points..

Pking is one of the aspects of the game such as merchanting or skilling.

The main point of the game is to have FUN, and quite alot of players have most fun when they pk.

But to keep it fun for everyone, some 'rules' have to be respected, not rules as stated by Jagex (well those too), but some other rules, known as 'The Code of Honour'.

This involves that the majority of the pking population don't really like things like Pile Jumping, Backstabbing, Teleporting, ...

Praying is one of them things most pkers don't like and find 'not done'.

It may now seem I am trying to tell you not to pray or any other of the above, but it's still your decision..

Look at it it way tho, consider you are fighting a TzHaar monster for the xp and drops for example.

You are killing them nicely using food and stuff when someone way higher than you comes up and starts killing all your monsters, therefore getting all the xp and drops, while you still waste the food.

You would consider this pretty annoying and 'not done' too, even though the player has probably trained hard for his lvls.

This is what I mean with 'The Code of Honour', even though it is not forbidden to do by the rules, it can get very annoying.

This is how I think about it, you might think differently and if you want to flame my opinion, go ahead, but remember it's only a game made for fun afterall...

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

I do love my prayer, and I do think that we have a right to use it, but I don't think it should be used in the wilderness if you're the one on attack, or out there to attack. Other than that I think prayer is total ownage. In castle wars full karils with protect from melee and steel skin on is almost a guaranteed score if you're making a dash with the flag. Prayer is also a live saver in the wilderness. I can take 3 people my level (95) with lobsters in dragonhide with a super defence potion and prayer.

Meh, smite and sara strike take care of most people who pray anyway

I kind of like when people mage pray (to my pure) cause they waste all the prayer trying to get away, all I have to do is keep them on tangles and sara strikes. Soon their prayer runs out and they cant protect, lol.

Masterpsion.gif

I'm still training up (I'm pretty low level) and I've been working hard on my prayer. For the most part I find prayer is OK. Even one on one.

It's just like working hard to use magic when you are not a mage. It is a combat skill used to gain an advantage in a fight, people who shout "Pr4y3r n^b" are people who are obviously not patient enough to train the difficult prayer skill and are not strong enough to defeat somebody using it.

Prayer makes you a stronger opponent. Not a cheater or a noob.

I've repeated this a lot in the post, but to stress...

Prayer is a hard earned skill which assists in giving you an upside in combat. Anybody that believes prayer is unfair cannot stand to be at a disadvantage, because they are not skilled fighters and they literally need their opponent to hold back for a "Fair fight". A fair fight is you and your oppponent giving it everything you've got. Anything else is a sissy deathmatch.

(This is my first post, I hope it was good enough for you guys :) , I will try to make all my posts like this.)

Help support me on my RuneScape goal for Santa!!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4387425#4387425

Don't know why I didn't edit but oh well..

I forgot to add, that I think praying is perfectly fine when you are not pking yourself, buy in wildy for something else, e.g a clue..

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

What's the fun when both people pray? :?

Exactly

Praying one vers. one in a fair fight is pretty sad if you ask me. Basically you suck too much to fight without protection prayers, so you freak out and flick the prayer on like a sissy. The only time it's okay in my opinion to pray is fighting NPC's, when you are being teamed and you have an unfair advantage, or you get "pile jumped".

You might resort to the "well Jagex put it in for a reason." While this is true, that doesn't mean praying 1v1 doesn't make you a pansy, and lame. On rsc, the only protection prayer you could use in PvP was protect from missiles(range). The reason they changed it is because of you whiney babies that complain about the wilderness being too dangerous. Well why do you think that some of the best xp, and items can be found in the wilderness? Because it is SUPPOSED to be dangerous.

That's just my opinion

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I'm still training up (I'm pretty low level) and I've been working hard on my prayer. For the most part I find prayer is OK. Even one on one.

It's just like working hard to use magic when you are not a mage. It is a combat skill used to gain an advantage in a fight, people who shout "Pr4y3r n^b" are people who are obviously not patient enough to train the difficult prayer skill and are not strong enough to defeat somebody using it.

Prayer makes you a stronger opponent. Not a cheater or a noob.

I've repeated this a lot in the post, but to stress...

Prayer is a hard earned skill which assists in giving you an upside in combat. Anybody that believes prayer is unfair cannot stand to be at a disadvantage, because they are not skilled fighters and they literally need their opponent to hold back for a "Fair fight". A fair fight is you and your oppponent giving it everything you've got. Anything else is a sissy deathmatch.

(This is my first post, I hope it was good enough for you guys :) , I will try to make all my posts like this.)

When you say people that call you a "pray noob" are too impatient to train the "difficult" prayer skill, I am pretty sure you are mistaken. Several people that say that are pkers, who have mains to fund their pures. On their mains, they have prayer, but they choose not to WASTE combat levels on their pures. The reason people make pures is to be strong at a low combat. Getting prayer boosts the combat level up, and doesn't really make you much stronger. As for mains that call you a prayer noob, more than likely they have prayer too. Most of the time that someone calls you a prayer noob, they won't have less pray than you, unless they are pure.

Prayer does not make you a stronger opponent. It makes you a waste of time to fight. It actually makes you weaker, just more defensive.

It was a good first post =). We can always use members that make good posts like this :D .

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

its mainly because pkers want a fair fight where you only use stat boosting prayers. most pkers have these prayers but dont use them so i think its much less hassle to not use it unless its smite or if pjers come after your kill :P

If you have something you can take a (legit) advantage of, but don't, you're an idiot. I use prayer because I can, instead of calling me prayer noob they can pray back. Or if they're pures, go train their own prayer.

Kido, praying 1v1 is the same as not praying at all, but that can't be controlled in other ways than at duel arena. If you're fighting in the wilderness, and agree to not use prayers, someone will start praying anyway... So better if both pray

As everyone says, prayer is there for a reason, if you can use it, then use it, you don't have to save prayer points anyway, if you die you'll just regret you didn't use pray.

Uula.png

Yes i do agree. I hate it when ppl call me that its so annoying cuz i have a right to use it. But sometimes when i am funning at the duel arena, ppl use prayer. Common, you dont need it when you're just dueling for fun :?

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

It's pretty pointless to use it in a one on one battle, because no doubt the other person will use it to, which only results in a longer and more boring fight.

Other than that I don't mind people using them.

Why even bother praying in CW though? Especially 1v1. It's not like you're going to lose anything if you die. Like other people have said, it just slows down the fight and makes it boring. In CW if I'm fighting someone and they start praying, I don't even bother staying to fight. It's a waste of time.

E O S

I don't abuse prayers for everything, but if I am out numbered, it would be stupid not to, especialy in Cw, where you prayer is re-charged if you die anyway. After all, if you spend money to raise a skill, why not use it? Also, if you are in a one-on-one fight and the other person it praying, why leave yourself at a dis-advantage by not praying? Its kinda stupid of you ask me.

The moral: If it is part of your combat level, you have no reason not to use it if it makes you stronger.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts