Guide to soloing the blast furnace

Candymann16

bump, this could, and has been, very useful to all those people who are getting into construction, both for making nails and also steel bars, it is alot cheaper than buying the materials off people and doesnt actually take that long to make a batch, it could also make you alot of money, seeing as steel bars have jumped to 1k ea so this could be better money than running oak back and forth to the mill

Candymann16.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations, this guide has been immortalized and stickified in the Archive of Wisdom!

Please make sure the guide stays in tip top shape.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

thank god its been stickyfied!!!

im only 59 smithing now and i was afraid it would be gone by the time i make it to the 60 mark.

Zeus :twisted:

Think about how boring their job is. All day replying to messages like these: '0mG j0gEx cAn U g1MmÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã 100k 1 w1lL pa1 u bAk 1 swÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãaR!!11!'

Not sure about you but I would want to liven up my job if I had a job like theirs.

I'm not sure about other metals, but with rune for example, the plate alchs for 39,400 gp (pretty sure) and the legs\skirt alch for 38k. If you make slightly less money each item, but make more money per bar, then you're maximizing your profit.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I'm not sure about other metals, but with rune for example, the plate alchs for 39,400 gp (pretty sure) and the legs\skirt alch for 38k. If you make slightly less money each item, but make more money per bar, then you're maximizing your profit.

yes this is true for rune that making and alching rune legs is better money per bar than for plates, but if you can make rune legs/skirts and plate why do you need to go to the blast furnace lol :P

yea, lets take 15 steel bars made at the blast furnace because unless you bring addy or rune ores yourself you will have to bank after every trip

15 bars = 5 plate legs

15 bars = 3 plates

legs alch for 600 ea so making 5 legs = 3000gp

plates alch for 1200 ea so making 3 plates = 3600gp

nats = 300 ea

legs you use 5 nats = 1500gp so you make a profit of 1500gp per 5 legs, which is 300 ea, which is 100 per bar

plates: 3 nats used so 3600 - 900 = 2700gp, which shared into 3 is 900 per plate, which is 180 per bar

this isnt taking into account the price of ores or coal so that might change it but i would still make plates

so make and alch plates if you make steel bars

Candymann16.png

I dont see see how you are profiting...

steel pl8=1220 gp- 320 gp for a nature is 880 coins, or 176 gp per bar.

mith pl8 is 3120- 320 for a nature is 2800 or 560 per bar. you could do maybe 1 load out of a shop before you started losing money.

I dont see see how you are profiting...

steel pl8=1220 gp- 320 gp for a nature is 880 coins, or 176 gp per bar.

mith pl8 is 3120- 320 for a nature is 2800 or 560 per bar. you could do maybe 1 load out of a shop before you started losing money.

i always make a profit when i go there, its not a great money maker, maybe 1k a round, but i buy all my ores from the guy there and aslong as you dont do something wrong then you will make a profit, also i cut down on cost even more by making my own nats, this can really help as with 50+ rc you can make 42/3 nats a run with the abyss, so making 100+ takes less then 10 mins, and 100 nats will last you a while there, so if you can make your own nats

Candymann16.png

Thanks for the guide. I sucsessfuly soloed the blast furnace on my first try (first time EVER using the blast furnace!)

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

has anyone bothered to time exp gained pedaling? is it potentially better exp then monkey agility coures?

if so i'll just pedal and fix the belyts when they break, agility and crafting exp are much needed but only if its worthwile

my site(not much on it yet :p)

Chibois2.gif

Ive gotta try this

How much does mith plate high alch for?

mith plates alch for about 3.1k ea

has anyone bothered to time exp gained pedaling? is it potentially better exp then monkey agility coures?

if so i'll just pedal and fix the belyts when they break, agility and crafting exp are much needed but only if its worthwile

the exp gained is minimal so i would stick to normal agility and crafting methods

Candymann16.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I actually made a video for this a while ago and posted it on Google.

The video is here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... nace&hl=en

I haven't used it in a while though, I've found gold or iron to be better, and i don't always have natures to alch with up there.

Though when I do it, I never have to drop anything, since i buy ALL the ores I need at the store right by Burtha.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump, Great guide for a Great Minigame.

do you buy out all of the ores to 0 or do you leave at a certain amount?

Leave the Ores at 100, then when you sell your ores to buy them back it's alot cheaper for you and other people using the furnace.

mazurizi.png

Well I've been smithing for 3 days continuously at the blast furnace and so here's me adding my two cents.

1. I pay attention to the foreman cause its easier to learn about any break in the belt which can be difficult to see if u set the camera angle to view if the melt/bar drops or not.

2. Now from the high alch of 4 mith plates u get 3120*4=12480 gp. For full stock(I always work with full stock) the price starts at 240 something and buying 20 puts it a 320 something. so lets average the price to 290 ea. that means price of 20 bars is 5800 gp. I use noted coal and just sell and buy back which is way cheaper that buying out coal. So buying 40 coal cost u on average 120 ea(could be less) putting total at 4800. so total is 11200. so profit of 1880 gp not counting price of nats.

So its good profit if u keep the mith stock at the shop almost full. When I solo the furnace I end up timing my runs such that the shops more often than not is fully stocked with mith when I got buy the next load. The times when this does not happen is rare mostly due to someone showing up and upsetting my rhythm or if the new stock ore comes in and goes to store before I can buy it. Doesnt happen often. This is a pretty profit making enterprise.

I'll you all explore it and see if u can get more profit out of it. Dont want to give away all my secrets...not that I have told any here :D

physwap1

Blast furnace and Gnome Delivery ROCK

4 key halves from GD in 3 hrs