Potentially a wonderful investment

Hoopster211

You've seen all of the pictures of POh's leaking out on the forums right? The house with a portal and plants near it, the new "Construction" skill on the Knowledge Base, and the new Construction symbol. So this means that Construction should be coming out pretty soon, because they must already have a majority of it ready. What a few of you may have not noticed over the past week was that the planks have changed in look. They seem more realistic in view, and are the only one to my knowledge that was changed. So wouldn't planks of wood be the most ideal thing to build a house with?

So... heres the potential investment. When construction comes out, people will be wanting all of those planks. With only a few spawns of them, it could take forever to get enough for a house. So if my instinct is correct, they will make it so you can fletch logs in planks. Now I'm not sure if it will be just normal logs, like arrow shafts are, but it could be higher level planks for higher level houses. So if you buy say, 80k yews at 300ea (or 285ea in F2P, maybe slower though) for 24M gp, they might raise temporarily to 320ea, until the construction craze is over.

So 80k times 20 is equal to 1.6M, which is an ok investment. Heres the great comeback incase of a fireback scenario. If it turns out you only need normal logs, you can either sell all of the yews back, as they might not change in price, or just fletch and alch them and still gain a profit.

When farming came out, apple seeds were around 30kea, now they're 5kea, after the craze. There has also been some leaks from the RS item database about KBD heads, and KQ heads that you can mount to the wall. Also some heraldic shield painting stands, so they might shoot up in price too.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Most of these items are difficult to get. When POH/carpentry does finally come out, you can bet these items will be a lot more accessible.

Just look at teak and mahogany. A lot of poeple collected a bunch the hard way, and feel dumb now.

there are shops that sell planks.....

Burgh De Rott and Mort'ton down in morytania. That's all of them. I think. Plus the wildy spawn of planks.

Btw, there is a huge ton of planks down by Crandor where the ship crashed, and some of them might be out in the water, but it's a secluded spot. Pretty much the same distance away from a bank as the wildy. (teleport, or go through dungeon to the TzHaar.

It's nice thinking but there's too much maybe's and guessing in there for me.

Well...

Yeah i suspect Carpentry will be like fletching.

Lvl 1 - Wood House

Lvl 5 - Oak House

ETC

Till:

lvl 99 - Magic House (Noobs get an instant 70 hit when trying to get into your house)

Joke :P

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

does anyone remember the whole smithing nails discussion? i bet you could use rune nails or something...

people would start selling them sooner or later, and then there would be a new use for smithing.....

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

does anyone remember the whole smithing nails discussion? i bet you could use rune nails or something...

people would start selling them sooner or later, and then there would be a new use for smithing.....

Nails are for brutal arrows right?

blueyyy1.gif

blueyyy1.gif

Nails are for brutal arrows right?

yeah, but nails are also for building... ahem, dragon slayer boat...

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

I think that after the spade incident at easter jagax probly make loads more stores and have their wares jump high. like put 200 more for base level.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

there are shops that sell planks.....

Burgh De Rott and Mort'ton down in morytania. That's all of them. I think. Plus the wildy spawn of planks.

Btw, there is a huge ton of planks down by Crandor where the ship crashed, and some of them might be out in the water, but it's a secluded spot. Pretty much the same distance away from a bank as the wildy. (teleport, or go through dungeon to the TzHaar.

It's nice thinking but there's too much maybe's and guessing in there for me.

Does Port Khazard have them?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Just look at teak and mahogany. A lot of poeple collected a bunch the hard way, and feel dumb now.

I collected a good amount of them, and I dont feel dumb at all. There may be easier ways to access them in the future, but I will be prepared, when others will still be collecting.

I'm suprised no one recalls what happened when Farming came out. Jagex introduced means to obtaining seeds early (mainly through pickpocketing master farmers) as well as killing farmers for seeds and farming equipment. People were selling seeds and equipment for outrageous prices until farming actually came out. We then found out how easy the equipment was to obtain.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

and are the only one to my knowledge that was changed

The ghost speaking ammy has also changed

which this is irrelevant

[back on topic], if you look at that pic that was leaked, i would say they are planked houses

nails and a lot of planks would be needed

BUT

prices wont really rise since yews are fairly easy to cut

you dont have to stock up for things unless u need like 10k of an item

and are the only one to my knowledge that was changed

The ghost speaking ammy has also changed

which this is irrelevant

[back on topic], if you look at that pic that was leaked, i would say they are planked houses

nails and a lot of planks would be needed

BUT

prices wont really rise since yews are fairly easy to cut

you dont have to stock up for things unless u need like 10k of an item

even still, if you need yew logs, it will probably be like lvl 50 construction before you can actually use them. so ull have time to obtain them

people have thought this many times. Back before RS2 came out and theiving we had the ability shown as carpetry, how ever it was scrapted. At that time people started to collect 100k's of planks, some I know got to at least 10k... so yeah people hear this all the time, the question really is, will it be new materials or this old stuff.