Quickly-Prayer-ON/OFF-Switching-Technique

killotroll

I don't know if this is widely know. If it is then you must excuse me for the redundancy.

I have been familiar with this technique for a while, but I have never really used it systematically.

Lately I have received a couple of hard slayer quests involving 170+ Black Demons. Even though I'm a lvl 100 those guys are pretty hard and I would have to use alot of food to kill that many.

But... with a fast weapon (e.g. whip) it is possible to kill unlimited numbers without using food or prayer points. How?

By using the quickly-prayer-on/off-switching-technique of course!

Equip whip and attack the demon and turn on protect from melee. Every time you hit with the whip quickly turn prayer off and then back on (double click on icon). This way your prayer points will not go down and you will still be protected against the demons attacks since they are fairly slow.

Bring 1 prayer potion because you migth miss-click, lag or the like and some food and you will be able to kill alot of monsters at low cost.

Caution: The monster might be able to get a hit on you in between the on/off-switching. Remember it is recommended to be used on monsters with slow attack.

This might be considered noobish but it can help fulfill difficult slayer tasks.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

:shock: I didn't know this, Might try on while Dharoking

wouldn't recommend it because you can occasionally get hit, and yes this has been posted before... i don't really find it very effective though because you have to sit there the entire time and continuosly click...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

:shock: I didn't know this, Might try on while Dharoking

wouldn't recommend it because you can occasionally get hit, and yes this has been posted before... i don't really find it very effective though because you have to sit there the entire time and continuosly click...

Dharok is probably the most dangerous monster to play with using this technique.

And yes, I admit that it is boring beyond comprehension to double click for hours. But many aspects of this game is mind wreckingly dull.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

While this may work, I highly recomend AGAINST using it. This, in Jagex's eyes, most likely will be veiwed as a bug, no matter how legit it may seem. So I suggest about sending in a bug report, and then seeing what they decide on it.

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

back in rsc, when their were no atk speeds and you were stuck in the fight, you could do this also..and it greatly improved your chance of getting hit(back then it was called protect from monsters)...anyway it made prayer drop at a rate of 1/10 less then what it normaly would...back in the days when prayer pots went for 3k ea...:(

w4M8t.png

back in rsc, when their were no atk speeds and you were stuck in the fight, you could do this also..and it greatly improved your chance of getting hit(back then it was called protect from monsters)...anyway it made prayer drop at a rate of 1/10 less then what it normaly would...back in the days when prayer pots went for 3k ea...:(

Actually it was paralyze monster. It could be used to kill the king black dragon on only a couple of prayer points if you were good enough.

As for the prayer switching, I thought you had to re-click the attack button after changing prayers?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I would not do this. You have to be fighting the right monster that goes at the same speed as your prayer clicking. Some monsters attack really slow while some attack fast. You would have to get everything perfectly right.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Actually it was paralyze monster. It could be used to kill the king black dragon on only a couple of prayer points if you were good enough.

As for the prayer switching, I thought you had to re-click the attack button after changing prayers?

If you had perfect timing, you only used a few prayer points per monster. That's how I got my first dragon med :D

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Yeah, this is bug abuse. Don't whine when you get banned.

Lol :)

You would only get banned if you have an "unfair" advantage over other players, as every player can do this how can it be bug abuse?

If Jagex wants to fix it, report it as a problem, but to me it hardly sounds like it's worth it. Everyone knows you can click prayer on/off quickly but it takes longer to kill the monsters as it misses a turn with the whip, although this will still be faster than say using a d2h.

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Yeah, this is bug abuse. Don't whine when you get banned.

Lol :)

You would only get banned if you have an "unfair" advantage over other players, as every player can do this how can it be bug abuse?

If Jagex wants to fix it, report it as a problem, but to me it hardly sounds like it's worth it. Everyone knows you can click prayer on/off quickly but it takes longer to kill the monsters as it misses a turn with the whip, although this will still be faster than say using a d2h.

It is bug abuse because you're using a bug in the game to your advantage. I wouldn't recommend using this quick prayer switch thing.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

If you have auto-retaliate on then you don't.

I agree that this is bug abuse. If they meant for this to be usable, then prayer pots wouldn't exist. I've also heard that it's hard to fix with the prayer drain system currently in effect, so it's been a possible-to-abuse bug that's always been out.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Oh, but you do. Guthan? Nah, who needs it. Food? Nope, covered. So, you can kill things without needing to spend much money.

Cheating scum.

While this may work, I highly recomend AGAINST using it. This, in Jagex's eyes, most likely will be veiwed as a bug, no matter how legit it may seem. So I suggest about sending in a bug report, and then seeing what they decide on it.

I will report it.

well arent you a good person :roll: