Funky Training Area on f2p woo hoo!!

simran

Where: somewhere like lumby or rimington, where there is lots of space

Armour: i think might change on how many monsters you can defeat and how good you knowledge is

Monsters: a variation, depending on level of 'tower'

Security: questions to unlock monsters to kill? so you only atempt question for the monsters you wish to fight

other than quessing we'll all just have to wait and see what jagex comes up with

wunders.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the idea of having the level of the monsters variable, like the level of random events. and jagex did say they would introduce new armour, not just a normal rewards. and if the new armour is, say, a complete set of 4 (helm, shield, legs and plate), then we might get those final 4 banks spots. who knows...

Stallion4589.png

I guess it'll be some new helmet... I hope it looks nice, and I also hope it leaves the face / some hair showing.

I'll assume that It will be introduced in Al kharid, or Somewhere between draynor and Rimmington, where there is a load of space.

monotonesiguv2.png

Where: I think it will be a place where there is nothing but trees.

Armor: I think maybe it will be as good as mith or addy but looks better and maybe a lvl requirement.

Monsters: The monsters will vary from which floor you are on. Since you can only get the armor on the 4th floor, that floor will have higher lvl monsters. And the lower lvls you get other stuff, lower lvl monsters.

Security: No idea

Nivek180

F2p

Proud owner of a Santa Hat

[image Coming Soon]

Im thinking the door idea might be a mock of the Barrows Crypt (if I am correct, the barrows doors have puzzles to solve for passage right?). So instead of puzzles, you have questions. The trick is that until you kill a certain number of monsters on that floor, the message you get is illegible. For instance, on the first floor, you have to kill 4 rats to get 4 pieces of a scroll that allows you to understand the door's question. Correct answers give a reward based on the floor you are on.

As for the armor, what happens is that after you kill the necessary monsters on the last floor and talk to the last door, you recieve the armor piece if you do not have it (bank or inventory) or another reward if you do. It's probably untradable just because most items like these are.

I personally hope its a cape, with +4 stats in all defensive stats save for prayer. Kinda like an ammy of accuracy that gives defensive stats. My rationale is that f2p doesn't have a cape item besides the normal ones, so it would create a demand to reach the end of the event, meaning more information will reach more users. Also, it would help all classes rather than just one...if its a sheild or something, magic and range would again be left out of an update that should be open for all players.

I think you may have it right with the cape idea. The anouncement reads

...with the top floor giving free players a new piece of armour... and it looks pretty good too!
but..

it does say ARMOUR so unless the cape adds significantly to your defense stats I don't think that is it.

It could be a "universal" piece, a mail shirt or plate that has the ability to be used by all types of players.

I would like to see a new type of metal, leading up to a new mining opportunity.

ragnar_rix.png

It's probably untradable just because most items like these are.

I personally hope its a cape, with +4 stats in all defensive stats save for prayer.

The only reason i dont believe it would be a cape giving +4 to all defensive stats is because that would make it the 4th best cape in runescape just under the cape of legends, members have to work hard to complete that quest and they get a cape giving +7 to defensive stats, and by completing the simple funky area they would easily get a cape giving +4 to their defensive stats to i seriously doubt jagex is going to give us that.

I do agree with the armor piece being untradeable though.

Jagex said it will look nice, did you notice they didnt say anything about the armor piece actually giving you good stats.

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

It's probably untradable just because most items like these are.

I personally hope its a cape, with +4 stats in all defensive stats save for prayer.

The only reason i dont believe it would be a cape giving +4 to all defensive stats is because that would make it the 4th best cape in runescape just under the cape of legends, members have to work hard to complete that quest and they get a cape giving +7 to defensive stats, and by completing the simple funky area they would easily get a cape giving +4 to their defensive stats to i seriously doubt jagex is going to give us that.

I do agree with the armor piece being untradeable though.

Jagex said it will look nice, did you notice they didnt say anything about the armor piece actually giving you good stats.

while that is true, also consider that the second best cape in the game, the Obsidian Cape, can be bought by anyone as long as they have the money to do so (about two sets of full rune if I remember correctly, so its not event that hard to get that much money). So if you can get a cape that outranks the Legends cape for less effort, then certainly a cape that is worse wouldn't be a problem.

So much speculation...

Well it's gonna be easy i betcha. Like this:

If someone says i'm a mod but they don't have a crown what do you do?

A (Kill a blue lesser): Report them

B (Kill a purple lesser): Act Normal

C (kill a silver lesser): Tell him your pass

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

i doubt it will be rats to lessers...i'm guessing whole new monsters.

If you mean whole new monstors by monstors we have never seen before in the game, I dont think jagex is going to give us all new monstors. this update is f2p.

Something struck my mind as i was thinking about the funky training area, most training areas in members you can do multiple times for example mini games, i think that is exactly what jagex is going to give f2p. I dont believe this will be one of those things that you can do once and never do again, like quests. You will be able to train over and over again as much as you like. I am going to edit and put on the first post a picture of my guesses of ALL floors of the area.I hope you enjoy it.

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

I think with the questions they will have it so that say like you have to answer questions pertaining to things like on the rules, code of conduct, etc.

So for example it would lower down the idiots pming with idiotic questions that are answered there already.

R.I.P The Old Nite

haha. the monsters i think will have considerably low lvls, due to the fact that its for everyone. lvl 40s will be unhappy abt the fact that to do this "mini-game" they have to better lvl up their stats to kill the monsters. so it won't be much of a training area.

Ahh..can't wait for it to come out!! :P

1.Place- somewhere near lumby, because there are a lot of low lvls there..

2. Armour- i don't think it will be a whole new armour..it will just be a piece of iron platebody, or steel platebody...because it says "one piece of armour"..usually if there are a piece of new armour come out, it will be a full set not just one, so it will probably be some low lvl armour that is already there..

3. Monsters- Nothing too high lvl...from spiders/chickens to probably a zombie or unicorn or something...

4. Security: It would probably works like the maze in dragon slayer...where you kill monsters are that floor and get a key then open the door with the key while answering a question..etc etc.

8-)

any ideas of when itll come out?

I think it will come out at the end of the month...because it's listed last in "behind the scenes"? Heh...no idea.. :?

shannonta5.gif

Miami Heat 4ever fan.

Yes, i'm a girl! I like to watch NBA, so? =]]

Thanks star_in_the_sky for the AMAZING sig and eckered for the great avvy!!

The armour is bound to be something totally new. They said it looks quite good, so it seems new.

Since it is a training area, I doubt it will be that low leveled monsters...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I don't think the armor will be anything we have seen so far for this reason; you have to be a certain level to wear certain type of armor. If this traing area is for low lvs, steel armor would be useless to them.

The cape idea is closer, I think, but still no quite it. I believe it will be a special armor that any level player could use.

As far as the release, I think it could come out next weekend. They have created alot of buzz surrounding it and that would be a good time to release the expantion. Maybe even today (Saturday.)

ragnar_rix.png

alright what about the poor high lvl f2p players that had to figure out all by themselves that it is not good to give your password away............ :roll:
lol i was being stupid a min ago. at least my full rune was in the bank.time to recover my account again. btw ive never had scamming trouble until i got full rune. now im being confronted by "jagex messengers" that r lvl 3 who will hack the server just for me if i give them my password. I think rune armor is cursed by scammer noobs.

customerofdreksbuddys2zr.png

customervq9.png