Funky Training Area on f2p woo hoo!!

simran

First of all this is a f2p update and shouldnt be moved to p2p forum.

Okay today jagex released behind the scenes June which included this.

Finally, we have a brand new FREE TO PLAY release this month. After years of giving security advice to players via our website and our customer relation teams, we have decided to build it into the game via a rather funky training area. Players are invited to hack and slash their way through 4 floors of beasts, all the while answering questions to some pushy doors. Various treasures wait on the different floors, with the top floor giving free players a new piece of armour... and it looks pretty good too! Hopefully you?ll learn a few tips on how to keep your account secure on the way too. --------Sorry but i had to copy and paste.

This is what i believe the funky training area will be located and what will be inside.Post what you believe about the whereabouts and what will be inside.

1.)Where it will be located --- I believe it will be located in edgeville because alot of low level players are there and this will help them get there account secure.

2.)What the new type of armor will be--- I belive it will be a kite shield with the same stats as addy kite.

3.)What beasts will be inside the area---I believe it will range from rats to lesser demons and if you kill lesser, you get special kite.

4.) How will security fit into this edition--- After you kill a beast, to get to the next one you will have to answer a security type question like where do you get a bank pin from and if you answer correctly the door unlocks!!

Guess what it will be and answer my 4 questions

th.93dc71fa3f.jpg

~~~ Click the thumbnail to make it bigger~~~~this is a quick layout of what i believe the funky area will look like. Read the pink writing on the side which explains the layout.

It might come out on June 19 or 26. Either of those dates are highly probable.

Edit:Since its taking forever to come out, i urge everyone who is going to take part in this event read my warning on page 7 which can help save your valuable items.

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are it wont be very good. My guess is that Jagex is including it in f2p, since generally new updates as this one (from the description) are something that most of p2p could care less about, and are forgotten about almost as fast as it was added into the game. :oops:

i propose a temporary sticky to discuss this event before it is released, as it is a monumental update to the f2p world. just an idea, to make discussing this event a bit easier for all the excited f2pers...

i propose a temporary sticky to discuss this event before it is released, as it is a monumental update to the f2p world. just an idea, to make discussing this event a bit easier for all the excited f2pers...

Lol :lol: Monumental... Ive gotta remember that one.

:D

well its an update truly for the f2p world, which we havent seen in a very long time (aside from minor tweaks and graphics, and the occasional "w00t construction!!!! 1 more lvl to the total lvl for f2pers!!!11!!!!!111"

it may not be that good, but whatever it is, ill take it :D

i really wonder what it would be. nevertheless it could be anything, something that's greater than greater demons or something that's better than rune but not as great as dragon (maybe requiring lvl 50 def/att)

i do have my doubts however. they really dont release f2p updates that are already above whats best on f2p already.

I second that, there is going to be a couple of posts about this and making a sticky about this temporarily will be usefull. :)

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

I personally think that it's good that JAGeX is going to give f2p an update. I can see their motive is to keep people from whining to customer support because they haven't read basic security rules (y wen I giv my pas my st00f is gon???????? :lol: :roll: ). I'm just glad there's something to keep us interested...even if it is somewhat short lived

sig2copyedit8jz.jpg

just wait 1 or 2 weeks... dont start geussing... cuz i dont think it will be rlly special... accept it would be F2P...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

yay! woot! im excited! finally, an update that f2p can call their own. [sarcasm] and maybe a little message that pops up when members try and use it in a p2p world: this can only be used in a free server. [/sarcasm]

now, onto business.

1.)Where it will be located --- it will probably be around one of the major cities, as thats where most newbies/noobies/me congregate. edgeville doesnt make sense.

2.)What the new type of armor will be--- "I belive it will be a kite shield with the same stats as addy kite." wow, talk about a random guess. from the description, it sounds like a complete armour set, rather than an individual item. perhaps one part of the set per floor you finish (4 floors, a shield/helm/legs/plate on each of the floors).

3.)What beasts will be inside the area--- "I believe it will range from rats to lesser demons and if you kill lesser, you get special kite." again, you must be obsessed with the kiteshield for some reason. but i do hope for a big spread of monsters, from the lowly rat up to perhaps a greater demon?

4.) How will security fit into this edition--- to move onto the next floor, you will have to answer a security related question.

now that makes more sense, doesnt it?

Stallion4589.png

1) Rimmington. It would lure the noobs to that under-used part of the world.

2) Full Steel or perhaps Mith. The announcement sounds like it might be a full set.

3) Giant Rats to a NEW MONSTER! Something around a Lesser Demon but unlike any other monster. And only available in this area in F2P

4)Security Qusetions from your Rregistration (for the final door) and stuff from the Knowledge Base for the rest.

This is of course just a guess, since Jagex was extraordinarily VAGUE about the whole thing! We will just have to wait and see . . . . :twisted:

ragnar_rix.png

1.)Where it will be located --- Close to Lumbridge. I mean, they put the Guide character next to the castle as well. In some place most new players will notice early.

2.)What the new type of armor will be --- Probably something that doesn't give any stats, but looks cool.

3.)What beasts will be inside the area --- If it's meant for new players, there will be *only* low level monsters. Don't expect a good training area, at least...

4.) How will security fit into this edition --- No idea at all. Combat and security sounds like so weird combination. Maybe monsters that ask you questions, and attack if you answer wrong :lol:

Great Demons? Wha? This is for new, new, NEW players, level 3s who can't tell a password from an elbow.

The moment they see a level 80-whatever demon smiling down at them they'll run away, only to miss that crucial bit of info about how to deter hackers or something.

Jagex wants this to be "educational fun", so it can't be too hard or most of the people won't bother and it'll be a waste of an update.

Great Demons? Wha? This is for new, new, NEW players, level 3s who can't tell a password from an elbow.

The moment they see a level 80-whatever demon smiling down at them they'll run away, only to miss that crucial bit of info about how to deter hackers or something.

Jagex wants this to be "educational fun", so it can't be too hard or most of the people won't bother and it'll be a waste of an update.

ohhhh dont ruin my killing-big-monsters experience. for me, funky new training area = greater demons. funky new training area does not = lots and lots of giant rats, lvl 3 goblins and other low levelled fodder. oh well, i guess the mid-high level f2pers will be missing out...

Stallion4589.png

Where: I'd guess Lumbridge, maybe in the castle, or perhaps extra floors in the church.

Armour: Since this is intended for low levels, no stat requrements, and possibly no stats either. Perhaps a special amulet.

Monsters: Got to be suitable for low levels, unless they are variable level, though not as trong as a random guardian.

Security: Seems the announcement already says it will be the doors, pinching an idea from Knightmare ... the "truth gate", where a question had to be answered correctly to open it.

Other issues:

Item Reclaim: If the special item is lost, can it be reclaimed from an NPC, or can the event be repeated.

Event... this does rather feel like a "holiday event" with no timeframe.

Higher level monsters could be met on higher levels, if the items collected before give the power to defeat them - the object of these monsters is not to try to kill the player, but to keep them interested - a Lesser demon killing you while the door questions you about a PIN would not go down well

Various treasures wait on the different floors, with the top floor giving free players a new piece of armour... and it looks pretty good too!

Like jagex said, various treasures, i think it means stuff like runes, arrows and other stuff like that, not a whole new set of armor.

IF you get to the top floor you get a PIECE of new armor, the only pieces of armor in f2p is helm, plate,legs or kite so you might get ONE item, not the whole set.

And lastly, SOME of high level players don't know lots about security so I believe there will be higher level monstors in the area.

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

1)betwwen lumby and draynor

2)i think the new armor will be a special reinforced aluminum armor that is only attainalbe from this update and is between black and mith

3)maybe ranging from rats to white knights

4)to get through a door you need to answer a question (multiple choice) about security features

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

(\/) 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

(O.o) cabbage rools

(><) my sig is cool, if you agree put this in your sig. *is too lazy to animate*

^the bunny is back! yay!