*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, Germany won't get past the quarterfinals. The Mahnschaft is at an all-time low. They'd have had a lot of trouble qualifying if they weren't the hosts this year.

Winners: Brazilians

Runner Ups: Argentinians

3rd Place: United States (I know i know, im not being a homer on here, i think everyone will be suprised but they will make it out of the Group)

4th Place: Sweeden

Just my guesses, i know ill be wrong but eh who cares :/

3rd Place: United States (I know i know, im not being a homer on here, i think everyone will be suprised but they will make it out of the Group)

4th Place: Sweden

United States will be lucky to make it past the group rounds. Their top players play for bottom of the barrel European clubs like ADO Den Haag, or in the completely talentless mess that the American national competition is. Sweden are a bunch of brainless vikings. If you can outrun them and their battleaxe-like tackles, you'll leave them stuck in the mud while sitting on a comfortable 2 or 3-0.

*Whispers* Dude... your Scott is showing... :P

And my Prediction is:

1st Brazil

Runner Up Croatia

3rdAustralia

4thSweden

(if you couldn't tell ^this^ is impossible)

1st Germany (home crowd ftw?)

Runner Up Brazil

3rdNetherlands

4thCzech Republic

Its a minigame. The first person to catch him gets a Klondike Bar and a handshake from Chuck Norris. Watch out those 2 combined may have adverse effects.

4th Place: Sweden

United States will be lucky to make it past the group rounds. Their top players play for bottom of the barrel European clubs like ADO Den Haag, or in the completely talentless mess that the American national competition is. Sweden are a bunch of brainless vikings. If you can outrun them and their battleaxe-like tackles, you'll leave them stuck in the mud while sitting on a comfortable 2 or 3-0.

DaMarcus Beasly is on PSV Eidenhoven, hardly a "bottom of the barrel European club"

Donovan used to play for Bayer Leverkusen I think...

Fulham was in the middle of the table in Barclays (12th) and Mcbride and Reyna play on their (not so sure about reyna?)

I think Freidel is playing on U.S team right? Goalie for Number 6 Blackburn.

So no, America doesn't have enough good players but they do have some they don't play for the "bottom of the barrel"

Its a minigame. The first person to catch him gets a Klondike Bar and a handshake from Chuck Norris. Watch out those 2 combined may have adverse effects.

Well, i just heard an interesting factoid that'll make me rescind my vote for the US. The United States is 0-7 in World Cup's played in Europe..

0-7...

ZERO FOR SEVEN

I'll let that sink in a little bit.

Also one of the "Soccer Experts" (or so they claim) on ESPN, just said that she thinks the Dutch will win....The Dutch, in their VIOLENT ORANGE JERSEYS.

I want to smack her :(

Honestly, Germany won't get past the quarterfinals. The Mahnschaft is at an all-time low. They'd have had a lot of trouble qualifying if they weren't the hosts this year.

Of course they well. Germany always plays good at the big tournament. They play in their own country. But if Ballack isn't there with them they won't get that far. He really needs to do it. They also did very good with their friendly matches just before the tournament.

Oh, and I dreamed tonight that we (holland) lost to itally with 7 - 1. :cry:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

They got rolled up by Italy (4-1) in the friendlies. In case you forgot, they didn't make it past the group rounds at the Euro championship of 2004, and they haven't really improved much. They got lucky with their relatively weak group, but that won't save them once they reach the knockout rounds.

First Place: Brazil

Second Place: Argentina

Third Place: England

Fourth Place: Italy

Thats what im going with, although it would be good to see England play well as a team for once.

If only Scotland got through :(

~Jimmie

First game starts in 15 minutes... go Costa Rica!

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

First game starts in 15 minutes... go Costa Rica!

Too right! I soooo want Costa Rica to win.

A minutes silence starting now, then the game starts.

~Jimmie

EDIT: Here we go, The World Cup has begun.

They got rolled up by Italy (4-1) in the friendlies. In case you forgot, they didn't make it past the group rounds at the Euro championship of 2004, and they haven't really improved much. They got lucky with their relatively weak group, but that won't save them once they reach the knockout rounds.

Yea, but they didn't have a very good team four years ago when they made it to the W.C. final either. Plus they got the advatage of playing in their own country.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Some good goals for an opening match :)

My prediction is that Germany will qualify, but be thrashed in the Quarter Finals.

England vs. Paraguay tomorrow, cant wait :D

~Jimmie