I did a good deed.

Sidekick

I was training at down on Dagganoths on Misc. Island when I saw a Lvl 81 got killed by one of those, I pillaged his items which had 2 stunning Berserker helmits (don't ask me how he got those) and a Rune scimmy and some lobsters.

I messaged him and he asked who I was, I explained to him about his items that he lost.

He was at Camelot so I teleported there and gave him his stuff back, he gave me the 10sum lobsters I found there to.

I also made a new friend that day.

To be honest, i'd probably keep his stuff. It's his fault for dying and it's the only way he's going to learn what to fight, how long to fight, where to fight, etc.

I probably would've given something that had no value to me back to him, haha. That was a very nice deed!

csuser.jpg

No, this topic was not a waste at all, seeing the hundreds of other topics with people complaining and their "loot" from someone who died by accident it's actually gratifying to see this.

You are very noble Sidekick and earned by admiration. :)

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

If I'd see someone die and I pick up his stuff, I'd probably keep it.

However, if the guy would pm me asking me if he can get his stuff back I'd say "yes if you come back to where I am". I wouldn't teleport to another location for it.

But it was a good deed that you did :)

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Id keep his stuff, sell it, then let the money sit in my bank and do nothing.

Man, doesn't it stink that RuneScape's banks don't have interest? :cry:

Now for the topic.

Mr., you certainly did a good deed. With that, I reward you with a thumbs up. :D

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Is it so abnormal for you to do something nice that you have to create a thread on it? Shouldnt being nice be something we do just to please ourselves?.. Not something to get noticed?

But he did do something nice. I've seen a few topics being made here of people posting about how lucky they were when someone died and said about keeping the stuff for themselves.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

It is admirable that you would do that; I wouldn't have, unless it was one of my friends who had perished.

but i agree with the others; publicizing this event serves only to cheapen it and negates any altruism you might have had at the time. The Bible speaks about this at length, mainly in the New Testament.

Duumvir in game

"...One day I will burn down the rainforest and become a hero."

You are one of the few kind people left in RS. I can't think about the future when this generation of kind and generous gamers quit.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats