Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

ForsakenMage TY for the link hopefully thatll stop the ingame flaming lol

and to the SN Hell Nova18: I'm sorry i wasnt trying to ignore you, for some reason it showed you as offline even thou you were obviously pming me

Jimmy Kak iots even worse then that especialy for the member because they did NOT reset quests when they did this. meaning it was literaly impossible to do herblore. eventually they fixxed it by resetting the dragon slayer heros and druidic ritual quests so yea... it wasnt a happy time but i learned my lesson from the "Gower SChool of Hard Knocks" lol :)

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol cheating didnt ruin the game for me... It WAS the only reason I paid for members on my only legitimate character, + I made over $100 off of one RSC Pker I sold awhile back...

Always Rollin' in RSC

Do you love Harry Potter ?

sdik 3 evah yeht ,ynnig seirram yrrah

Why, a very meaningful, and even touching story. Cheating ruins the game, and you. The inner meaning of the story teaches us a lesson. Be contented with what you have. If you take every minute of RS-playing lightheartedly, you will enjoy, even be grateful for whatever you receive. If you tense up everytime you play RS, then it no longer serves the entertainment purpose. It even stresses you up. I hate auto-miners, hackers and scammers. But why do that do that? Greed. Jealousy.

They lured you into traps of all kind, and for what they risked their neck of getting permenantly banned? Their endless greed and jealousy. Those are the people who are not appreciative of what they receive/possess, and longed for what were beyond their wildest dreams. Hereby, I sincerely advise all Runescapers to be contented with what you have, and not upset or sleepless over something that you do not have as RS is just a game to relax yourself. If your mind is set on what you do not have and you will do anything to get it, SAVE YOUR BREATH. Using downright dispicable programmes/strategies to help you gain what you wanted is DISPISABLE. Sometimes, they are jealous of what you have, or your skills, so that scam/hack your account. How will they feel if their hard-earned account are raided or taken away? Pathetic. Those are selfish, heartless beasts. Justice always triumph over evil. And it will always be that way.

Wow that really got inside of me i cheating is like karma what goes around comes around i know people think that higher lvl players (no names but you could guess who) use programmes but in a fact they probaly don't they just train until there fingers hurt so what i am saying is cheating never pays of u allways get caught one time or another

Private Chat Is Allways 'ON' So Say Hello To Me, Don't Worry I Won't Bite.

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

Very nice article. I've never cheated, so I don't feel guilty about anything. I gotta ask, why did Lord-Kain1 get accused of cheating before he actually started doing it?

"People are idiots. Some just like to say they reported you to see your reaction, others are just spastic losers that believe everything is reportable, and others got banned and end up reporting everyone because they are mentally disturbed"

Very nice article. I've never cheated, so I don't feel guilty about anything. I gotta ask, why did Lord-Kain1 get accused of cheating before he actually started doing it?
jagex says "this is happening" then every random person decides to report everyone they suspect.

like the people that say they reported 300 people in a day...

I hate how some morons assume that your macroing if you don't talk though! :evil: I spend most of my time playing with public chat off and whenever I turn on my friends chat (periodically) I find that I am being accused of using macros! It is sooooo annoying!

The reason I spend most of my time with public chat off is because of all those begging noobs who ask for help and items just because I'm high lvl and rich.

SHAME ON YOU BEGGING NOOBS [-X

Report people who accuse you of macroing for breaking rule 10.

Dodge Skitz (level-124)

1900+ skill total

Wow! What an amazing article! That is sooo well said! My gosh. The writer must of took lots of thought of it and he/she sure said it in a good way. They are sure right, its fun to go the long way meet lots of people and etc. I've never used anything of these such, the only help i've got was from Tip.It.

What an awsome article! Well done!

jagex says "this is happening" then every random person decides to report everyone they suspect.

I'm disgusted. I don't think I've reported anyone unless their rulebreaking (ie cussing) ate away all of the sheaths on my nerves.

"People are idiots. Some just like to say they reported you to see your reaction, others are just spastic losers that believe everything is reportable, and others got banned and end up reporting everyone because they are mentally disturbed"

I'm disgusted. I don't think I've reported anyone unless their rulebreaking (ie cussing) ate away all of the sheaths on my nerves.

looks like you decided to edit my post..sigh

Dodge Skitz (level-124)

1900+ skill total

Furthermore, regardless of whether a macro script is working or not, please do NOT post them up!!!!

For some reason its never possible to hold a decent discussion on tipit.

Just because you don't know what it is, you remove it...

If I removed everything I didn't understand, this forums would be a lot smaller.

My new 'simple' sig with GD =)

signature1.png

back then there was no ingame report abuse function, nor forumes. There was also a large habit back then( and possibly still happens to this day) that people would not like someone for whatever reason(yes as petty as mining the same rocks they are or "ignoring" them) and would have all of thier friends post in forumes and send in querys to jagex about "So and so macroing at X location" ive even heard some people getting banned over the incidents. some were firgured out to be falsely acused; others werent so lucky, and lost thier characters of petty people. At lest now the system is inproved and it will actully give that "that player has not said anything you can not report them for language offense" or something to that point

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Well, I'd love to say that my conscience is clear, because it is. I've never cheated in my life. Instead of moving to a macro program to mine, I just end up stopping because I get so bored. :P I've never cheated, and I never will, I'm not going to rid my 5 year account to me being lazy. :)

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

back then there was no ingame report abuse function, nor forumes. There was also a large habit back then( and possibly still happens to this day) that people would not like someone for whatever reason(yes as petty as mining the same rocks they are or "ignoring" them) and would have all of thier friends post in forumes and send in querys to jagex about "So and so macroing at X location" ive even heard some people getting banned over the incidents. some were firgured out to be falsely acused; others werent so lucky, and lost thier characters of petty people. At lest now the system is inproved and it will actully give that "that player has not said anything you can not report them for language offense" or something to that point

LK1

I see. I think I'm rather relieved that most people don't know my name. Other than that, I can't say much since I myself have reported someone that I didn't like for rule-breaking (using a real person in a fanfic), but then again, she really did name one of my friends in that story.

Great article! Lord-Kain1 should be admired, not because he macroed, but because he admitted his wrong doing and corrected himself! Takes a true person to admit that! Nice one dude! =D>

runemrune,Mr%20Vegetabl2.gif

Legends Quest Completed 4th April 2007 Combat Level 79

Visit my blog! The MrVegetable Diaries

People macro for two reasons:

1. For RL profit by trading - such behavious gave us the pure ESS pain.

2. Because levelling most skills up to a worthwhile level is actually boring as hell, and a potential source of RSI.

Not macroed (yet), but thought about creating something in "autohotkey" to provide a 1-click drop or drop all, or a faster way to wet clay.

AFK macroing is completely wrong though.

a very well writen report... i had a story like that but not as sever

i macroed for only like 10 hours dats all ... and i was watching the screen the whole time....

but then i got banned ... not for macroing tho funny... i was feeling so guilty i didnt bother aplying for an appeal ... i knew what i did was wrong

and now i have never touched any kind of heet program :-$

crystal_cape.png

16537th to get 99 fletching 20th june 2007

quest cape achieved 25th january 2008

1700 total 13th july 2008

click for blog

Great article, I can relate in a way.

Back when I was doing legends and first ever starting to train magic using high alching I was really bad at focusing and staying on one skill long enough to make training it worthwhile. After about 2 days of doing agility on and off and getting really bored I took cheaters way. I got an auto clicker.

I managed to set it up on the gnome agility course in a way that it could do laps of the course gaining pretty good exp and letting me leave the computer without fear of random events (I was always walking away) and with falling ( you can't fall on that course). I got about 50% of the way to 56 agil which I wanted for legends (it only took like a night or so, I can't remember but I was sleeping while it autoed) when I started thinking about how the autoer could do other skills.

I tried it for mining (mined like 500 coal with out touching comp, it banked it and all), smithing (very slow exp, one bar at a time, but when I left it for a while it made like 500 iron bars), selling and buying gen store items (like the willows I cut into longs for 70 fletching...that I surprisingly DID NOT auto, and buying bronze arrows.)

Anyway, these all worked fairly well for about a week or so. When one day the hammer finally came down on my elaborate plan for runescape domination. I tried to login, and I received some message about it not working (don't recall what it said, but it was different to just a login error message, it told me to check my inbox). Sure enough, when I followed up, I had been given a black mark and a 3 day ban from runescape.

"hah, they can't stop meÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

very good article.

i, thankfully, didn't have to feel guilty when reading this as i am cheat free :D

that made it ten times better

I agree :D

FormerTip.It mapper | hello?