Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

Great article, and a great moral to be learned as well.

Macroing and cheating has always been around, and will probably be around for a lot longer. But at least we can slowly show those who cheat what they do is wrong - that, and hopefully Jagex can teach them all a lesson through bans. : D

And I'm happy so say that in my 5 years and 5 months of playing RS, I've never cheated. Even in RSC when everyone was, I stood strong. And I felt better because of that.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never cheated on runescape, nor do i plan to.

I used to cheat on ps2 games and console to get to the last level or to get all weapons etc. but that took the sense of achievement out of the game when you complete it. So I quit my cheating way I did it the good old fashion way with a bit of elbow grease.

This is my victory!

I have NEVER broken ANY rule at all and am proud.

When I had just started I went to the trees at the back of Varrock castle to do some oak cutting, and saw about 100 lvl 3s cutting yews. I didn't know about macroers then and was CONFUSED.

runescaperights0hc.gif

Click on Website to join my clan, Impures Unite.

fixfriendsol7.gif

Shouldn't there be more dwarf truck stops? Click to support.

nice article.. i never tried macroing at all, and ive been playing since january 2002. i wish there was a way to attack macroers if jagex can tell the difference right away lol. all macroers have the option of being attacked by other players, imagine how fun that would be

I'll just have to come out and tell you, you were wrong.

Not because you cheated, I have no qualms with cheating. You were just wrong to risk that much. Now if it were a lv 3 throw-away character, by all means do whatever, but if you have a P Hat, and you're a player mod, come on?

What's your status in the game now?

And furhtermore, I'd be more pissed off than anything about being called "scum".

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

So sorry to hear about your down fall kain1. Right after I joined i was accused of macroing at the cooking guild , I had no clue what it even was!! Let alone do it !! lol i am still a Noobie to all this rune scape stuff , despite I am holding my own in skills and working hard every day at it . I admire your courage to come forward and tell all about your ordeal kain1,Hang in there we rooting you on in your journey to reEstablish your skills and status at rune scape , becuase this has got to be the most fun game I have yet to find on the internet by far !! Thanx Jagex and Kain1 Great story ! \'

I play dnd ;] i hate it when ppl cheat on the d20 lol i got a lvl 10 rouge kender :P kender are off dragonlance lol they are cool

I play in forgotten realms :P

Jagex should put halflings in rs they are like hobbits but very annoying but kender are worse...

Hey, kender own. Tasselhoff FTW!

Great article, glad to see remorse from the author.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated and drunkeness sobered, but stupid is forever.

wolfboy_kh.png

wolfboy_kh.png

Very nice article. I also found it ironic you talking about rolling a 13 year old and they say he was 20 and then living with the guilt. Well I'm a 13 year old that recently got rolled and I can just hope that the guy feels that shame and guilt you mentioned. =D>

erm, he was talking about dungeons and dragons....

I'm ashamed with you. Since Early February 2006, I've been having fun with RuneScape. And, on Thursday 15th June 2006, the best thing ever happened to me:

My friend, who lives the next street to me, plays RuneScape. I'm usually shy going round houses, so I've decided that I can get in touch with him via RuneScape. His name is:

Patterson163

He's a level 20 friendly UK character. Now, I'm Level 8. If I nearly die, he can kill the murderer for me. Once it was clear that he constantly played on RuneScape, I started to. It turned my life around.

Now, the autoer must be EXTERMINATED!

I think it doesn't just ruin the game for your self but all around the other people that play... I mean im really not that good, my stats are ok but not to good, but people that macro get to level faster and stuff which isnt fair at all to other players that actually work for there stats and money. I mean im not poor to were im using rune weapons and addy armors and stuff but i can't aford alot of items like dragon armors and whips. I use rune armors and dragon weapons. So I say that all macro users should be banned or cleaned new. It's just the way I feel.

A very well written article; a nice read. =D>

I hope all of those that macro or have macroed feel the guilt and shame of what they are/were doing. I encourage those to please stop or you will regret it deeply.

I am happy to say that my gaming experience is cheat-free :D

Bubb_Rubb.png

Hey... that was really cool that you admitted you were wrong and started over with a clean slate with ambition and determination to get back to where you were. I admit that I have used a macro program in the past in order to gain an advantage over other players, but I later became scared of losing all the things that I have worked for. :shame: I quit using the macro program months ago (which is a long time considering ive only played for approximately a year).

I used to use macros to buy runes from rune shops by having it macro the "Buy 10" option. I would merchant the runes and make much profit. It would vary between all the types of runes... I even used it on other items that the stores had a large amount of in stock. I am glad to admit that I am currently, and have been for quite a while now, playing fairly and honestly. :D

Didn't expect something like this from you, but I guess more people have different reasons for why they did what they did. ;)

You seem like a perfect example of how accusing people of things they did not do, actually makes them do it though. I can understand the attitude that you seemed to have, being "if people accuse me of it already anyway, what difference does it make if I actually do it then?".

You are pretty much an exception though.. I'm quite sure that most macroers don't care that they are cheating and eventually get banned for it. They don't care about not having a clear conscience. In fact, they aren't taking the whole issue as serious as you, or most "good" people, do.

I am glad you admitted to this I know many ppl who auto and wont ever admit to it after they stop :notalk:

I am a p-mod I have to admit I have done sereise thinking wether to use one beacuse their are so many of them out there and why should I be left behind in the dust. It's then I think of all the stuff that I have to lose

there are alot more cons then pros to useing auto so just dont I annoys me so much that so many ppl use them

only one thing good comes out of autoers and microers... cheeper raw materials

nuts1sig0xz0tp.jpg

Matthew_79.png

Ok, I admit it.

I downloaded macro software.

I tried it, but it was too hard to figure out how to use it...

So, honestly I have never really used a macro.

Thanks for that article and hope you learned your lesson :lol:

nadsiggeh2cw3.png