Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

The author seems to neglect a massive part as to why the cheating community exists. For many of the creators/instigators of cheating programs, it was merely because they wanted to put their java skills to the test. RuneScape, being a browser-plug in game, was the ideal game in which to test it in. The influx of cheaters and macroers were merely a by-product of this testing.

I don't think exploring the reasons for cheating was the author's intent. he was just conveying his personal experience with the issue.

So why is he writing this?:

"Why I am writing about this now? I have been debating why I did it, and why anyone else does these things. Why does the person playing D&D say they rolled a 20 when they really rolled a 13?"

And about the article: You are terribly mistaken about why the majority of people "cheat". I say this as a person who are still part of the cheating communities ( even though I don't cheat myself ). I will write a response as soon as I get the time.

Estel+Teleco.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well finally someone actually admitted to macroing, i wonder if all the macros in f2p are from one person or a group of people? highly likely a very small group, any one who say varroc castle pre-new engine, there was like 50 autos per world with the same program and steel axes.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

well finally someone actually admitted to macroing, i wonder if all the macros in f2p are from one person or a group of people? highly likely a very small group, any one who say varroc castle pre-new engine, there was like 50 autos per world with the same program and steel axes.

Small group?

You might want to think in thousands.. :P

Estel+Teleco.png

everybody knows that cheating is bad

but yea nobody is perfect

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

the 1st article apart from the interviews ive read the whole way through :P in other words good job

im not sure the macroers are really going to care but if it cleans up the tipit community from people who macro.... O:)

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

06Jun17-13.jpgTHIS IS MY VICTORY! great story, its nice to see that some people actually DO learn from there mistakes, and even better FEEL about it very nice :D proud of you for publishing a story like this on such a huge site like this :D
06Mar22-11.jpg

It is nice that you admitted it. I personaly have never even thought of cheating due to the fact of getting banned. My friend used a macro for a while :( but i convinced him to stop. I AM A SELF PROCLAIMED MACRO REPORTER! (300+ in 1 week alone)

Quite a good article, and you deserved the character wipe.

I find the idea of using a macro repulsive to myself-any level I don't gain myself is a level I didn't deserve, and any level I dont deserve I feel I dont deserve.

Hey, according to the article it's my victory, but I'm not entirely guilt free. I lured once about 2 years ago, luring a level 8 with pretty good stuff into the deep wildy and killing him. I also owe a friend who quit about 500 irits, and since he's quit it's on my conscience that I can't pay him back.

Other then that I'm pretty guilt free. No black marks, reported quite a few macro'ers...

Oh, and to the person who said that runescape was ruined from the start-It wasn't. Back then macro use wasn't as widespread. Also, back then people were more likely to report someone for breaking the rules.

However, they were like the people in some multiplayer games that're skill based who use a 1 hit k.o. weapon that shoots a very thin, nearly invisible shot that travels fast (think sniper style weapons) who shoot and miss you by a little bit each time, and accuse you of modding your end to not get hurt. If you were a faster miner who didn't talk bc you were powermining, then they'd accuse you of autoing (I was a pretty fast tin/copper miner who got accused of autoing a few times back then when I was 1-hit mining tin/copper, but I just talked and they stopped :P).

"oh i wont macro oh i hope it will bring the community to bay"

this little article will make little if no impact on people who have cheated.. none whatsoever, i don't see why people are getting hopes up

probably only 1/10th and way less have ever seen this website of the players who play runescape, and of that 1/10th half of them might come back time to time, but most likely will go somewhere else i'm guessing

even if runescape posted oh all these people are banned! it wont make any difference, people will go back to it, half the people sell runescape gold on ebay, go search it yourself

The author seems to neglect a massive part as to why the cheating community exists. For many of the creators/instigators of cheating programs, it was merely because they wanted to put their java skills to the test. RuneScape, being a browser-plug in game, was the ideal game in which to test it in. The influx of cheaters and macroers were merely a by-product of this testing.

I don't think exploring the reasons for cheating was the author's intent. he was just conveying his personal experience with the issue.

If that's the case, it just makes the article even more mundane IMO.

I have been playing for about 1 and a half years (around there..mabey allmost 2) and I have never autoed in my life....but that doesnt mean i nvr thought about it. When i played classic on a differnt account I couldnt get a monster to train on from autoers so i was going to download one but i didnt for fear of it holding a key logger, plus i thought that these noobs are going to get bad and the true players will get rich and high level one day. Also technetrium you shouldnt auto mine, your just going to lose everything in the end.

to be honest with u... i have made some auto miners/alchers/whatever. but purely to test my skills.. (and they arent so great LOL) but i've never used them for my own and have never sold/gave them away. so i guess its ok to say:

THIS IS MY VICTORY! :P

Merloc_Tg.png

For just over a year, I think my stats are really good given the fact that I have never used an auto. The thought of all my hard work being lost for trying to get a few lvls from a macro is just more than i can stand.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

very nice artical, but what amazes me is how it hits you not only in your gaming life, but in real life. cheating is like lying...i used to live my life in a lie, and it was a living hell. trust me, don't get into it. it will only make everything that's bad for you worse. :-({|=

wow i didnt know they removed the skills either... i thought that then u got banned u would be unable to log into your runescape account :o ... sad to lose everything... and then afterwarts truly regret :( well atleast i can honenstly say that ive never cheated in runescape but ive been reported for it several times :-k

\' "this is my victory" \'

i havent made a signature of this small format :(