Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

I have never cheated in RuneScape. Not once. Ever. ...Unless you count looking at Tip.It's guides, but hey, I still need to train for those, don't I? And it's like I'm using an auto program to run the quests for me. Oo; That would be wierd.

Here are my skills.

Attack: 70

Strength: 62

Defence: 62

HitPoints: 64

Ranged: 43

Prayer: 45

Magic: 53

RuneCrafting: 34

Construction: 45

Agility: 56

Herblore: 40

Thieving: 53

Crafting: 46

Fletching: 48

Slayer: 34

Mining: 67

Smithing: 54

Fishing: 53

Cooking: 53

Firemaking: 49

Woodcutting: 67

Farming: 33

I can safely say, I HAVE EARNED THIS VICTORY! :)

You havn't earned a thing, your account is nothing special, not trying to be mean, but it truly isn't that high-leveled ;)

As for your signature, please learn the differance between a HACKER and a CRACKER.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my own experiences with cheating, i can tell you that a lot of people WERE just doing it for FUN, not to ruin the game.

Note the WERE.

As soon as the more advanced programs were released, and RS money was starting to get big bussiness on ebay and stuff.

In the old days it was just to be smarter then jagex, i still remember the very first time there was an java based macro program, which was a very big step forward for the community. Unfortunately the cheating community is now decentralized and has turned in to a big bunch of haters who want to ruin the game.

The community of the cheaters used to be very close with each other, with lots of people helping each other. Actually, i know some people even made a little competition who could write the best "macro" to help noobs.

Please do not understand me wrong... I am talking about the OLD community, before runescape got mainstream (RS2, Miniclip and stuff like that).

And for those of you that have not heard it: the main developer of one of the programs that was used widely has quit the scene, because of the bad image and the lack of friendlyness.

And in case some of you think all cheaters are lame nerds with nothing to do, i know two of the most respected programmers in the community (both quit anyway aroudn the same time i did). One works as a very good doctor in a certain hospital, the others now works for the US governement programming software to find dangerous objects (landmines etc).

~Nlboy

And jsut a little message:

saev/chris msg me if you read this

Y'know what really iratates me?!?!?! when there are 10000000 lvl 3's macroers (with RUNE picks) in the mining guild with there chats off, and lvl 90 mining! There should be a lvl cap of 40 in the mining guild. (no offense miners)

Anyway....Naughty, naughty macroer! Macroers ruin the game for the real players, and steal all the money, and exp. Grr :evil: :wall:

to lord-kain1...could you post some of those pics of the screenshots that you took (mentioned in your interview)?

I have to look for them, in 2001 i had a differnt system then i do now and ill have to go thru my archive of Backup cds to find it. I'll also contact my friend that loaned me his phat in the picks so everyone could see the "king of newbs" LOL cheesie i know but fun

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

i stick with my idea of ip-banning all that were caught macroing once. there's a slight chance that they'd do it again afterall. or Jagex could ask more personal details when people are creating new accounts. then they'd put some restriction, that a person could have 2-3 accounts. or just something like that. i think that would calm the runescape economy a bit. afterall all that the macroers are doing is lowering the prices of for example yews and coal.

shame on the macroers :shame:

Nodding DuckRange: 71/80|Strenght:70/70 |Currently starting at members|

*Crap*

So, you use SCAR. Big woop.

So you know what program it is, that means youve atleast been involved in autoing at one point. Lets just say that the scripts for it had evolved from the old scar you are thinking of. Id suggest going back and search for some of the remaining cheating sites. If you come across ours, you will be able to see what scar can do. Its no longer some sarcastic "big woop" deal.

He said that his friend gave him a Green party Hat...wow, he risked getting caught for cheating, risked his stats, and risked a very expensive item to have his advantage in the game. Now he can live with the guilt of his friend doing him a favor nobody would imagine of doing, giving him that item, im glad u got a bad punishment for it, dont do it again.

hey i havent cheated but i have great respect for these people with great skills creating cheating programs not the java botters or abusers, also i think its kinda funny that people keep slagging these cheaters, i personally think they are jealous just because they arent as inteligent as these skilled people, also im not sure if this is right but theres no point in IP banning, unless you use dial up or have your own IP, most people use DSL (broadband) and you just get assigned a IP each time you connect to the internet which is hardly ever the same the next time you connect, also this technique of random IP banning could stop potential new players from playing the game because they could be assigned a banned IP before they even try to play the game! (if im wrong about this whole IP assigning thing please correct me), oh and lord kain please stop talking i feel embarassed for you each time i seen you post, your just digging a bigger hole, and i would really prefer to see a interview of these cheaters offering to interview not this one of amatuer cheater

hey i havent cheated but i have great respect for these people with great skills creating cheating programs not the java botters or abusers, also i think its kinda funny that people keep slagging these cheaters, i personally think they are jealous just because they arent as inteligent as these skilled people, also im not sure if this is right but theres no point in IP banning, unless you use dial up or have your own IP, most people use DSL (broadband) and you just get assigned a IP each time you connect to the internet which is hardly ever the same the next time you connect, also this technique of random IP banning could stop potential new players from playing the game because they could be assigned a banned IP before they even try to play the game! (if im wrong about this whole IP assigning thing please correct me), oh and lord kain please stop talking i feel embarassed for you each time i seen you post, your just digging a bigger hole, and i would really prefer to see a interview of these cheaters offering to interview not this one of amatuer cheater

Finally theres someone here that has enough logic to understand the situation. Its good that someone can tell that there are those who do cheating for the challenge. I hold respect for gavin and his bieng open minded :). Its good that someone who doesnt cheat, can understand that cheating isnt always a bad thing.

Well, he's basically saying cheating leads to nothing. Thats kinda true. It's like in video games, you can easily get a cheat code to get all the unlocked stuff without working. But after, what do you do with it? Nothing, challenge is gone.

But still, I think that he's making too much fluff with it. I don't think cheaters make such a big deal about it, they just want to get what they want without working, who can blame them?

2480+ total

well you right and wrong on this occasion.

Runescape is a game which is never ending, so if you do get all the stuff, there is always more to do. Its the competition of beating all other players which makes RS such an adictive game to play and which drives leechers to find cheats. I know because i used to play it.

And its not the fact that we want the items / money / ores / logs / Exp without working for them. Its the huge challenge that Jagex have set. Create something which is though to be 'undetectable,' auto for long periods of time and hence beat their systems. The Items and Exp you get out of it are just an added bonus for some players.

Well, he's basically saying cheating leads to nothing. Thats kinda true. It's like in video games, you can easily get a cheat code to get all the unlocked stuff without working. But after, what do you do with it? Nothing, challenge is gone.

But still, I think that he's making too much fluff with it. I don't think cheaters make such a big deal about it, they just want to get what they want without working, who can blame them?

I'm glad someone got what i was trying to say without directly saying it.

and to all of you "cheaters for challenge" i wont even respond to you anymore because you've turned a discussion\ deep meaning question into a constant " omg you know nothing! we only cheat for the challenge of beating the system!" and tottaly ignoring the fact that my discussion was aimed toward the game RUNESCAPE and not your ego inflating "were smarter then jagex dur dur dur" game your playing.. no matter how you try to justify it, your breaking the rules of the game and are being called on it.

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Im not saying what we do it right, im just saying that the main reason we design the cheats int he first place is for the challenge. Thats the main reason. others do it for the Items and money, some for revenge onto Jagex.

Yes we are breaking rules, and we know it. no we dont think we are smarter than Jagex, because however hard we try, players are still banned. We WANT to be smarter than Jagex, but it hasn't happened yet.

...playing games is the ultimate way to have fun!

I liked your signature quote...games are meant to be played and enjoed, and by autoing you miss the primary point of the game...which is to have fun!

But, ya know, I'm not exactly sure, if whether people (macros in particular) are actually having fun playing Runescape. Macros don't cheat so they can have good stats, they macro to make money.

Cool article, I read it - made me realize exactly how many people got their gargantuan doses of guilt for macro-ing (and how many people actually do macro, cuz I see so many people cutting willows, yews and oaks that are lvl 3 that I asked if they were wc pures) =D> hope it helps

• 1 month later...

first i want to say: im really sorry that i now goint to post on a pretty old topic.

second: i'll post on this topic because i want to say something about this article.

it was a very good article. so good, i was almost gonna cry (well, not really) it is just a very good article

and now im going to tell my story. i saw a lot of autotalkers talking. and that time i was a lvl 30. i really couldnt speak english that day (ive learned it, you see? \' ) and all the typing for sell or buy items were getting very annoying. so i were seeking for a autotalker, never find it though. but i didnt use it (im so happy now that i couldnt find it) so im proud to say:

this is MY victory! :)

• 1 month later...

I realise I'm new to RS (in my 4th week now, I think) but hope I can still express an opinion. That opinion is that cheating is dishonorable, and shows a lack of personal integrity. If you cheat in RS, then I wonder what else you feel it's OK to cheat in? Academic exams, perhaps? Would you feel it was right to try to 'beat' the exam system just as an exercise in being devious and in some way proving that you were better than those who set the rules? I don't think there are degrees of cheating - a cheat is a cheat is a cheat - and if you're prepared to do it (and attempt to justify it) in one instance, why not in others? Personal honour is not something which changes with the situation, or likelihood of being caught out - it's a constant which applies in all areas of your life, not just your online gaming behaviour. I value my moral standards far above the ability to outsmart Jagex or anyone else, and consequently cheating would never even cross my mind. To compromise your honour for such trivial reasons seems bizarre to me...