Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

Very impressive and certainly commendable =-)

Go lord kain, especially for picking it back up. THere's no need to be sour, he got punished, but it's impressive he (ok, maybe she) went back at it.

My utterly useless never-the-less (i love that word!) given- claps =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=-)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know how it feels to i have marcoed and also i have scammed!!! for example one time i was in the main fally bank on world one typing selling lvl 83 account over and over!!! then next thing i know i log in and it tellls me i have a message. so i go check it and i have one black mark on my runscape account! then about a week later i scammed a dude out of full mith saying that i would trimm it :shame: next thing i know i am actually band! so of course i sent in an appeal to jagex saying that it was my friend that got on my account and scammed the person!!!!!!! they belived me and un banned my account now to this day i have been a good clean player and now have become a member!!!!!

my rs name= lukeiamudad

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

okay i admit it, when i was level 20 i used an macroer (that i made!) to get from def level 10 to 30 so i could wear some addy a friend gave me.

:boohoo:

do autotypers count as macroers?

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

I never cheated, although for a day I got bored and thought I'd try it... I never got around to downloading an autominer, and to this day I'm dedicated to reporting those who think they can get away with this horrible deed. That and trying to get JaGex to finally print one of the letters i send in... but anyway, shame on you to all who have taken part in this, both those who use autoers AND those who write them! :shame:

I'm not crazy. I'm the only sane person living in a mad, mad world. I think...

i been reading most these posts and fair enough ppl have veiws. I have never cheated...the biggest thing ive done is used quest guides from tip it itself.

If ppl can create a decent macro and make it hard to identify as a macro then fine. They can use it because they have put effort into their lvls.

Its ppl using macros that they havent create that gets me. (eg hu have bought or got it free). They have not worked atall for the lvls and the only relief i have is that if they use it to excess their account is doomed.

when macros were effectively stopped from ess mining (pure ess), essence prices went haywire, i no longer had enuf for 80k ess to finish my nats/ aclhing to 99 mage.

Personally i see nothig rong with selling gp on ebay (not that i do it) as it is a living but with macros it is to easy a living buit as i say if ur good enuf not to get caught, or regret it if u do then u deserve what u have earned.

I dont even think the fun in macroing is beating the lvls, its beating the system. seeing how long your macro can last compared to ur m8s...maybe thats how it is...

anyway macros, even though they are ilegitimate are part of the RS economy and prices rise when macroers fall. Getting rid of Macroers is a lost situation and a missed oppurtunity.

Just like durial, maybe macroers are more of heroes than u thought... just seizing the oppurtunity as it comes...and most importantly...brave enuf not to regret it.

with macroers...life goes on...RS still lives just more like the real world...with temptation.

A nice story kain with an obvious message.

Maybe this is my victory but then maybe im missing something. I am to scared of the consequences to use macroes so i dont.

LOl readin thru the archives of 2002 and saw the simultaneous record...8850 ppl on a time...seems quite trivial now.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

my first post on the site :D nice article. Ive never used autoing things but i have scammed a lvl 27 months ago. He had abby whip and i just couldent resist :D Awhile later i was merchanting and acidently bought somthing 2m more then i was going to pay :x self scammed MYSELF!!!!!!! :!:

I just don't understand. If Kain was already under false suspicion of almost the entire community, of being a cheater, why did he then proceed to actually cheat. Surely the better option would have been to reply to the people who were calling him a cheat and setting them straight on the facts. There was absolutely no need to cheat and the fact that it was an extremely stupid thing to do goes without saying. The people had dug him a grave, and he jumped right into it.

Furthermore the statement at the end of the article about cheating just being tainted glory - I completely agree with it, but could that not be said about Runescape in general? If you achieve 99 mining in a game you have actually achieved nothing compared to expert miners in real life who drill for oil, and go deep into the treacherous coal mines everyday to labour away. Runescape could be seen as tainted glory in that sense. So cheating is tainted, tainted glory.

But despite those things, the article was good :D

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

I personally have never cheated and am also proud of it.

Now I belive only the people that abuse the program, as bebemycat2 said, are the bad ones, not the people writing them. As I have learnt it takes trumendous skill to let alone find the crack in the program. So if they find it, let them use it. But the people that take other peoples hard work and exploit it are doing a bad thing, since they didn't lift a finger to help, they didn't even know that it existed.