Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Cheating - One Player's Story

Lord-Kain1

Firstly I'd like to thank Tip.It for letting me give voice to this issue. The issue of cheating is a big problem, both in real life, and on the internet.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to tell you all about my personal experience with cheating. I have had the RuneScape account Lord-Kain1 since February of 2001, a month after the game was publicly released, from my understanding. From the very beginning...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on the Main site yet?

Read it:

bad that you fall for macroing programs...

Alteast he got punished.

Didn't know tough they de-skilled your account...

Btw: Looks like people started macroÃÆïng very soon.

And they say Runescape is ruined?

It was ruined from the beginning then...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Great story there. It is true, if you have done something, you need to correct it.

*Wrong link in the quote box but right on the other link*

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

very good article.

i, thankfully, didn't have to feel guilty when reading this as i am cheat free :D

that made it ten times better

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Im sadly going to have to admit like Kain, that back in the day I had used cheats. I thought "Omfg if I get this skill here I can have all of this! YES!"Many people told me not to do it. They said the cheat wasnt stable and dont marco for more then 3hours or more. I got addicted and want that level so bad that I left it on for days straight. and to my surprise I was banned.

I felt terriable, I went through 3 stages. Denial, Hate, and Understanding. At first I kept telling myself that I wasnt banned, this wasnt happening to me it was a mistake. Then I was angry at JaGex and the game, I was angry for them for banning my acount. In the end I understood that it wasnt anything other then myself that got me banned. I said my farewells, picked myself up and started clicking again. Unfotanately i've lost a few other acounts to greedy friends and nasty keyloggers. We all make mistakes right?

The moral: Your not invinciable, your going to get caught enventrually. If you stop now you can save yourself alot of guilt and heartache.

I've learned my lesson and I plan to never go down that deep dark road ever again.

On a final note. I advise anyone that is marcoing right now, to this day, to stop.

EDIT: If anyone wants to hear my entire story (for whatever reason) I'll think about posting it.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

The author seems to neglect a massive part as to why the cheating community exists. For many of the creators/instigators of cheating programs, it was merely because they wanted to put their java skills to the test. RuneScape, being a browser-plug in game, was the ideal game in which to test it in. The influx of cheaters and macroers were merely a by-product of this testing.

As for the article itself, well, I'd have to say it's one of the least impressive I've read. I can't seem to get past the whole "I cheated - I banned" theme. You see threads like this everyday, and I fail to see why this article is any different (and believe me, I've tried to engross myself in the emotive language, but to no avail).

Sorry, but a bad review on these weeks article from me. :(

sigh. it's sad that there are many cheaters out there who have been macro-ing for months yet they have not been banned?

the ban imposed on kain was too much? just for one night of macro-ing. i kinda thought he should be banned only for a few days. well.

i guess this is pretty much a good warning to macroers out there

The author seems to neglect a massive part as to why the cheating community exists. For many of the creators/instigators of cheating programs, it was merely because they wanted to put their java skills to the test. RuneScape, being a browser-plug in game, was the ideal game in which to test it in. The influx of cheaters and macroers were merely a by-product of this testing.

I don't think exploring the reasons for cheating was the author's intent. he was just conveying his personal experience with the issue.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Kain inspired me to tell my story and i'd have to say i feel better

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

sigh. it's sad that there are many cheaters out there who have been macro-ing for months yet they have not been banned?

the ban imposed on kain was too much? just for one night of macro-ing. i kinda thought he should be banned only for a few days. well.

i guess this is pretty much a good warning to macroers out there

I wasnt banned, my character was still, then and till this day, very much active, i was just givien a much worse " YOU ARE NOW A NEWB!" command from the admins which yes i did deserve for breaking the rules

To everyone Else; I have to say thank you the responce has been overwhelmingly positive even in game I have had people pming me to comment on the article and to all of them and you i say a heartfelt "Thank You" I wasnt sure how the article would be recieved (wasnt even sure it'd be published) and your comments give great validity to it and im just awe struck

So once again; Thank you

LK1

EDIT* PS at the time THAT PROGRAM was a massive problem for runescape, it was running rampant such as the many woodcutters on f2p and they just did a sweeping wipe of everone involved a friend got wiped just for logging into the macros interface for 5 min. so anyone involved with it got the axe

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

I know the temptation of macroing myself. As a smither I want to get my levels up fast and so it is tempting and I will admit I have looked up macros wanting to use them but never doing so. While it may appear tempting it is as kain said a false victory I myself have gone and mass mined items such as one day I mined 3k rune essence when I was still free wanting to get enough to get my magic up to level 55. And during that time I saw many level 3 macroers which was a huge pain to me seeing all the macroers and reporting quite a few of them. It doesn't seem fair that they do what they do. While we loyal to the game work hard to get our levels up.