Tip.It Times Presents: Cheating - One Player's Story

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! I totally agree with everything you said (about not macroing lol). Anyway, I also was wondering if someone could tell me what the heck 1337 means :?: Thanks

Okay, now turn your screen upside down and read again.

Answer: You can read leet, elite

My new 'simple' sig with GD =)

signature1.png

im glad i read that article now it makes me even more proud of my pure account wich is 81 str 73 attack 10 def 76 mage cuz i earned those lvls on my own

u cood accuse me of cheating in a sence but it wasnt of the macroeing sort and i do regret it but not so much as this cuz i pay for my own membership now instead of paying rs gp for it wich wasnt worth it i worked harder than my chores for that month of members

I'm proud to say I've never cheated by decision. My friend once hacked my aco[bleep] and auto-mined 500 coal, but I sorted that out. (Violence in the wilderness - for once!!!)

I don't like autoers, but I'm sometimes tempted to use one. I just say in my head "Don't waste your account doorknob!"

Congratz on stopping though.

greenandpurplefinishsf3.gif

okay some people, i wont name names, seriously question the article and even going so far as to calling me a liar and that "you cant get stats stripped"

will someone else that knows of the stat wipe situation of 2002 post a confirmation so i can direct them to this board for proof insted of spending 15 minutes argueing with people? lol thanks

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Nice story. Seriously. And It applies to other games too. Vendetta, Neopets, even basic flash games with high score boards. It applies to everything.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Very nice article. I also found it ironic you talking about rolling a 13 year old and they say he was 20 and then living with the guilt. Well I'm a 13 year old that recently got rolled and I can just hope that the guy feels that shame and guilt you mentioned. =D>

I am willing to bet you that if Runescape was real, we ran around with swords and armor, mined, etc... and used cheats (such as a "real life macro") that they would feel more guilty than on some cyber game where they don't know 99.9% of the population. But, you know, people use macros to make easy money. [-( . It's not right.

I have macroed. I'm not gonna lie about it. Although it was a couple of years ago, at least, and i didn't get any levels out of it, i still feel horrible.

I never got banned, stat-wiped, anything like that. I wish i was. No, i'm not some kind of emo, i don't want to hurt myself. I just feel like i need a punishment.

I report people for macroing every day. I'm not a **** better than those i report! Reading lord-kain's article made me feel like shooting myself in the foot.

To everybody: DON'T MACRO! It ruins the fun, the challenge, and your character!

THIS ISN'T MY GODDAMNED VICTORY!

Basically i just have this one account "kelem ryu". I played for about 8 or 9 months non stop and feel i got some decent stats and equipment. I always moved inside the boundries of the game as it is designed.

Eventually i got bored with rs. It always felt, i had to WORK! to get my skills up and get more gold, to PLAY the game. It seems that's an inherent flaw to MMORPGs. At the time when i already felt i'll quit soon, i decided to see what macroing has to offer. I made a new account and checked a it seems popular cheating site. (btw i don't even know if the "try macroing account" got banned. in fact i can't even recall it's name or password anymore. it didn't work for me at all.)

It occured to me, that those macros are actually a way, to beat the game, to get beyond and above it. Usually in rs you just repeat some clicking over and over again, using many hours of your time. Why did i do that? Repetitive tasks are what computers and machines in general are for, not what humans are supposed to do. How much creative effort do you have to put into playing runescape? like none? you don't create anything at all. All you need to "be good" at rs (meaning having high stats and a big pile of goldpieces) is dedication. (and i have to admit, that the dedication some people are showing is very impressive). To write a good script you need dedication as well (i suppose, i can't), but you .. well maybe it's true that there are other skills needed in runescape. The bottom line is this: playing rs is repetitive, writing scripts is creative.

A couple of years ago i played Diablo 2. Since i hadn't a internet connection back then, i didn't know where to go, once i completed the game on all difficulties, so i got a hexeditor and started building a toon by modifying a savegame file. it was much more thrilling then actually playing the game. looking back i just wished i knew more about programing. when i was done with my lvl 99 barbarin called "satan", that had all stats at 666, had all quests completed on every difficulty, had skills unacheivable by ordinary game play and custom made equipment (like those rune thingys, that gave me +32 to a certain skill, whereas usually they give maybe +3 if you get lucky), that even had custom names and my toon was (almost) unkillable, i felt i really beat the game. was much more statisfying then "beating" it the common way. I felt above the game and didn't play it anymore.

After i quit rs i played shadowbane for some weeks. In this game it is commonplace to get powerleveled by another player, either using macroes or the old fashioned way. so i was able to reach lvl 75 (wich is the max) in about three days with on my third char, although i still was a newb. I found it really refreshing, that this game (as opposed to rs) wasn't about lving at all. (it's about pvp) Later i was annoyed by the absurd competition mindset and powergaming that i hate about rs to. Everybody wants to be "the best", to be "uber" it seems. It appears to be mor about beeing better then others, then about being good, but that's a different story.

About the "guilt" expressed by the author of the tip.it times article: in my opinion you can't just macro a little around. If you really do, it will destroy the way you used to play the game. It will become something else instead. Never ever cheat to be better then others and don't do it, if you feel you need to catch up. No wonder you feel guilty. If you break the rules, you'll play a different game, wether you like it or not. remember: Some rules can be bent, some can be broken. just if you do the game won't stay the same.

sadly, once when i was a noob i seriously considered making an auto...i even downloaded the program.

in the end i decided to not use it, smartest desision i've ever made

It turned out to be a virus anyway :lol:

gangsterogdone8fp0tj.jpg

Cheaters never win. [-(

I appluad you for admiting it instead of denying it though =D>

I hate how some morons assume that your macroing if you don't talk though! :evil: I spend most of my time playing with public chat off and whenever I turn on my friends chat (periodically) I find that I am being accused of using macros! It is sooooo annoying!

The reason I spend most of my time with public chat off is because of all those begging noobs who ask for help and items just because I'm high lvl and rich.

SHAME ON YOU BEGGING NOOBS [-X

newbankofrsyq0.gif

what is macroing

good artical too

macroing is using a macro to play the game, a macro is a program that does what it is programmed\ told to do. such as chop trees or mining or whatever...

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

I play dnd ;] i hate it when ppl cheat on the d20 lol i got a lvl 10 rouge kender :P kender are off dragonlance lol they are cool

I play in forgotten realms :P

Jagex should put halflings in rs they are like hobbits but very annoying but kender are worse...

egg11.PNG

okay some people, i wont name names, seriously question the article and even going so far as to calling me a liar and that "you cant get stats stripped"

will someone else that knows of the stat wipe situation of 2002 post a confirmation so i can direct them to this board for proof insted of spending 15 minutes argueing with people? lol thanks

LK1

I can confirm that there was such a incident back in 2002 having played since 2001.

Trying to get the Wayback machine to load up the page with the news article but can't... :evil:

Also the thread was temporarily closed because of cleaning purposes.

Furthermore, regardless of whether a macro script is working or not, please do NOT post them up!!!!

Thanks.

EDIT: Here's your proof: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?news=view_year&year=2002

Scroll down to 29-May-2002.

Wow i remember 2k people getting caught, but i just thought they got banned. I think stat wipped is better than being banned, cause then u get to at least keep you name. Jagex don't do that anymore do they?

I once tried a simple auto clicker macro on a noob account, but i got over it after a few hours and i have always been clean on Jimmy Kak =]

I reakon that the majority of players would have tried a macro before, they prolly wouldnt admit it though...

Great article, brave of you to admit to everyone as well =D>

And i think its good that you have built your character back up

Jimmy+Kak.png

currently smithing