Cannons? Noob or good? Your Opinions?

B_50_2

cannon just pwns...
=D>

People just hate cannons because: They cant afford one, you are stealing "thier" monsters(As if they owned one...), or they hate cannons because eveyone else is donig it. To act "cool".

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can easily afford a cannon. But I don't have one.

I just don't use one because then it would be too easy to get to 85 slayer. I already made a concession by getting a guthan when I reached 80 slayer.

I've seen slayers who act like noobs with their cannon. And I have seen a majority who change worlds.

Not having a cannon has nothing to do with not being able to afford it. At least not always.

I just don't use one because then it would be too easy to get to 85 slayer. I already made a concession by getting a guthan when I reached 80 slayer.

I've seen slayers who act like noobs with their cannon. And I have seen a majority who change worlds.

Not having a cannon has nothing to do with not being able to afford it. At least not always.

No offenss but i think what you said is silly.Cannons and Guthans make Slayer extremly efficient.

At the end of your playing career you may fret on time spent playing RS. If you shave 2-3 months of monotony off of your playing time, thats a good thing.

If you enjoy slow experience and getting food all the time thats fine, but you are out of line to judge those that choose to pay for a quicker path to there goals as bad people who are corrupting how the game is played.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Yeah someone said they would report me for cheating :-k

lol...they should be banned for stupidity...

It's a weapon created by Jagex. How is he cheating by using it.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

I wouldn't excactly call someone using the most expensive to use weapon a noob, and if you're nice to the cannoneers they might just switch (they always do-if you're nice). The only reason I don't use it is because I haven't even completed fishing contest (can anyone tell me where excactly it is :P ?).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

No offenss but i think what you said is silly.Cannons and Guthans make Slayer extremly efficient.

At the end of your playing career you may fret on time spent playing RS. If you shave 2-3 months of monotony off of your playing time, thats a good thing.

If you enjoy slow experience and getting food all the time thats fine, but you are out of line to judge those that choose to pay for a quicker path to there goals as bad people who are corrupting how the game is played.

Where do I judge them? I said there are slayers with cannons that act like noobs, but the majority is polite. Like with everything in Runescape. Some bad apples.

I just made the point that it is not always about costs.

it depends what there being used for, i use a cannon at every opportunity while slaying but when its people just so they can get the attack first i dont think its right

8724th person to 85 slayer on 17/02/07. 99 attck. 88/90 slayer

whips - 35+

dragon drops - 6 chains, 3 legs, 6 skirt, 2 med, 2 left halfs, 4 d2hs, 2 axes and 1 spear

bones2peaches.png

Cannon + Slayer + Kalphites\Dagganoths\Black Demons = FUN MASSIVE SLAYER XP!!!

But I personally love my cannon, and most people that call you a noob are just a true "noob" who thinks that if they call others a noob will make themselves feel better.

Now anyways...a Story.

It was just after the TETFTW Freak Train today, and I was halfway done with a 191 Black Demons Assignment, I log into world 99 and go to my spot. I start setting up my cannon when I notice a level 120 come up and say "Trojann2, Manner's Please?". Granted I didn't even notice her but I of course grabbed it and went North. Then she immediatly ran up and Thanked Me. Now if I would of just left it there I would of, 1. Made a fool of myself 2. Made her and her friends mad 3. Ruined the fun of the game. When she and her friends left, she asked me if I wanted to move down south were the better cannon place was, I gratefully said Thank You.

Just remember not all Cannoners are Cruel. :wink:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Most of the time when I set up a cannon it is before there is anyone else there. Then they come and realize that they can't get very many monsters so they start with the name calling.

My philosophy is that if you can afford it, you are more of a noob for not using it to your advantage. If you can't afford it, don't whine about the ones who can because you could be in their footsteps one day ;)

Some just don't use the cannon anyway, and that's their choice. It has it's ups and downs just like anything (no hp exp).

I would honestly pick up my balls (no pun intended!) and leave if they decided their vocabulary consisted of more than just the few vulgar words that Runescape censors do allow.

Cannons are pure gold. The only problem is the idiots who go out of their way to irritate others with them. If you see a cannon, hop or move. If you want to set up a cannon but see somebody their first, hop or move. Why? Because you aren't a complete jerk. It takes ONE minute to make somebody else happy and to be polite so why not? I use my cannon whenever it gives me a slight edge for training. If there is somebody where I want to set up and my task is not VERY small I hop or move. If somebody is being a jerk I return the favor. :)

I was cannoning kalphites and somebody logged in next to me. The immediately demanded that I hop worlds and told me that I was a noob for killing "their" kalphites on "their" world. They teled and returned with their own cannon and set it up right next to mine. After 3 or 4 more kills I was done with my slayer task and close to leveling so I let my cannon decay and went around hitting the last hit on every single one that I could manage. It was great. He must have been paying like 5k per slayer xp point and that gave me a warm-tingly inside. When he told me that he was almost done I told him I had been done for 20 minutes and was just enjoying lowering his slayer xp. A long string of his swear words, censor evasion, and multiple variants of the word "noob" was followed with my report for language and an eventual addition to my ignore list. Aww, good times. :lol:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

It's the bad apples that make up the general opinion on the use of a cannon. I mean the people that set up a cannon in the already crowded waterfall caves or daganoth caves when there's already 6-8 people there. Don't get me wrong here, I have a cannon, I use it for slayer regularly, but I think setting it up when there's already competition over spawns is just plain rude.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I don't own a cannon, I could probably afford one if I really wanted but I have other places to spend my money atm. I don't object to most cannoneers as they are usually polite about the whole thing, some are rude but then again no worse than arrow stealers and spammers. So I guess cannons are good, I'll probably buy one after I get Guthans and Slayer starts to drag on.

df

iratebadger.png

i got called noob for using canon at daganoths for slayer. but i dont care, it lets me do the task fast

yup exactly the same for me. I was called a noob for using a cannon at daggs. Tokk me 10-15 mins, got my 100+ kills and pocketed the ~10k xp that I got for it. I rarely use my cannon, but for ceratin slayer tasks it is a must.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

It is not a "must" for some slayer tasks, it is a necessity. I manage to do all tasks such as dagganoths and kalphites, swiftly and efficiently just with my melee.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

Yeah. I haven't used mine in a while either. No balls.

LOL.... gotta sig this...

Cannons are fine.. I just don't bring them to heavy training grounds (Besides Daggy's when I was training slayer)

Using one at Firegiants in waterfall or such places is a little annoying to players trying to lvl Range or melee. But then again I think about others as well.

I guess I think of community first rather then self centered

I wish I could meet the polite cannon users that have posted when I play.

If I see someone with a cannon I'll leave, but it burns me when someone pops up after I'm there and sets one up. I turn down all my hellhound and the majority of my Kalphite assignments because of this.

I appreciate that you spent the time training to be able to afford a cannon and ammo for it. I could have one, but I like to get the hp xp when I'm training so I choose not to use one. I spent time training so I could use and afford my whip, so what it boils down to is attitude. If you don't like world hopping, what makes you think I enjoy it?

pretty_baby0.png

Just worry about yourself dude, don't mind others and you'll be fine. They'll realise their the noob for either not having one, or not being able to afford one.

Nice attitude...

Hell with everyone else.. it's all about me..

People will get po'd if you drop one at Firegiants - Dag Kings (For other reasons) or popular spots like that.

But Daggy's - Kalphites - Firegiants (Kara dungeon) - Black demons - or other Slayer assignments it's all good. Your there for a hour getting your slayer and moving on...

But it does help to think about where you are using it and try to be some what respectful to your fellow RS'er.

There is better ways to train range (Knives and god book)

anyway.. that's just my thoughts.. I try to think of others and their gaming experience as well as mine.. 85% of RS community bound to just say..

F them... just worry about yourself..

Then use the words.. "pl0x" "pwnd" "n33b" "noob" or try to use l337 sp33k

have fun