Tales of a Chicken Killer (updated July 14)

Okay, I have not seen a chicken killer post here yet, so I am starting the blog of chicken killing! Muahahaha!

My basic goal is to get 20k feathers, sell 10 each, get 200k, buy rune.

But you would never imagine how funny chicken killing can be, and how rewarding!

Through chicken killing, I have received:

One Drill Demon (Got camo shirt to match my pants)

One Zombie (Shirt and boots)

One Evil Bob balloon animal event

And 5,000+ feathers. :)

So, this is my chicken killing blog. Enjoy.

July 8th

I decided to kill a few chickens this evening. I began with 5,327 feathers. I went over to the chickens west of Lumbridge (by the sheep) with camo shirt and pants, and a black sword (got it at b+w drop). Yes, I know I'm level 57 combat. But I'm not concerned about my weapon. I gave up my black longsword a few days ago to a semi-newbie that had just died. Anyway, I trek from Draynor to the chicken "corral" where a level 25 and a level 14 are training combat. I say hello, the level 25 answers with a wavy glow "Hi." He's owning the chickens, so I switch worlds.

There's a level 16 also training combat in this world. (World 86) She's not picking up her feathers. (Yay)

Then, a message comes through "Follow for high lvl bf." It's a level 45 in full iron with a black sword. Not even a money seeking noob would go after him considering. I'm gaining feathers fast enough, in about three minutes I'm at 150 feathers. Another level 57 comes into the chicken corral. Mith chainmail, addy helmet, rune b'axe, steel kiteshield. I chat for a while to him, killing more chickens along the way. Woohoo, 220 feathers.

I decide I need to get at least 673 feathers to make it an even 6,000 before calling it a night. If you don't talk to people, chicken killing actually goes faster. (That's almost the only "skill" that goes faster!) I decide as I watch a pile of raw chickens on thr ground that runescape chickens don't look quite right on the ground, but their color is realistic enough. The level 57 dissapears, and I'm all alone *wind blows*.

A level 12 comes in. I continue killing chickens. The level 12 leaves. The level 12 comes back. I watch two people fighting over a skirt (on the actual character, not removeable apart from makeover) and hit the 600 feather mark.

680 feathers, and I am done for the evening. I begin my trip to the Draynor bank, and watch as my total of feathers (at the bank) rises to 6007. I'm over a quarter of the way to 20k now!

shadowedkittenbuddyrn0.png

Image by Drek and Buddies

why would people pay 10gp for fethers when you can buy from a fishing shop for 3gp?

because of they dont wanna stand in the shop for hours to buy 20k feathers insteadt of just buy all of them in one ttrade for a little more money

DamageIncTagBW.png

Yes, I am F2P.

Here is the next installment in my Tales of a Chicken Killer blog.

July 10th

I walk back to the chicken corral. There's a level 26 in there killing chickens. I don't get a response back when I say "Hello" so I assume his chat is off. He doesn't appear to be a macroer, but he soon runs off toward Lumby.

I train by myself for a while. It's in the morning where I live, not a lot of people are on. Then two others come in, one with full addy and a rune scimmy and the other with a steel scimmy.

200 feathers and only 3,121 xp until I get level 50 attack.

Did you know that you get 12 xp for every chicken you kill?

Okay, back to the point. Somebody else comes in with black chain and a mith warhammer. (Oooooh, a mith warhammer. A crushing weapon in bluish purple!)

200 feathers and 3,020 xp until lvl 50 attack.

251 more chickens to kill until I get there.

400 feathers, 2,788 xp to go! (232 more chickens)

Now, people come and go constantly here. Some newbies getting chickens to cook, some players getting bones, and the sheep shearer quest. They keep leaving the gate open, but then the chickens get out and I have to go chase them.

I turn on some music, (on RS) namely "Corporal Punishment." It sounds a little too happy to be punishment. 600 feathers, 2,494 xp to go (or something like that)

Somebody left the gate open again.

I kill the chickens that got out and slip back in, closing the gate. The gate keeps re-opening. :-k So I think, what can I do?

I turn on "HomeScape" which doesn't fit chicken killing at all. Then "Waterfall" which doesn't fit, but I like it. (I used to be P2P)

So, now I am at 900 feathers. I'm 1,936 xp away from lvl50.

1,000 feathers and I'm going to try to get to 2k now...

I only have about 150 more chickens to kill until I'm level 50.

Time for a music change! Funny Bunnies. :wink:

I'll write more later.

It's sea shanty 2 you want on repeat! Makes everything miles less tedious.

Good luck on 20k feathers.. :D

ahhh but what happens when the music it's self becomes tedious? :-k ..anywho good luck, i mined coal for my rune(my that was eions ago! :shock: )...but chicken killing is probably more fun because of the combat trianing. good luck :)

if u r doing this only for money i suggest going to w1 and buying feathers 6ea and sell for members 10ea, but if u r doing this for fun as well (i think u r) then wouldnt it be better going to champs guild? its easy to find a world where nobody is there and the best point - its f2p. when i wanna kill chickens i always go there

Use Tinderbox -> RuneHQ / 32 more options

Zigota_Lt gave me the idea of going to the Champion's guild today.

Last night, I killed some more chickens, bringing me up to 7,587 feathers.

Then I went to the stronghold to get my 10k and my fighting boots. They look awesome with my camo. ^^

July 11th

At first, I didn't like the Champion's Guild much. It only took about three minutes to be walking "knee-deep in raw chicken" but on the bright side, I got 100 feathers within three minutes or so. I think less chickens drop feathers here, but I'm getting enough feathers.

Somebody else came in and made fires. I killed a chicken and finally hit attack level 50! Woohoo! Now, to level up my defense. (It's only 44! Ahhh!)

After walking through fire, I switched worlds. There was somebody else killing chickens, but I didn't care. I decided my goal is to get to 10k feathers today. An evil chicken came along and fought the other player killing chickens (REVENGE!!!).

I just saw somebody walk by with an iron warhammer. I know this sounds noobish, but I hadn't seen an iron warhammer before. Never bothered smithing one either.

Levelling up on chickens takes a long time, but at least you get feathers. :shock:

I just turned Sea Shanty 2 on. *dances to it* Whoa... it does make it go faster.

And I'm at 1k feathers! Woohoo! Okay, that's enough for now. Maybe later I'll get the other 1.5k.

July 12th

Random player: Omgz u r sooo noobish u r killin chikens!!!!!

Me: Yes, I know I'm killing chickens. Thank you for the reminder.

Random Player: U r welcom noob!

I am loving my fighting boots. They look so awesome with camo. But RuneScape is lagging today... I started today with 8,842 feathers (in bank) and 44 defense on World 85, though quickly switched to World 87.

Let's throw "Kingdom" on for music. (I used to be P2P)

A level 59 is killing chickens in the Champion guild with me. :-s Now a level 26 just came in. But he got sent somewhere by the Sandwich Lady. The level 59 left, so I'm all alone.

Suddenly I think I'm addicted to killing chickens. =D>

What is it about pixelated chickens that make them so fun to defensively stab?

I'm eating a plain bagel, with no poppy or seasame seeds. I want poppy seeds. :x

A level 47 just came in. Now a level 34, the 47 dissapeared. 47's back.

Sandwich Lady just came and gave me a chocolate bar. :3>

Suddenly a flood of people come in, and then leave.

The 47 dissapeared, and now a level 51 came in. The level 51 and the level 34 are both rangers and they're arguing a bit.

I'm at 1k feathers now.

I have no intent of stopping right now.

I'm timing myself to see how long it takes to get 1k feathers.

(I just got to 46 hitpoints)

At 1.5k feathers, I get 45 defense and I'm now combat level 58! YAY!

I was 10 feathers away from 2k when the sandwich lady came again and gave me a square sandwich.

At 2,010 feathers, I finished for now. It took me 24 minutes and 14 seconds to get 1,000 feathers. (But I was really focusing)

I bank the chocolate bar, the sandwich, and my 2,010 feathers.

I now have 10,852 feathers. Over halfway there now. \'

Haven't seen a blog like this before.... Keep it up it's entertaining :) . I hope you get 20k feathers soon, I had to get 15k feathers to get start-up money to get my first million, but I never became addicted to killing chickens. :? Anyways good luck, hope you get full rune soon!! By the way, if I had any money, I'd donate some money so you can buy feathers, but I was scammed by my first RS friend for 2 million awile ago... It's sad what some people do for pixcels (forgot how to spell that :oops: )

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

good luck in yur goal. very entertaining blog.i am level 58 too. just wondering do you bury bones for prayer or just leave them.

StarViv.png

July 14

And, onto more chicken killing! :o

Started with: Prayer 23, Defense 45

Without a weapon today. Defense takes forever without a weapon. :shock:

I decided I'd also bury bones.

Burying the bones takes longer, but it's training two skills at once. A level 23 in full black comes in to the Champion's Guild and starts killing chickens with me. A level 5 is training mage on chickens from the outside.

Nobody's picking up their feathers, so I'm gathering a bunch. Now the 23 leaves and a 39 in full addy comes in.

I hit 24 prayer. The level 39 leaves, and I'm halfway to 1k feathers.

And then, without any more interruptions (it was a boring session) I make it to 1k.

My total of feathers: 11,852

Only 8,148 to go.