prayer or yellow phat? (f2p only)

aidanryu

Party hats have ruined RS's economy

NO Jagex's rune ess and construction updates have ruined the economy. =;

No there trying to take money out of the economy to slow down inflation, thats why it cost so much. Pure ess is to try to stop rcing profits, which would make less ppl from making nats, which means less nats, which means higher prices, less profit for alchers, less alchers, less money that goes into the economy.

runescapesig7gw.png

Current Goal: Fire Cape, 0-6 at the caves 0-3 agianst the Jad, Lag done me in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YELLOW PARTYHAT FOR SURE.

Always wanted one and I can impress my friends. The prayer isn't really worth it. People may 1-look at it and be amazed but then nobody cares. It's not really that useful too, especially being F2P. Only really gives you a bit of an advantage as it lasts longer than usual peple's in DMs.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

the big bones.

They pretty much are the economy!

On topic >> I would without a doubt choose a Yellow Phat. I would merchant it like crazy, earn a gizillion off it and eventually have enough money in my bank for 80+ prayer.

~~Eelspremiers~~

prayer. Yellow is ugly anyway.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I like my yellow partyhat and had considered selling it to get a few(understatement) levels, but I decided that I had worked to hard to get it to just turn around and sell it again.

So, unless they reach 500m, I will not sell my yellow to get some levels. I'll just go make some more money and get some levels with that.

(FYI - I don't merchant. So, you can see how long it took me to get my perdy little hat...)

Slack_Tide.png

keep the cash, merchant, and every 500k you get, buy 1k big bones, and burry, and don't waste money on early lvls, get to atleast lvl 30 or higher just training, and merchanting, dont waste 500k getting from lvl 1 to like 30, big waste of money.

For sure the phat, simply because anyone willing to put the time and effort into it can get 99 prayer (and without spending a dime, boneyard anyone?),but few can get phats, as they tend to rise in price faster then most people can make money

Anyway...

Next time you're going to post, make sure you actually have some idea as to what you're talking about. Here's a few things to think about:

If phats are so bad for the economy, that means it would IMPROVE if they were removed. However, hasn't it occured to you that all the people with the cash to buy phats, if phats were removed, would then flok to other items?

There's 2 types of people who fall under this category:

People who are so insanely rich they keep their cash in phats so as not to hit the 3 bil money cap

AND

Considerably rich people with a few hundred mil to spend

Now, if phats were removed, these players would need something else to spend money on...

The first type would invest in expensive items, d chains, barrows sets etc.(Because that means fewer items need to be held to keep his/her wealth in mainly items) This would skyrocket the prices of all expensive items...

The other type of person would most likely invest in skills, buying up all the coal,ess, and all other basic materials they could get their hands on.

This would shoot up the price of all the basics.

Both of these things would be BAD, and the main reason prices have remained so firm in rs is because of rares.

Rares aren't bad for the rs economy, rares MAKE the rs economy.

i think he was saying that the addition of tradeable rares ruined the economy. Jagex didnt look ahead, and didn't think that an item that was only avaiable for 1 day, would be worth 100M+ in a few years. obviously they have fixed their mistake, and made holiday items non-tradeable.

furthermore, people would probebly either

1) not have as much cash in general since im assuming msot people trying to get 100M+ are trying just for the 100m or for a rare.

2)spend $ on skills instead of rares.

Now, with more people barrowing, they get more drops. which means more full sets of barrows, which means the prices would even out. Same for dchains and other d drops. more people trying to get the item, means more items in general.*example* if 10 people go kqing, maybe 1 of them gets a dchain if they are lucky. now, if 100 people go kqing, and 10 of them get the dchain, they can sell it to people wanting the dchain. prices would be competetive and even out. tomorrow, 10 more people get a dchain.

*small note, i believe the money cap is at 2.1b. not sure though, but im sure its in the 2.1-2.5b area. not 3. (unless thats for members, but on f2p, its near 2.1b)

polarbeardaveyz9.png

lets see in my mind its this way

1.money

2.skills

3.equipment

4.rares

this is because rares arent usefull, and i've seen a noob in wildy with santa, i almost killed him but teled then i saw someone with phat later that day SO WATCH WHATS GOING ON IN WILDY :)

The bones for prayer.

A party hat is just a hat thats yellow. It doesn't give you nothing but 'popularity'.

I agree.

att: 34 crafting:22

str: 29 prayer: 22

def: 25 mining: 37

cooking: 33 (guild) w/c: 58

magic: 18 I know im a noob. get over it.