New method of training Herblore (from Fairy Tale II quest)

kwimbob

Yeeeah, but even better! Just make tarromin serum (the stuff for Shades quest). Tarromin can easily be bought in large quantities for low costs, and ashes are readily available (just make fires). Gives the same xp as a str potion, without having to gather limp roots.

K, that's good, too. But by the time you hit the lvl for this quest str pots' experience isn't going to help you.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

its free and all but i think its just inconvenient for those seriously looking for levels. Definitly not fast, but its not bad.

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

I made 60 potions last night.

Gorak *are* dangerous. Im cb108 with 91 def + super def pot and barrow-dragon armor set. They hit quite often and can inftict up to 14 damage.

worse thing is, that they drain some stats - they can lightly lower attack, def and strength (and some other skills too), and they drain also your prayer (though i didnt used it, so it didnt metter).

with a load of 15 lobs and super defense potion, I could take an everage of 20 claws per trip, and it takes time.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

its free and all but i think its just inconvenient for those seriously looking for levels. Definitly not fast, but its not bad.
Nicely said, the truth.

If your low on cash this is the best way.

runescapesig7gw.png

Current Goal: Fire Cape, 0-6 at the caves 0-3 agianst the Jad, Lag done me in.

I made about 100 pots, its really way to slow to be effective.

The goracks just dont die fast enough to be an effective leveling method.

You'd be better off killing chaos druids and collecting only decent herbs in the process.

Plus those pots you make could have some value.

I really dont see this as an effective means to level.

Farming and random herb drops are way better in my honest opinion.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Speed-wise, I'll stick with super attack and strength potions since their herbs aren't so hard to grow and having very easy to obtain ingredients (eyes of newts are sold in all herblore stores and Veronica whereas limpwurt roots can be grown from limpwurt plants at a low level farming and will take no less than 20 minutes to fully grow.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Meh, I might try it a bit. I'm level 77 and with rune armor on the Goraks hit 13s on me kinda often. :-# But on the second Gorak I killed after the quest, I got a half key =D>

On about 20(?) monkfish, I managed to kill 5. #-o Oh well... my combat's just not high enough... =/

I was just down in Zanaris, and I made 52 of these Magic Essence Potions. It took a decent amount of time to get a load (26) of Gorak Claws, but they ARE a 100% drop. They are very weak for their level, I'd say no stronger than Fire Giants. I also have to say I disagree with Sk8er, I did not find them all that hard to hit (I am also 99 attack), and I was not super-potted. They didn't hit me too hard, but I often found it difficult to heal with Guthan's as quickly as they hit me.

All in all, I'd say the XP is okay. But, I have a feeling after a reasonable price is established in the market, you may be able to buy the Claws and collect the Starflower yourself (which is really quick), then sell the potion and break even. So, look out for these prices!

These items are untradeable.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

The safe spot is hardly worthy that name, because a Gorak spawns a little to the southwest of it and since their level they are aggressive to everyone. You can avoid this by going north (2 north, 1 east of the pilar like thingy) but then the Gorak that spawns all the way north drops in on you from time to time.

A full crystal bow with 87 range owns these guys pretty hard, but it's far from fast/cheap herblore xp. The only reason I tried was that I needed 5k to get my level.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I was just down in Zanaris, and I made 52 of these Magic Essence Potions. It took a decent amount of time to get a load (26) of Gorak Claws, but they ARE a 100% drop. They are very weak for their level, I'd say no stronger than Fire Giants. I also have to say I disagree with Sk8er, I did not find them all that hard to hit (I am also 99 attack), and I was not super-potted. They didn't hit me too hard, but I often found it difficult to heal with Guthan's as quickly as they hit me.

All in all, I'd say the XP is okay. But, I have a feeling after a reasonable price is established in the market, you may be able to buy the Claws and collect the Starflower yourself (which is really quick), then sell the potion and break even. So, look out for these prices!

the pots are almost useless, but the ingredients will be worth a good amount. Rich people who dont worry about not making anything off herblore will buy the ingredients to make the useless pots. So the 2 ingredients will have a value, the pot wont.

These items are untradeable.

well never mind then, but that would be what would happen if they were tradeable :P

Im sorry but this method just plain sucks; bad exp and useless potions. Just stick to making good potions from the herbs you farm in between slayer tasks or something else that takes 70 minutes.DONT FORGET SUPERCOMPOST AND DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON STANDING NEXT TO YOUR HERB PATCHES TO TAKE CARE OF THEM.

Nicely said, the truth.

If your low on cash this is the best way.

I'm always low on cash :\ (2mil cash now)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I've trained down there through a new attack level (i'm 105 cb and had very little trouble). I wore dragon armor, as guthans is a little overkill. Torag's could be decent down there. You're only going to be down there for 25-26 gorak claws anyways, so plan accordingly (no nats, no fires for alching needed as the bank is very close.)

I had 10 monkfish and 10 salmon and had too much food. (85 def).

Also, please note that the "clouds" on the outer ring are a safe spot from which you can rest, eat some food, take a breath, etc. You cannot attack the goraks from here (even with a hally).

They hit fairly high at times (12-13), but since it's not multi-combat you should still be safe.

happy goraking :)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

having collected 1150 irits through farming and slayer... i'd say herblore is pretty easy if you're willing collect 2nds and farm 2-3 times a day.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Too easy?! It's probably the hardest skill in the game--perhaps even harder than slayer if you don't use the market.

How is it easy? I would love to hear your evidence.

Buy herbs, buy seconds, buy vials, make into pots, sell, repeat.

It's not hard. No skill in runescape is hard.

In order to get a good number of pots made at a time using that method, you would need many millions of gp. Also, wouldn't it take quite a while to buy and sell everything you need? It's not like most people have 1k ranaars rotting in their bank...

I'm not a merchant, so I wouldn't know.

70herby.png