Friends with a great m8 for 2 years, now its going nasty..

martindude

Hello Tip.it Readers,

I have been friends with some1 i dont want to name for 2 years. We knew each other right from the start when we were noobs at lvl 30 about. I got to know him when we were making our money in the old days of 2004, buy merchanting essence. Boy i remember those days every1 used to merchant essence! We used to pk together, help each other make money, joke around, fight around each other it was fun. As we got a bit higher, i decieded to make a clan called dtor- da tricksters of runescape - which is still in runescape. We always pked each other, talked about shows, and stuff, and we were just really close friends. As i got to lvl 81 , my account was banned- martinb10 - so i had to start over on a all new fresh account. He was at lvl 90 something while i was at level 3, but now it's a bit closer- im 81 ' hes 98. We always made shops together, pked together like 10 hours a week, etc. But now, it seems like he hates me, and he's talking to people about me , telling me harsh coments.

I am a clan leader, and he says im being to bossy and selfish. The selfish part i dont know where he got from, i put in my clan atleast 1m a month. Bossy, im not neccearly bossy, but i get mad when peopel don't listen- it's not easy leading 10, 20 , 30 people in the wild when every1s talking about their own thing and not listening. I mean were pking and some1 wonders off i have the right to say where are you going?? right, and if we find people and no1s helping, and im the only one attacking i have the right to say BE AWAKE, cause its pretty stupid not to attack cause your busy talking.

My friend in the past 2 months or say i have relized he's telling me lots of harsh things to me, like come on quit rs, every1 hates you, and uch worse and more then that. I used to joke about it, but saying it every1 day it's obviosuly no lie. With 95 % of my clan member I KNOW they like me, and respect me as a leader. With some, they think im just a simply joke. Today is where i have had enuf. He tells me " Do you know all the converstations ive had with some of your clan members..they al ltell me they hate you. They all think your bossy, selfish, moody, so go die. Go die, go kill your self jump out of a cliff and die. Please quit rs , every1 would be much better without u.

Being his friend for 2 years, i knew that wasn't the old him. I dunno should i quit rs, im a leader of 80-100 member clan, and a owner of a couple shops. After these harsh words of his i don't know what to do ive had a headace and i might just quit..

Please tell me what i should do..

Quitting Rs: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3612741#3612741

Visit My quitting rs bank sale in falador square

sh4rp+blade.png

you sure its him??? maybe someone else has the account someone hacked it or something if not and it is him removed him form your friends list he obviously isn't a nice person anymore and also inform your clan that he is not longer apart if it ect.... i seems like hes actin like a complete bully puttin it politely lol

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Well over the net ive learnt never to get too close to anyone so then if they turn nasty u don't really care about it maybe you should do the same

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Surely you don't have to quit over a person like this.Yes,your gonna miss him but what are you gonna miss if he goes on about you like hes doing now?

It seems he's jealous that you have clan & such.

Just put him on ignore & move along.You will find better friends. :)

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

but i'd sort of miss him, i know he's been saying all this bs about me- but he used to be a cool guy and i'd think i'd miss him..:(

I think you mean to say that you miss the "old" him.

Don't worry about what your "friend" says your clan members think about you, your clan members are perfectly capable of letting you know themselves. If your clan members like and respect you, then do them the service of continuing to lead them, if they don't like and respect you, then resign and move on.

To me, it sounds like your "friend" wants to be the leader of your clan. The sooner you are gone, the sooner this can happen. Some friend.

elle2nq7.jpg

i ask my firend on rs, maybei sohuld move on with puttin u on ignore, he goes =[ . im liek dont give me that look when you've asked me to jump off a cliff and die, he says lol i was joking noob. I dont get him...

the more you think about it the more stressed you will get

the more you talk to him the sadder/madder you will get

the more you think about the insults said to you the more you will want to quit runescape...

put him on ignore, so if he does talk to you, you can't hear him and trust me, eventually he'll get bored of talking to himself

Id just ban him from the clan, and tell your clan to block him. And next time he says something like "go die, everyone hates you" just say "lol thats funny." It will show him that it does'nt bother you.

cypress85.png

i once saw ruby and ash in the wildy, thought it was a santa hat.

Small things can often bring your mood down at an amazing rate, yet if there are any things in Runescape that still bring you some joy, I'd say try to alienate yourself from him, it'll hurt in the beginning but it's for the best.

Don't be harsh to him, or act like him, just be extremely neutral and in the end he'll be nothing but a regular player you used to know. This might sound strange, and it's not good to lose a former good friend, nut heck... srry for you.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

It's probably best to TRY to move on. Or talk it out; Might work. Ask him what his problem is, and see if you can fix it. Try to put what you're going through in his perspective.

If he tells you to go die or anything - report.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

Either:

1) Talk to him, ask him why he's angry at you. Maybe there was something you did that angered him?

2) Ignore him. He only bothers you because you keep responding. If you just leave all his PMs unanswered, he's bound to stop (well, usually anyways)

But definitely do not let one person get you down.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Keep playing runescape if you're having fun. Don't quit because of someone else. Make your own decisions and do what you think is right... Maybe your friend is just jealous of you for catching up so quickly and becoming so successful in runescape. Of course the ignore list is one obtion, but I always try to avoid it...

Overall, just do what you think is right.

I'm seeing a lot of subtleties in what you're saying. It seems to me that your concern lies in the following separate areas:

1. You're afraid of losing him as a friend

2. You're afraid that by alienating him, you'll alienate other friends

3. You're afraid that by alienating him, you'll jeapordize your placement within your clan

Once you decide which of these is most important to you, then you'll be in better position to decide your next course of action.

#1 and #2: If you're more concerned about friendships and relationships, you'll employ more conflict-resolution skills than anything else.

#3: If you're more concerned about clan leadership, then you'll need to employ more strategy.

Let us know what you decide and we'll be better equipped to advise.