Hit higher on the KQ

gehjl

Well i just had a good idea...i think. I'm tryin 2 get a black mask atm..with no luck yet, then i was thinking. I bought verac to start going to the KQ. On the first form, most people have a weapon with a special. What if you keep doing slayer asignments till you get a kalphite asignment. Now you go KQ hunting, and when you use your special, wear the black mask. You should be able to hit more and higher. Then u can use that weapon and mask for the first form, then switch to full verac for 2nd form. Should work

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

If you don't wear Verac's Helm, it's ability won't work. So it would be better to just use Something else if you're gonna wear the mask.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

If you don't wear Verac's Helm, it's ability won't work. So it would be better to just use Something else if you're gonna wear the mask.

Full verac is most useful for the 2nd form, where it has the protect from meele prayer, which verac hits through.

clbqf5.jpg

right now i gotta finish my desert lizard asignment...which i cant burthrop :wall: , then i'll try 2 get a kalphite asignment. Then i'll buy a black mask just to try it out.

clbqf5.jpg

We use masks as normal equipment on our KQ trips, usually 1 of us saves a Kalphite task. though we havent noticed any huge numbers we didn't hit before, 51 max I think.

But we still use mask on the specials and complete 1st form, then switch to Verak helm for the 2nd form.

What does black mask do?

Increases damage on slayer assignments by 15%

No, its gives +15% Attack and +15% Strength while killing your Slayer asinged NPC's. I wish they had a PK assignment, :shock:

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

This is actually a very good idea, I always assumed that you needed FULL Veracs for the both forms, but come to think of it you can definitely use black mask for the first one! Thanks man this will really help me out alot :D

99 Slayer since August 2007.

KQ's second form is ONLY resistant to melee attacks, so verac can be used.

But its not as effective as range, since Verac set effect only works randomly.

Black mask and a bow ftw! :)

(I don't know why everyone thinks you HAVE to have veracs to do KQ. Just melee the first form however you seem fit, and range the second form. You can even mage the second form too.)

KQ "prayers" are not really prayers, per Jagex, they're just indicators on where the uber defense is on that form of the bug.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Well, I dunno if the KQ's second form can be hit with melee occasionaly, or if this was a bug, but a partner and I were killing with Veracs. Someone else on a slayer assignment, with armour, whip, black mask, tagged along with us to get good slayer XP on the kalphite workers that pour out after the KQ is killed. Well, the thing I wasn't expecting was, he actually dealt the most damage, and was hitting a lot of 30+ hits with his whip on the second form. I'm assuming he was hitting well with the whip because of the mask's 15% attack and strength bonuses, particularly the attack bonus for hitting at all.

Dragon Drops: 3 Left Halves, 5 Plateskirts, 3 Platelegs, 1 D2H, 7 Axes, 15 Boots, 1 D Med

GWD Team Drops: 1 Saradomin Hilt, 4 Saradomin Swords, 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Bandos Tassets, 7 Shards, 2 Steam Battlestaves

GWD Solo Drops: 1 Bandos Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Shard

Abyssal Whips: 10

No, its gives +15% Attack and +15% Strength while killing your Slayer asinged NPC's. I wish they had a PK assignment, :shock:

Actually, it's 10% attack and strength, it's weaker than the slave amulet.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

KQ's second form is ONLY resistant to melee attacks, so verac can be used.

But its not as effective as range, since Verac set effect only works randomly.

Black mask and a bow ftw! :)

(I don't know why everyone thinks you HAVE to have veracs to do KQ. Just melee the first form however you seem fit, and range the second form. You can even mage the second form too.)

KQ "prayers" are not really prayers, per Jagex, they're just indicators on where the uber defense is on that form of the bug.

The mask only boosts your Str and Att Bud :wink: And...remember when we went without veracs? Cha Chain! 1 Trip Baby! :D

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

The largest point in wearing veracs is that it saves lots of inventory spots for food. Eating up 2-3 of those spots kind of defeats the point in my opinion. This would greatly help lower leveled teams if they tele after the first form. Bring you mask, dds, and whip the first round and then range or mage gear the second.

And yes, this tip is very old.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

you missed one thing. veracs set effect ignores armor 50 percent of the time. i think that would be more effectiveon the first form than plus 15% att and str bonuses...

50% of the time is not accurate. Go kill Dharok with Veracs on, you'll see its not even close to 50%. Its a random thing, and it probably hits just as much as the other Barrows specials, maybe 1 out of 6 times or so.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

you missed one thing. veracs set effect ignores armor 50 percent of the time. i think that would be more effectiveon the first form than plus 15% att and str bonuses...

50% of the time is not accurate. Go kill Dharok with Veracs on, you'll see its not even close to 50%. Its a random thing, and it probably hits just as much as the other Barrows specials, maybe 1 out of 6 times or so.

Then there's streaks where guthans doesn't even heal you for mintues...LOL

Shall we go kq'ing soon? She's calling our names :D

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

yeah verac is good and all, but lately... lol @ duel arena i end fights with full verac'ers without them doing more then 20 damage to me.

and wow, it took everyone this long to figure this out and post it? usually tip.it is quick about it. i thought this like the 2nd day it was released.

just wear the brassard & skirt with D dagger/dmace with black mask then when done switch back over to the full verac set.