Will There Be a Market for Astrals?

Lighs

The new astral runes are excellent runecrafting exp (especially on world 70 with people teleing others back to the bank) and needed for every lunar spell. However, right now it is unclear whether there will be a market for them. There are tons of threads in the RS forum selling Astrals, but virtually none buying. If a clan needs a lunar mage to boost their fighters in the wildy, that mage shouldn't need more astrals that he/she could craft him/herself. Therefore, I doubt that anyone will be buying 1000 astrals for that purpose. Bake pie, a spell which needs a ton of astrals, is probably not going to be used because there is no demand for pies and they are very slow to make. Only the glass making spell would be used repeatedly, but even then very few astrals are really needed.

Will all of those rcers have ended up wasting their essence?

Discuss.

well i hope they are worth at least 160 each. If i saw right you need lvl82 RC for 2x astral and then i would have a new goal to shoot for.

nat = 320each, 210 profit

2 astral = 320, 210 profit

So anything over 160 each will mean it will be more profitable for a lvl82 RCer to craft astral runes.

EDIT: theres no astral portal in the abyss!?! where is the alter?

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

I'm hoping that future summoning uses astrals. That would definitely create a demand.

I hope they never release summoning, and if they do it probably will have its own rune/item to use.

On topic: If there are people teleing crafters back to the bank then it is probably very fast to get them. And if so, people could just have thier friends tele them back in return for astrals.

Borschwicz.png

|Barrows Drops-7|Dragon Drops-5|

Reason for people selling, and no one buying, is that you cant use them unless you do the quest. And if youre doing the quest, chances are youll take the time to craft a few. (The high[er] requirements do weed out a lot of usual rune buyers, as well).

And theyre quicker then if there was an abyss portal, Id say.

there will be a market, it wont be like the one for nats even though every spell requires a few because of the speed people can craft on world 70. im supprised the market has lived through this and not gone totally crazy.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

I think it will be in the market. Regardless of those players that do the quest and have access to runecraft astrals....some players are just lazy to runecraft themselves, and would rather buy them. :roll:

Bake pie is probably the fastest cooking xp in the game if you have enough pies (it cooks all the pies in your inventory at once and gives you full cooking xp).

[Admin Edit: Images in sig exceed forum limits]

The Stat Potion Share gives 49 Magic XP per cast. It does not use doses if you're alone. It is much, much quicker XP than alching, as well as Boost Potion Share (62 Magic XP!), which requires 3 as opposed to 2 astral runes per cast.

So if noone wants the Astral Runes, I'll take them. :D

The Stat Potion Share gives 49 Magic XP per cast. It does not use doses if you're alone. It is much, much quicker XP than alching, as well as Boost Potion Share (62 Magic XP!), which requires 3 as opposed to 2 astral runes per cast.

New charge ftw?

Bake pie is probably the fastest cooking xp in the game if you have enough pies (it cooks all the pies in your inventory at once and gives you full cooking xp).

It cooks them one at a time, although you only need to click once. It's still better cooking exp than using a range because you can't burn the pies and you can do it in a bank, but the process of gathering ingredients for pies (and putting them together) takes so long that the exp is less efficient than, say, cooking lobsters.

I hadn't thought of the pot sharing technique, but I strongly suspect that Jagex is going to nerf it.

problem is noobs will see you casting and step near you so you waste your potions...

problem is noobs will see you casting and step near you so you waste your potions...

All that you have to do is go to a deserted area. There are plenty of them.

It cooks them one at a time, although you only need to click once. It's still better cooking exp than using a range because you can't burn the pies and you can do it in a bank, but the process of gathering ingredients for pies (and putting them together) takes so long that the exp is less efficient than, say, cooking lobsters.

I hadn't thought of the pot sharing technique, but I strongly suspect that Jagex is going to nerf it.

it cooks all pies at once, doesn't it? the phrase they used was any, but i assume they mean all.

How long does the animation take, and does it really not waste doses? If so, it's definitely bugged, as just bringing ONE prayer pot gives you... an infiite supply?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I dont see much really, I can see some people wanting to use this for groups and everything but other then that, I dont see much use in them besides the teleports.

runescapesig7gw.png

Current Goal: Fire Cape, 0-6 at the caves 0-3 agianst the Jad, Lag done me in.

expect unbaked pies to increase in price maybe up to 3x (if tradeable) overnight (at least on f2p once they get word...). And tonight is -the- night :)

Enjoy! (ps. I have zero pies, and I'm sure anyone with half a brain does either... unless they're uber-super-duper ones.)

SUPER PS. Anyone with 61 crafting -should- also know how to cook. As such, they also know "pie-alching*" <-- (coining this now) is a total waste of time considering.

* also registered:

pie-alching

pie-teleing

pie-smelting

pie-sniffing

pie-smoking

pie-whatnowandwhonow?

pie-moonbeam-cooking?

that's enough I guess :)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

Not really; you can easily impose a limit on it...something like you can't go through the rift if you haven't completed at least that portion of the quest or the entire quest.

The law rift has limits that you can't wear weapons or armor, so that probably can be done.

Plus, the altar's so close that it doesn't matter all that much...

Anyways, it's probably because it would mean a major re-design of the area; Jagex probably didn't even think there would be a new type of rune coming out when they made the abyss...

Off-topic: Ever wonder if the creators ever put in characters that look like them irl?

70herby.png

Not really; you can easily impose a limit on it...something like you can't go through the rift if you haven't completed at least that portion of the quest or the entire quest.

The law rift has limits that you can't wear weapons or armor, so that probably can be done.

Plus, the altar's so close that it doesn't matter all that much...

Anyways, it's probably because it would mean a major re-design of the area; Jagex probably didn't even think there would be a new type of rune coming out when they made the abyss...

Off-topic: Ever wonder if the creators ever put in characters that look like them irl?

I think they want to make you walk for ages to change mage sets. I was on ancients with no lyre or tele house tabs left whne i wanted to go switch after some pking. I had to:

tele lassar, run through the dwarf mine, use the dwarf cart, go through keldagrim, us ethe boat, run through to rekella, go back to keldagrim to get the seal (which I had forgotten), go back to reklla, take the boat, take the second boat, then run down to the altar.

I realy should enchant my lyre :)

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif