Stew of Doom Guide Released (kbase)

Adam007

Just letting you guys know in case you haven't noticed, that jagex finally explained how the stews of doom work. I know people have researched and figured out which color effects which skills, but this explains the numbers that they can each raise, which until now was believed to be random.

http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/ ... le_id=1852

Evil stew of DOOM!

Those who have started the Recipe for Disaster quest, and have got to the stage where they need to save Evil Dave will learn of the totally evil and totally spicy stew.

To get stew, you will need to get an empty bowl, fill it with water and add a potato. When you have done this, continue by adding some cooked meat, and then cook the stew on a range to complete it.

Now you have normal stew, it is time to spice things up a bit! If you head to Evil Dave's BASEMENT OF DOOM!, you will find Evil Dave himself, along with many hellrats.

Using your cat (or soon to become hellcat), order it to chase the hellrats. When it successfully captures one, it will drop a spice shaker, one of four colours, which will have up to four doses of that colour in them.

[image]

Spice Skills affected

[image]

Red Spice Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged and Magic

[image]

Orange Spice Smithing, Crafting, Fletching, Runecrafting, Cooking and Construction

[image]

Yellow Spice Prayer, Agility, Slayer and Thieving

[image]

Brown Spice Woodcutting, Herblore, Farming, Fishing, Mining and Firemaking

How it works

You can only use a maximum of three doses of a colour in a stew, and the colours/doses will determine what the stew will do.

To work out how the stew may effect you, you need to get the number of doses you put in, and multiply it by 2. This is the maximum you will gain or lose, please note that it is up to this number. If the number is 6, you may get 4 for example.

Of course, this means that if you are lucky you could temporarily boost any of the skills mentioned above by 6! (Or, if you are unlucky, temporarily lower the skill by 6.)

If you want an extremely variable stew, try putting 3 doses of each colour in and see what happens!

Cool, cool....

But will I probably ever use the stews?... Nope...

I think anyone who uses a skill under 94 in this game has a use for those. :P

Personally I'll try the construction +6 to make my guilded altar right now, instead of getting the extra 3 levels to 72. I might not though, depends on how rare a +6 comes up.

Question. If you make 1 stew with 3 spices, say red, and it gives yuo the full negative effect of -6 str. Is it possible to eat another stwe witht he same spice mixture and get back up to your original strength level?

also, if you eat a 3 red spice stew, and get a +4, can you eat another stwe to get you above 6? or is 6 the limit?

polarbeardaveyz9.png

If you want an extremely variable stew, try putting 3 doses of each colour in and see what happens!

Oo, that would cool to find out. Has any 1 tryed this?

a lot of epople did the first few days it came out. there were a few topics on this board about it.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Question. If you make 1 stew with 3 spices, say red, and it gives yuo the full negative effect of -6 str. Is it possible to eat another stwe witht he same spice mixture and get back up to your original strength level?

also, if you eat a 3 red spice stew, and get a +4, can you eat another stwe to get you above 6? or is 6 the limit?

It would probably get you back up to normal - I'd just use stat restores though. And no, pots don't stack up. Then you could put your way up to like 99 in any pottable skill. You can drink a +1 pot and a +2 pot and you'll be 2 higher.

I saw Briante post on the official forums that it doesn't work on construction though. And you can only have one stew at once for some reason (so you haev to keep the ingredients in the bank which is inconvienient)

Oo, that would cool to find out. Has any 1 tryed this?

a lot of epople did the first few days it came out. there were a few topics on this board about it.

Oo, im too lazy to search lol. Ill try this tomorrow and see for my self.

Interesting, I remember a TipIt project doing that, but wasn't the conclusion reached that it was random?

Jagex has method to its madness!

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Orange Spice Smithing, Crafting, Fletching, Runecrafting, Cooking and Construction

Could that happend??? Crafting pot ??? after long long long long long long time I waited ??? if so I must check it out first thing tomorow.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

96 Magic :twisted: .

This sounds pretty useful, but the fast that the stat is random (1 in 12 chance for the +6? Or is it even less?), and that you can have only one stew at a time seems like an extreme annoyance :? .

EDIT: HOLY C**P! Who's the punk who put a comma in my post count?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I allready brought it up in the improve cooking guide section, but meh...

I'm gonna try this while standing next to Doric's anvil with that mith 2hander (and restores) to get the devious minds quest over with... should be enough to get me from lvl 61 to lvl 65.... It just takes TOO long to get smithing up using my own dug up gold ores and gold smithing gaunts....

After that....try it for herblore as well....Fairy tale pt II completed?

Shame I cannot use it for MEP II...well, just gonna do it the hard, long and tedious way...

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I've a question. How do I know what skill the stew will be raising?

It seems that stew does better smithing boost than Dwarven Stout(m) is any way to increase the chance of having smithing level raised? Has inv anything to do with the skill? Or is it completely random?

Random, like the first post says the colors have certain skill

runescapesig7gw.png

Current Goal: Fire Cape, 0-6 at the caves 0-3 agianst the Jad, Lag done me in.