New Crossbows And Bolts Eh?!?

Fangz

Finally range gets something \'

Heard the dragonstone bolts hits 50s! :shock:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

useless update if they don't make more gem mining ares (or add more to shilo). Nothing interesting except the new damage upgrades. But still JaGeX is making training in p2p wilderness impossible because of the possibility of 2 hitting a player even with 99 hits. The hits lvl should be raised to something like 125 or something... The high-hitting spells/ranged/melee are making training at green drag near impossible already!

Make f2p things rather than only p2p... the p2p would make more of it if fletching was partly f2p and in the end p2p (the better stuff..). Getting p2p in a while but not really looking forward to (worthless in a way) updates like these.

Get something really useful eh?

And as a side note: Make p2p stuff alching f2p... (I wanna alch that stupid sara staff outta me bank :wink: )

~Icy

KSAWoodcuttingPermBuyer.gif

Currently Buying:

Mage logs 1k ea

I would have expected the standard crossbow (F2P) to be capable of firing bolts up to iron or perhaps steel, and those to be sold in the stores that supply arrows. Or perhaps bronze bolts to be made F2P smithable to answer the old "hard done by rangers" argument that:

Warriors need no ammunition, mages can runecraft their own low level (up to fire strike) ammunition, while rangers cannot make any ammunition.

I also wondered if the use of blurite for something other than a quest would see the ore becoming tradable, which would be interesting, given the arduous mine it comes from.

It seems now there are bronze bolts, iron bolts etc.

Seems like most of the stuff is for members only...

Actually, the bolts (at least bronze and probably up to addy/rune without gems/barbs) are non-members to use, but not of course make/enchant. I found this out when someone was trying to sell 'rare' arrows. I go to see just what kind of s**t this is, and what do ya know! I see a couple of bronze bolts in the trade window. So i knidly telll the player that these bolts are not arrows, nor are they rare. Also there are new croassbows (bronze to rune)

Also, I think jagex just saw the crossbow section of the ranged skill badly needed an improvement (with only two crossbows (normal/pheonix), and four types of bolts (normal/opal/pearl/barbed), I think this addition may prove to be welcome among some of the rangers, especially with the ability to to drain health or prayer from an opponent, except for zombies. Not only that but the cross bows link fletching and smithing and magic alot more, demanding that a player needs to master a wider variety of skills to become succesful.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

just to clarify, crossbows are still worthless in f2p?

f2p have been given no new crossbows or bolts, infact bolts have been replaced with bronze bolts, which may in fact be worse than the regular bolts used to be.

previously the bolts tat's found in wild have the str and damage of iron arrows.. blurite c.bows available to f2p?

I hit a 13 with a mithril crossbow using opal-tipped bronze arrows (e) without ranging armour whereas my maximum hit with a magic shortbow and mithril arrows never passed 9 WITH my ranging armour. The best (excluding Seercull) bow in Runescape with mid-level arrows can hardly hit above 10 and a mid-level crossbow can hit higher with low-level "thunderbolts".

Point One: Crossbows are more powerful than bows.

Point Two: There's the possibility a Dragon Crossbow might be released now, being the first Dragon weapon which isn't for warriors.

Point Three: We can expect a new rise of demand for gems, bars and cosmic runes.

Point Four: Rangers too can now wield a shield while having a powerful weapon.

What said earlier about the new crossbows is debatable, seeing the power... No, abuse people and player killers will do with these.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

for some reason, i find it hilarious that when you try to cut an onyx (or dragonstone), one of the options reads "No! Don't cut my lovely onyx!"

no idea why :-s

Fear the frog reaper. Hypercubes make the frog reaper happy ^_^

easyclickfe5.jpg

Or else I shall feast upon your soul!!! :twisted:

Guest TaDaraCampbell

some questions answered:

the blurite xbow is not F2p(sadly, even though the quest was F2p!)

No new crossbow for us F2p @ all, even though we were the ones that needed the update since P2p got karils, but then again.. they pay and hence the get new stuff.

---------------------------------

I wish they would have let F2p have up to atleast steel, and gems up to that aswell (or substitute with f2p gems). P2p needed no help on range, F2p did though. also... i can only guess the bronze bolts are not as good as the old regular bolts, and they are also larger in price! i don't think this was thought over very well :notalk:

Not only that but the cross bows link fletching and smithing and magic alot more, demanding that a player needs to master a wider variety of skills to become succesful.

I see that as the main drawback for the update; who wants to go through that much trouble just for a minor advantage. It's like how most people in ignore anchovy pizza in favor of swordfish; the minor advantage of extra healing isn't worth the extra effort of actually making the pizzas. Okay, there's also the part about anchovy pizzas being two-bite, but let's ignore that for the sake of argument.

In either case, I don't see many people still making these items after a week; once the newness wears off, making the enchanted bolts will probably be a bigger pain in the rear than they're worth, and there might be a huge drop in interest.

That's just me, though, and I'm usually wrong.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.