Behind the Scenes(new prayers)

xxxShade

I doubt they would actually raise the prayer requirements... :|
I sure hope they do, it's absurdly easy to get level 43 is ANY skill.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex has never made a dramatic change like that (The new level requirements for the prayers) ever. I don't think they'll start now. But then again I've got a feeling in my gut that says Jagex is trying to make their game harder and therefore would be for a rewrite to the protection prayers.

But no harm no foul to me, I've already beaten Legends and with my current stats I'd have enough for Protect from Magic and I could still do the Mage Arena Mini-Game and get a god cape!

I doubt they would actually raise the prayer requirements... :|
I sure hope they do, it's absurdly easy to get level 43 is ANY skill.

Especially combat, as you CAN get prayer XP from pest control.

I'm hoping it gets raised.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Jagex would have to be insane in order to alter the levels needed for prayers that much, let along at all. They think they get rants now? They haven't seen anything yet. The rants forum would be going berserk, and a lot of people would lose faith in Jagex. I personaly don't think that they would do that. 61 for protection from melee, thats a bit too high in my opinion. However I suppose we won't know until the update itself, so I hold out hope until then that the levels required won't be increased by this magnitude. However, I know alot of you will disagree on this, and you are intiteled to your opinions. However I must disagree with you on this.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Do you realize how many people would have wasted their time if jagex raises prayer requirements? I am pretty sure they wont as it would make things off-balanced and start a riot among the players. I think like other people said the new prayers will be just likethe old ones but just with mage and range. Although I do believe that rangers should only get accuracy increase as they already seem to hit high enough with their update.

Seems like Jagex's attempt at nerfing 1 prayer pures. I hope the new prayers are good; I didn't get to 85 prayer at 106 combat for nothing =(.

poor justin.. you haven't learned that Pure is a new rs term meaning "inferior." err, at least jagex feels does.

:ohnoes:

give it a week prices down to 10m easy... month down to 5... :-k

sum1 quote me on that and see in a month lol :ohnoes:

-December 6.

I never lost any spears to ppl i went with. My internet providers are backstabbing pixel huggers though.

In -MY- opinion, there's no reason to even discuss it before it comes out,

because there's about a 1% chance of anyone coming close to the truth.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

he is right...but if it is true, any1 who doesnt have a fire cape is going to be stuck in dust....

| Proud Owner of a Fire Cape | July 23, 2006 | Combat 96 | 3rd Try |

Jagex would have to be insane in order to alter the levels needed for prayers that much, let along at all. They think they get rants now? They haven't seen anything yet. The rants forum would be going berserk, and a lot of people would lose faith in Jagex. I personaly don't think that they would do that. 61 for protection from melee, thats a bit too high in my opinion. However I suppose we won't know until the update itself, so I hold out hope until then that the levels required won't be increased by this magnitude. However, I know alot of you will disagree on this, and you are intiteled to your opinions. However I must disagree with you on this.

i dunno about you guys but im gonna hord d bones till that day comes. Me being a merch and all.

Srry for double post if i did

| Proud Owner of a Fire Cape | July 23, 2006 | Combat 96 | 3rd Try |

he is right...but if it is true, any1 who doesnt have a fire cape is going to be stuck in dust....

One percent? Take a gander at the many threads making predictions about the behind the scenes news. Tip.iters have a relatively high prediction rate.

Also, it isn't exactly that hard to extrapolate the effects of the new prayers from the "pilfered" information. The only REAL question is whether or not the prayer requirements for existing prayers will raise... and you can only be 50% wrong there. :wink:

And most people who attempt for a fire cape have more than the required prayer level of 40. I doubt many people will have to do more than a few levels of prayer raising which is easy and fast through altars/pc. Not to mention that it is totally lame that the highest prayer possible currently is attainable at lvl 52. Can you imagine if full rune was smithed at 52 and you had 47 levels of dead space? Smithing is easier/cheaper to raise but the concept is still sound.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

One percent? Take a gander at the many threads making predictions about the behind the scenes news. Tip.iters have a relatively high prediction rate.

Also, it isn't exactly that hard to extrapolate the effects of the new prayers from the "pilfered" information. The only REAL question is whether or not the prayer requirements for existing prayers will raise... and you can only be 50% wrong there. :wink:

And most people who attempt for a fire cape have more than the required prayer level of 40. I doubt many people will have to do more than a few levels of prayer raising which is easy and fast through altars/pc. Not to mention that it is totally lame that the highest prayer possible currently is attainable at lvl 52. Can you imagine if full rune was smithed at 52 and you had 47 levels of dead space? Smithing is easier/cheaper to raise but the concept is still sound.

sadly rahk, some dont. when d2h came out, educated people made guess's to its str bonus. from evalutating mith 2handers to rune. i took a wildy shot @ the str bonus and was closer then any of them that i knew of.

i really HOPE TO GOD, they add 20% prayer for rangers and mages. i mean magic pot raises u 4 lvls, ranged pot is 15%, a super sets is 20% what the hell?

Seems like Jagex's attempt at nerfing 1 prayer pures. I hope the new prayers are good; I didn't get to 85 prayer at 106 combat for nothing =(.

The Gower Bro's never thought of Pures, they didn't want people to be Pures because it upset the balance of the game and they rewrote the game combat system to try to make up for it. Prayer is used to give those with it an advantage over those who have refuted that skill. I would be very happy to see a horde of new prayers that give us an advantage preferably a distinct advantage and not just another +5% defence.

Which is why pures all scream "pray nub" when you pray, because it negates thier unfairly high hits.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Oh, here's the levels.

1 - Thick Skin Increases your defense by 5%.

4 - Burst of Strength Increases your strength by 5%

7 - Clarity of Thought Increases your attack by 5%

10 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Increase Ranged attack by 5%

13 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Increase Magic attack by 5%

16 - Rock Skin Increases your defense by 10%

19 - Superhuman Strength Increases your strength by 10%

22 - Improved Reflexes Increases your attack by 10%

25 - Increase Ranged attack by 10%

28 - Increase Magic attack by 10%

31 - Rapid Restore 2x restore rate for all stats except hit points and prayer.

34 - Rapid Heal 2 xs restore rate for hit points

37 - Protect Items Keep 1 extra item if you die

40 - Steel Skin Increases your defense by 15%

43 - Ultimate Strength Increases your strength by 15%

46 - Incredible Reflexes Increases your attack by 15%

49 - Increase Ranged attack by 15%

52 - Increase Magic attack by 15%

55 - Protect from Magic Protection from magical attacks

58 - Protect from Missiles Protection from ranged attacks

61 - Protect from Melee Protection from close attacks

64 - Retribution It deals damage to targets nearby when you die.

67 - Redemption Heals you if your health falls under 10% of your maximum health.

70 - Smite 25% of the damage dealt, is drained from your opponent's prayer.

I seriously hope that is correct. But I reckon smite would get a massive power-up...

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

This is bad news for like 60% of people who use melee, i mean with the new bolts range can now kill meleers and mage has always been able to and now prayers for them meaning they will be able to hit even higher! seems kind of unfair to be honest...pking for meleers may be over for while...

but then again now that JaGeX have decided this maybe they will bring out dragon plates, kites, and full helms, make them pretty easy to get so the economy isn't boosted a load, and give meleers a bit more help

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

This is bad news for like 60% of people who use melee, i mean with the new bolts range can now kill meleers and mage has always been able to and now prayers for them meaning they will be able to hit even higher! seems kind of unfair to be honest...pking for meleers may be over for while...

but then again now that JaGeX have decided this maybe they will bring out dragon plates, kites, and full helms, make them pretty easy to get so the economy isn't boosted a load, and give meleers a bit more help

dont get to overconvident , the chance tat jagex will bring out dragons pl8's, kites and full helms , is REALLY small , dont u think urself?

Oh, here's the levels.

1 - Thick Skin Increases your defense by 5%.

4 - Burst of Strength Increases your strength by 5%

7 - Clarity of Thought Increases your attack by 5%

10 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Increase Ranged attack by 5%

13 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Increase Magic attack by 5%

16 - Rock Skin Increases your defense by 10%

19 - Superhuman Strength Increases your strength by 10%

22 - Improved Reflexes Increases your attack by 10%

25 - Increase Ranged attack by 10%

28 - Increase Magic attack by 10%

31 - Rapid Restore 2x restore rate for all stats except hit points and prayer.

34 - Rapid Heal 2 xs restore rate for hit points

37 - Protect Items Keep 1 extra item if you die

40 - Steel Skin Increases your defense by 15%

43 - Ultimate Strength Increases your strength by 15%

46 - Incredible Reflexes Increases your attack by 15%

49 - Increase Ranged attack by 15%

52 - Increase Magic attack by 15%

55 - Protect from Magic Protection from magical attacks

58 - Protect from Missiles Protection from ranged attacks

61 - Protect from Melee Protection from close attacks

64 - Retribution It deals damage to targets nearby when you die.

67 - Redemption Heals you if your health falls under 10% of your maximum health.

70 - Smite 25% of the damage dealt, is drained from your opponent's prayer.

I seriously hope that is correct. But I reckon smite would get a massive power-up...

lol it definitly wont be like that....61 prayer for protect from melee.....yeah right...all that will happen is every current prayer will stay the same and they will only add 4 new range and mage prayers which slot in the gaps that there are at the moment. if you think about it it would be a bad move by JaGeX to make prayer higher because more and more people would be buying bones to get prayer up and so the economy would be even more ridiculous so.....

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....