Adopt-a-noob

pk_kjv

I'v been thinking about this. Maybe us tip.it members could have an adopt-a-noob day. Everyone could smith a set of full bronze or iron. Then we could go to lumbridge and, not only give the set of armor to a noob, but adopt that noob for a day. Show him (or her) the world of runescape. Some good money making tips, some places for them to train. Just be nice to them.

Don't know if it would work, just a thought.

post your comments.

pk_kjv.pnga1e175.png

sounds ok when you think about it, but i think that they would have no clue what you were talking about, maybe if you found a lvl 15-30 or something-but i dont think they would believe you'd go round with them all day helping them :-s tricky one.

maybe you could tae it up with an Order of the Cabbage member somehow

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

"And now, we'll be heading towards the friendly Lesser Demons (:twisted:). Oh, trust me. They're really friendly towards lower levels like you. And then after we visit the Lesser Demons, we'll start working on the Dragon Slayer quest..."

Yeah, yeah, ok. Whatever. -.-

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

The problem afterwards would be getting them off your back.

You're right. "Can I have 10k plz" :shock: :wall:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I rarely do this anymore, because:

1: People can't spell even if paid.

2: You can't tell if who you're helping really is a new player.

3: They will become lazy and expect everything handed to them in a silver plate.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

There is too much to show them, you know that phrase "sunday driver" it means a christian who is only good on sundays. Just be nice to newbs all the time and a newb day won't be necessary. Although I'm thinkin about smithin a couple sets of iron just to hand out on christmas. Maybe that would be a bit easier and more subtle.

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

i recently found a lvl 70+ that i gave about a mil of items / gold to. And have continued to give him a few drops i get every now and then, from pks, clues, etc. He is very nice, and is not stupid like most people ive helped. he also is very thankful for the items, and most times isnt really willing to accept them because he doesnt wana be a burden, or ive given him too much already. People like this are the people we should help. Lvl 70's that are lvling, not bothering people, just trying to get ahead in the game, this little bit of help makes people way nicer.

could work for 50-60's but when i gave out 2m on f2p, all i did was get flooded for MORE MORE MORE... even higher lvls that i gave liek 100k to, would complain about not having enough for the item they want, and ask me for more :(

i recently found a lvl 70+ that i gave about a mil of items / gold to. And have continued to give him a few drops i get every now and then, from pks, clues, etc. He is very nice, and is not stupid like most people ive helped. he also is very thankful for the items, and most times isnt really willing to accept them because he doesnt wana be a burden, or ive given him too much already. People like this are the people we should help. Lvl 70's that are lvling, not bothering people, just trying to get ahead in the game, this little bit of help makes people way nicer.

I met a guy like that once. He became my best friend after wards. We probably given eachother a few mills. He even gave me santa after I lost mine just because he had 2 of them and "Didnt know what to do with the other one"

I also adopted a newbie once from these forums, was giving advice to her and met her ingame. Known her for several months, and if i want to give stuff to her she allways rejects saying she doesn't need it if she can't get it herself.

I go helping her every way i can and a "thank you" from her saves the day, then i know i have helped someone for real. :)

the idea is good, too bad newbies are in extinction nowadays, who in their right mind would adobt a noob?

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

The problem afterwards would be getting them off your back.

You're right. "Can I have 10k plz" :shock: :wall:

Ignore button! :lol:

"So that was great wasn't it. I just showed you the entire runescape world and helped you level up in skills and it was great! Now I'm going to ignore you! Yay!"

:D

What stopped me from doing this is people taking advantage of it...

I'd really like to help new players, but the ones that are actually new to the game are hard to come by. It's a shame there are so many people that like to take advantage of generous people.

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

~Today, we watch Runescape's grass grow. Tomorrow, we watch it's pots boil!

I will give free iron and spare chage to the newbies, but now scmamers, looters, pures, autoers, and beggars roam f2p. Its really sad for the REAL newbies.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

could work for 50-60's but when i gave out 2m on f2p, all i did was get flooded for MORE MORE MORE... even higher lvls that i gave liek 100k to, would complain about not having enough for the item they want, and ask me for more :(

Wow, runescape would be so much better if there were more people like you. Seriously.

Only problem is there are too many greedy people that keep asking for more, and even insult you if you dont give it to them.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

You can't tell them how to play, that's what the first island is for. And anyone who is decent enough for you to be nice to usually isn't a n00b and can fend for themselves. The best option I see is answer any question you can and give any advice possible.

Oh and be polite :evil:

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

Throwing and items at noobs is not a solution.

How about taking time and helping them with a

quest? I personally have already helped three

lower level players with the knight swort quest.

Now two of them are my loyal coal miners

and we continue to have a good relationship.

Spaneard.png

3.png

While training my smithing, I decided to give away sets of iron/steel in Lumby. I did meet a few nice newbs, but mostly noobs who wanted loads of free stuff (I didn't have loads of anything, just free help if req'd).

The best friends online I have made, has been through helping with quests, and direction giving. I found that it is by pure chance that these opportunities arise, and that it takes only a few minutes to sort out a newb from a noob :)

My brother and my friend gave away free sets of iron to noobs in F2P. But it's not worth it, they gave one of the noobs a set, and he didn't even say thank you, he said 'free 1k' , so they gave them 1k, and they say 'free 1k'.

And then half the others didn't even say thank you.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.