07 August 2006 Update: Gnome Cuisine

Taito2004

Gnome Cuisine is well known all over RuneScape for its unusual ingredients and unique flavours. Toad BattasÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ and Worm CrunchiesÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ are two of the more popular dishes that most humans turn their noses up at, but for travel-worn gnomes a long way from the Grand Tree, gnomish foods are a sweet taste of home. For too long has the art of gnomish cooking been neglected!

Visitors to the Gnome Stronghold will find a refurbished restaurant area, with new improved recipes (including improved XP and a more streamlined cooking process) for all the gnome foods and cocktails.

Aluft Gianne's entrepreneurial son Aluft jnr. has also set up a new Gnome food delivery business right next to his dad's restaurant. Once trained you will be asked to make and deliver gnome foods to gnomes all over the world. But don't take too long, time is of the essence! After a more challenging delivery, you may find your customers are so pleased that they will give you an extra special tip - maybe some new gnomish explorer's equipment, or standard issue gnome pilot's clothing.

Particularly hard-working cooks and delivery adventurers will also find they are able to call on the delivery service themselves, for even the hardiest of warriors needs a good old helping of gnome cooking from time to time.

(Some lower lvl cooks will find many of the requirements for cooking gnomic cuisine have been raised to support the new amounts of experience points gained.)

There's no place like gnome.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewards From Minigame

Aside from the Cooking experience you receive for mixing drinks and cooking food, you can also get other useful and unique items (as well as cash) from deliveries. For the experience you will receive from cooking gnomish recipes, check the Gnome cooking page.

The reward token

As you will have gathered, the gnomes only deliver to gnomes, so you should be honoured really, that when you get 12 credits, you are presented with the reward token. You can only have 1 token at any one time, and it only has 1 use, so make sure you use it when you really want to.

Right-clicking shows the options that you have. Clicking the 'check' option, shows how many items you can have delivered if you 'activate' it. This number will go up by 1 for every 12 credits you recieve by completing orders. You can have a maximum of 10 items.

When you activate the token, the gnomes will pinpoint your location with RuneScape, and then after a short wait, the food/drinks will arrive... terrorchick style!

When the gnome has made his big announcement of your order, he will pass you the amount of items you are permitted (found again by 'checking' the token). These items will be randomly selected from the gnome food and drink menu, but effectively means you could be carrying 10 food items in 1 inventory slot.

(please remember that the food when its delivered will require 10 free slots)

Hard delivery item tips

Aside from getting items such as gnomeballs, gems, herbs or even half keys, there are a few unique items that you may randomly receive as a tip for completing a hard order.

Gnomish mint cake

mint_cake.gif

Gnomes are known for agility, shortcuts and speeding up travel, maybe they are so fast because they eat mint cakes, that restores 50% of your run energy.

Gnome goggles pilot_goggles.gif

Did you ever want to be a gnome pilot? Now is your chance with these spiffing goggles!

Gnome scarf

gnome_scarf.gif

Even gnomes have to keep warm, some make their way to the top of mountains after all, so as a random reward, you may receive this uniquely styled scarf.

The Grand seed pod

seed_pod.gif

Again, as a random reward, you may receive a Grand seed pod, a seed pod from the Grand Tree itself.

The Grand Tree is a tree like no other, it has magical properties of some sorts, and so do the pods from which it grew.

If you receive this item, aside from the fact they are stackable, they also have a few uses, found on the right-click menu.

If you 'squash' the pod, you will soon notice that the roots of the Grand Tree appear, and pull you back to the main room of the grand tree, where the King resides. For squashing a pod so precious, you will temporarily lose 5 Farming levels. If you continue to squash pods, this effect will continue.

teleport.gif

pod_menu.jpg

flower_pilot.gif

If you 'launch the pod, it sends a signal (outdoor use only) into the sky, from which a gnome pilot can see you. He will appear after a short amount of time, and take you immediately to the glider at the top of the Grand Tree. Doing this will also give 100 Farming xp

Both of these functions will not work past level 30 Wilderness.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Sounds like a fun minigame. With things like half keys as a possible rewards too. I'll have a go of that when the rush is over.

siggy2mkiidf1.png

Isn't it annoying when people ask you to put things in your signature? If you agree with me, put this in your signature.

tbh this si the lamest of all the updates they stated i am willing to bet 1m that this mini game will be a flop

Yeah, the only minigames that I think are worth the time is Castlewars, Mage Training Arena (for easy exp) and Pest Controll - again for easy exp. All others seem to not be worth the time.

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

So is this mini game any effective at all? I'm not talking about the "fun" but does it give xp fast?

Might be nice to have 10 things of food in 1 inventory slot.. but if it takes ages to get a token then it's not very interesting.

Opinions?

Rewards From Minigame

The Grand seed pod

Again, as a random reward, you may receive a Grand seed pod, a seed pod from the Grand Tree itself.

The Grand Tree is a tree like no other, it has magical properties of some sorts, and so do the pods from which it grew.

If you receive this item, aside from the fact they are stackable, they also have a few uses, found on the right-click menu.

If you 'launch the pod, it sends a signal (outdoor use only) into the sky, from which a gnome pilot can see you. He will appear after a short amount of time, and take you immediately to the glider at the top of the Grand Tree. Doing this will also give 100 Farming xp

Both of these functions will not work past level 30 Wilderness.

Does that mean a new way to train farming? If theyre tradable, they could be used for faster farming leveling? Maybe anyways...

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

just a quick question anyone knows where the gnome is that tries to get an audience from the king of varrock?

edit: nvm found him he is upstair and gave me a nest with an apple tree seed :-k and my 1st point

ok where is they gnome in the ape toll?

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

there is a bug with toad crunchies, it is supposed to be drunk dragon when the aluft junior tells you its toad crunchies...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

anyone knows where the one in the ape toll is?

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

anyone knows where the one in the ape toll is?

To the east of the palace where the king monkey is.

there is a bug with toad crunchies, it is supposed to be drunk dragon when the aluft junior tells you its toad crunchies...

Yeah, check the box instead of listening to what the guy says, I had the same thing happen but the guy wanted a Chocolate Saturday.

cwscore2.jpg