Any up for a History project? 10th grade history project.

bobdjojo

Well Its AP World history here are soem of the question im having trouble with.

Ancient Greece

Why might have Sparta have decided to spare Athens After Athens was defeated.

Early civilization

Between which lines of latitued did early civilization develope? why?

Ferile Crescent?

How did the city states protect themselves from floods and invaders?

Assyrian and Persian Empire

What factors allowed the Persian Empire to extend farther than earlier Middle Eastern Civilization.

ty for reading all response is extremly appreciated no i am not trying to et outta dong my home work. There are maps i have to draw graphs i have to make and alot more questions to answer

-no longer playing runescape, I have moved on to play world of warcraft. But I love the community of the forums so I plan to stay here.

Ancient Greece: Probably because the Spartans knew Athens would be key in the defense of the Attic territories in case of another Persian invasion.

That's all I can come up with on the fly. The Early civilization and Assyrian and Persian Empire questions are a bit too complicated to answer in one line, and I've never even heard of the Ferile Crescent. The combination of floods and invaders in the question makes me think it has something to do with building their settlements on elevated areas.

The problem is, these questions probably relate well to specific readings you were assigned for your class. i don't think I'd be able to help you much without reading it :) Maybe you could ask someone in your class to discuss some questions with you, and work on it together!

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Stuff like that you can usually find right out of a book. History is too easy to ask questions about, it's all right there. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Oooo I like history :D

Early civilization

Between the 40 and 50 lines. Mesopopamiea (sp I know). The early settlers went there because of two rivers. The rivers provided water for farming. The farming made permanite housing, before they had to go from place to place looking for food. The rivers were slighly higher elevation than the land in between so the Mesopopamians (sp again!) made irragation systems to water their farms. As the population grew, people built centers of trade and talk. Eventully becoming cities and markets.

Ferile Crescent?

I think they used the rivers to protect from enemy attacks. They used irgation systems to drive away floods I believe. Not too sure about this, look in your histroy book though.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

hmm.....

it seems that if you are having trouble you may not be ready for AP. i am 10th grade and not taking AP. idk i hate history, read book use internet.

HAVW FUN :lol:

StarViv.png

I know some people are probably going to flame me to hell for saying this...but.... wikipedia is more useful than people give it credit for...use it

Anyway, those questions seem to imply that you need to develop some sort of understanding of the time periods. You'd also be surprised how helpful google can be...

I wish I could help you more, but history's not my thing.

Oh, and btw, the AP test is pretty difficult at your age. I think that I got a 3 (out of 5) on the AP us history test, and I'm a pretty smart guy. Then again I didn't study....heh.... I sort of regret not studying to get a 4 and earn some college credit back then.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

hmm.....

it seems that if you are having trouble you may not be ready for AP. i am 10th grade and not taking AP. idk i hate history, read book use internet.

HAVW FUN :lol:

Heh, I'm a sophomore too, and I'm just taking world history (AP is a little over my head).. I'm just hoping it's nearly as easy as US history was..

I know some people are probably going to flame me to hell for saying this...but.... wikipedia is more useful than people give it credit for...use it

Wikipedia is one of those most useful sites on the internet today. Probably 97% of the content is factual and well organized. I use it alot, but do also use other sources to cross-reference of course. :wink:

Slayer500 / 23M+ Prayer XP / 126 Combat in Spring '06

Oooo I like history :D

Early civilization

Between the 40 and 50 lines. Mesopopamiea (sp I know). The early settlers went there because of two rivers. The rivers provided water for farming. The farming made permanite housing, before they had to go from place to place looking for food. The rivers were slighly higher elevation than the land in between so the Mesopopamians (sp again!) made irragation systems to water their farms. As the population grew, people built centers of trade and talk. Eventully becoming cities and markets.

Ferile Crescent?

I think they used the rivers to protect from enemy attacks. They used irgation systems to drive away floods I believe. Not too sure about this, look in your histroy book though.

Mesopotamia

Mesopotamians :)

Ancient Greece

Theres no point in destroying what might be usefull afterwards..

1) for defending purposes, like stated here before.

2) the fact athens sort of had a huge debt to sparta like that. (financial, other favors, .. ?)

Ferile Crescent?

Strategic placement, building up in heights, city walls, ..

Vmser.png

What factors allowed the Persian Empire to extend farther than earlier Middle Eastern Civilization.

The major point to consider is that the Persians, while orignally a tiny nation, had the benefit of a string of incredible leaders: Cyrus, Cambyses, Darius and then Xerxes.

Cyrus defeated Astyages of Media in 550, and then Croesus of Lydia (who had been deliberating about crushing the Persians for some time, having consulted oracles throughout Greece as well as Ammon in Libya about the matter) in 546. He then defeats Nabonidus in 539 and takes Babylon.

Cambyses succeeds Cyrus in 530, and goes off and takes Egypt in 525. Meanwhile, revolts spring up in the Persian territories while he's away, so Darius deals with them, and then arranges matters so that Cambyses does not hold the throne for very long.

Darius, once king, conquers Thrace in 512.

A factor to bear in mind when considering how Persia managed to hold on to its territories is that the Persians never eradicated local cultures. Rather, they would install their Satraps, collect taxes from the conquered peoples, and then more or less leave them to their own devices. This doesn't work too well on the Greeks, as the Ionian revolt in 499 shows.

This is all off the top of my head, which means the vast majority of this comes from Herodotus.

Ancient Greece

Theres no point in destroying what might be usefull afterwards..

1) for defending purposes, like stated here before.

2) the fact athens sort of had a huge debt to sparta like that. (financial, other favors, .. ?)

I really doubt answer 2 would fit here. I'm not too much of an expert on the laws of that time, but I'm fairly sure that if Athens was burned to the ground, Sparta could've said 'screw that debt'.

Anyway, a good source for answers on these questions would be The Histories, by Herodotes. Although the explanations he gives for historical events are still mystical from time to time, he looks at every issue from more than one side and uses a lot of eye witness accounts. He is the first real historian.

only reason i took AP classes was so i didnt have to take them in college , all they did was make you think

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Well Its AP World history here are soem of the question im having trouble with.

Ancient Greece

because they were nice and sparta made good hotdogs

Early civilization

the big one and the other big one because early men knew only big...ahem...

Ferile Crescent?

they put up big walls and threw dogs into the water to try and soak it up and sometimes they threw donkeys for extra measure

they had a wooden horse in which they used to sneak into a building and then attacked and stuff....they also had bigger weapons than everywhere else and guns...

ty for reading all response is extremly appreciated no i am not trying to et outta dong my home work. There are maps i have to draw graphs i have to make and alot more questions to answer

i have no idea in case you can't tell i do history but none of this how old are you?

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....