More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

You have to think of this from JaGex's viewpoint. Would you spend money improving a free version of a game in which you already give millions of people a whole world to play and interact in for free if it meant you would lose more money because of improving the game due to less people deciding to pay for it?

It's just not an economic decision and although the people above me have said it in a bad way, if you want more, pay for it. There is always a way to pay and if you don't want to, be grateful for what you get.

Although you aren't beggars, you are getting a good/service from JaGex for free and as the old saying goes:

"Beggars can't be choosers".

FINALLY!!!! some1 else says to pay as well, at least im not alone in this.

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm ok how is the grammar on my messages wrong dude, firstly read b4 u say something stupid, and secondly, did ur english teacher evr tell u about reading something first?? its the internet u moron, u dont need to spell evrything perfectly. and plus, if u dont like runescape change to some other game like world of warcraft, or some junk like that, or as i said 2 times b4, dig in ur pockets and PAY $5 DOLLARS FOR MEMBERSHIP

Your grammar is really bad. Seriously.

Secondly; at least have a well thought argument before trying to argue against something. The "pay $5" argument doesn't hold any water. This topic is about f2p bank space, not about members.

Okay, if you want me to talk like an "adult" about it? OK fine. The $5 arguement is a simple solution, water the garden, pick some weeds, mow the lawn, if you actually want something, go out and do it, and if u get $5 from that........ then WAHLAHH!!, membership and tons of more bank space. So instead of sitting on the computer wasting your time waiting for something to happen, ACTUALLY do something that is realistic, (like chores), and within reach of completing. Then when you have $5 give it to your mom/dad and ask them for the credit card to use $5 from there. I work each month to pay for membership. And trust me, it's worth it guys. So if you want something, all it takes is some extra work. Now, if you can't see why I've been stressing the "Pay $5" thing for the past few messages, I hope you see why now. Because if you want something all it takes is a little work.

Thank you for your time, Srgnt Suited

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

I support.

Here's something to look at.

Let's say, all of the members were gone. Members make up about 1/12 of Runescape. about ten million players would be left. The game would still keep its reputation and not be thought as a hack site.

Now, let's say all the free players quit. Free players make up 11/12 of the players. If all of them quit, only 1,000,000 players would be left. Runescape's reputation would be hit hard and people would not trust it and buy membership.

I support.

Here's something to look at.

Let's say, all of the members were gone. Members make up about 1/12 of Runescape. about ten million players would be left. The game would still keep its reputation and not be thought as a hack site.

Now, let's say all the free players quit. Free players make up 11/12 of the players. If all of them quit, only 1,000,000 players would be left. Runescape's reputation would be hit hard and people would not trust it and buy membership.

But if the free players would be gone Jagex would still be making as much as normal, since the only place he gets his money from is members........ And saying everyone would quit just like that is saying that you'll get struck by lightning when no clouds are out, it's nearly impossible.

1. It's actually $7.95US a month

And in case anyone was too lazy to read or just doesn't understand English it says FROM $5 a month that doesn't mean it is. That's just they're lowest price and then you have to subscribe for like two years.

2. Many parents don't believe in "pay their kids to do chores" We do them just because we are supposed to.

3. If anyone says well then get the money some other way I want ot say this first. Maybe we do have the money maybe we just don't have 8 hours a day to play runescape to get the full benefit of the $7.95 we would pay per month. Also maybe we are saving for more important things. School, university, and rent if you live on your own.

Many people only play about 3-5 hours a week and don't want to pay the full $7.95 just for the bank space that we want.

4. Lastly I just want to say why can't we have the bankspace? Would it affect any of the members? No. Would it really be that hard of Jagex? No. Why do so many people keep on arguing against us having the bankspace? Because they don't want us to have anything.

So give me 3 good reasons why we shouldn't have a bit more bankspace, and not just well you don't pay. We get holiday items don't we? They probably take up more memory from Jagex than a few more bankslots will. So why can't we have more bankspace to?

Now if you are going to swear, rant, accuse, make fun of, or abuse my post with pathetic reasons and comments. PM them to me instead. I don't want you to make an [wagon] out of yourself from your imaturity.

1. It's actually $7.95US a month

And in case anyone was too lazy to read or just doesn't understand English it says FROM $5 a month that doesn't mean it is. That's just they're lowest price and then you have to subscribe for like two years.

2. Many parents don't believe in "pay their kids to do chores" We do them just because we are supposed to.

3. If anyone says well then get the money some other way I want ot say this first. Maybe we do have the money maybe we just don't have 8 hours a day to play runescape to get the full benefit of the $7.95 we would pay per month. Also maybe we are saving for more important things. School, university, and rent if you live on your own.

Many people only play about 3-5 hours a week and don't want to pay the full $7.95 just for the bank space that we want.

4. Lastly I just want to say why can't we have the bankspace? Would it affect any of the members? No. Would it really be that hard of Jagex? No. Why do so many people keep on arguing against us having the bankspace? Because they don't want us to have anything.

So give me 3 good reasons why we shouldn't have a bit more bankspace, and not just well you don't pay. We get holiday items don't we? They probably take up more memory from Jagex than a few more bankslots will. So why can't we have more bankspace to?

OK i never caught the From $5 thing before so thanks for telling me that.

But here are some reasons

1. Jagex gives you a full game with asking nothing in return

2. I think some1 else said that it'd cost him more money for people who don't pay back to it for playing runescape

3. $8 is hardly anything for people having to rent houses. If you want to save up $8 then dont buy beer to get drunk at night. Its ur choice, drunkenness or more bank space

4. And most parents do reward kids, its called allowance[b/], whether it be $10 a month or higher.

There you go, 4 reasons instead of 3, if one is stupid, then i still got 3.

2. I think some1 else said that it'd cost him more money for people who don't pay back to it for playing runescape

3. $8 is hardly anything for people having to rent houses. If you want to save up $8 then dont buy beer to get drunk at night. Its ur choice, drunkenness or more bank space

4. And most parents do reward kids, its called allowance[b/], whether it be $10 a month or higher.

1. The main point of F2P is to introduce players to RuneScape, and to make them want to get members. So F2Pers and potential members, potential money for Jagex. If F2Pers don't have enough bank space, some may quit. That's potential money lost for Jagex. Not good. And it won't be much of a game if it isn't enjoyed, due to the fact that F2Pers may not be able to play properly due to a lack of bank space.

2. What the HECK does THAT mean? Um...Yeah...You use proper grammar/spelling?

3 and 4. :wall:

a. Maybe they're barely able to pay for everything. Internet, rent, food, gas, etc. Or they don't want to spend money on a game, but rather something else.

b. Great way to act like buying beer is the only thing money can go to, other than Runescape.

c. Uh...No. Especially if the kid is older than 13, which nearly all Runescapers are.

d. Get a job? What if they can't?

There you go. If all 4 are wrong, then you have none. Heck, I'll even drop you to negative two, maybe even three..

1. You never answered a good few parts of Gandorf's post. For example, the bit about how some people only play a few hours a week, and the $8 isn't worth it to them. Or his number 4. (Lastly...) Or the part about how holiday items and all the updates F2P has gotten in the past year probably take up more space than bank space. (Okay, I added the part about all the updates. But that strengthens the point)

2. "since the only place he gets his money from is members"

He = WRONG. Jagex = They.

And the statement is wrong, even if you said they and their. Ever heard of ads? Guess not, since it's pretty clear you didn't read the first post.

3. "Now if you are going to swear, rant, accuse, make fun of, or abuse my post with pathetic reasons and comments. PM them to me instead. I don't want you to make an [wagon] out of yourself from your imaturity."

Great way to read the post you were replying to.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

1. The main point of F2P is to introduce players to RuneScape, and to make them want to get members. So F2Pers and potential members, potential money for Jagex. If F2Pers don't have enough bank space, some may quit. That's potential money lost for Jagex. Not good. And it won't be much of a game if it isn't enjoyed, due to the fact that F2Pers may not be able to play properly due to a lack of bank space.

a. Maybe they're barely able to pay for everything. Internet, rent, food, gas, etc. Or they don't want to spend money on a game, but rather something else.

b. Great way to act like buying beer is the only thing money can go to, other than Runescape.

c. Uh...No. Especially if the kid is older than 13, which nearly all Runescapers are.

There you go. If all 4 are wrong, then you have none. Heck, I'll even drop you to negative two, maybe even three..

1. You never answered a good few parts of Gandorf's post. For example, the bit about how some people only play a few hours a week, and the $8 isn't worth it to them. Or his number 4. (Lastly...) Or the part about how holiday items and all the updates F2P has gotten in the past year probably take up more space than bank space. (Okay, I added the part about all the updates. But that strengthens the point)

And the statement is wrong, even if you said they and their. Ever heard of ads? Guess not, since it's pretty clear you didn't read the first post.

3. "Now if you are going to swear, rant, accuse, make fun of, or abuse my post with pathetic reasons and comments. PM them to me instead. I don't want you to make an [wagon] out of yourself from your imaturity."

Ok ill quit with this post but I was trying to save you guys your time from trying to get something that won't happen. If you can't figure THAT out then well, tough luck, it's wasted time for u guys. And if you can't get a job that's kinda pathetic, even Mcdonalds would hire anyone. And most idiots buy large amounts of beer dude, just to act like as you said "[wagon]". And if they don't go on the internet often, then what is the point of worrying over 12 bank spaces? Instead of having all kinds of arrows and ores, just use the main ones that you like to use. And i don't need to swear to get my point across.

Ok ill quit with this post but I was trying to save you guys your time from trying to get something that won't happen. If you can't figure THAT out then well, tough luck, it's wasted time for u guys. And if you can't get a job that's kinda pathetic, even Mcdonalds would hire anyone. And most idiots buy large amounts of beer dude, just to act like as you said "[wagon]". And if they don't go on the internet often, then what is the point of worrying over 12 bank spaces? Instead of having all kinds of arrows and ores, just use the main ones that you like to use. And i don't need to swear to get my point across.

What makes you think we'll stop now? We've had this going for nearly a year, about 130 pages. We haven't showed any sign of stopping, and I doubt we ever will, until it happens. (And we've had quite a lot of people like you. Some actually had sensible arguments)

And great. If we're wasting our time, why should you care?

Also, ever heard of a minimum age for working? <.< The minimum age where I live is 15 or 16. There are many RuneScape players younger than that. :wall: (Are all people under 15/16 pathetic?)

And tell me, what does beer have to do with anything? It seems like you're calling us idiots. :-s And where did I say "[wagon]"?

And oh...Maybe they like to play games and have fun while playing games? Which might require being able to store items?

Anyways, thank you for proving, once again, that you didn't read the first post. -.-

Finally, okay then. Did I ever say you did?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Hmm before mithril and adamant arrows came out I believe we had 12 less bank spaces. I found it easy to manage my bank even before we got that extra bit of space.

I then go to presume that we will get new items when we get 12 more bank spaces. If anything I bet 100,000gp we get Splibark for mage along with those extra spaces. I will eat my words too if it does not happen.

Count me in as a supporter even though I have stated it will happen when we get a new set of items that already exist for ptp.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Hmm before mithril and adamant arrows came out I believe we had 12 less bank spaces. I found it easy to manage my bank even before we got that extra bit of space.

I then go to presume that we will get new items when we get 12 more bank spaces. If anything I bet 100,000gp we get Splibark for mage along with those extra spaces. I will eat my words too if it does not happen.

Count me in as a supporter even though I have stated it will happen when we get a new set of items that already exist for ptp.

Glad to have you on-board. :)

BTW, are you sure that 48 bank spaces was not a pre-RS2 number? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Yes, I am entirely sure we had 12 less bank spaces before the Mithril and adamant arrows came out for ftp. It happened a little bit before them actually and is not mentioned in any of the offical updates. My assumption then is that the saying of this was edited out of the original update as I cannot find it now but I remember reading it back then.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

So F2P have been given bank space before? A few years ago?

I'd actually rather have something that can hold all our random event items instead of more bank space. As Prankster_King says on the front page "Random Event items take up 19 spaces." Give us somewhere else to keep them and we wouldn't need anymore banks pace. For me it would free up about 10 slots, giving me plenty more room to store extra stuff.

I'd actually rather have something that can hold all our random event items instead of more bank space. As Prankster_King says on the front page "Random Event items take up 19 spaces." Give us somewhere else to keep them and we wouldn't need anymore banks pace. For me it would free up about 10 slots, giving me plenty more room to store extra stuff.

i think that would work out well, as i have 12 bank spaces occupied by random event clothes. :?

100% f2p 8-)

rampage30.png

MSSW3sig.png

i think that would work out well, as i have 12 bank spaces occupied by random event clothes. :?

I'm sitting on 16 spaces myself (Including equip slots!) that I would like to have back and will occur by one of three ways at this point...

1.) Mime shows up twice more and completes my emotes.

(I'll have no choice but to dump my random clothes if that happens. I really need the space back badly.)

2.) F2P gets the ability to save random event clothes elsewhere.

(Immediate put-away of clothes at that location if that happens. I'll be able to switch back into 'combat-capable mode' near immediately.)

3.) F2P gets the bank space.

(This would afford me far better future options for both skilling and combat, as well as ability to select about one or two sets full of random clothes to keep but no more than that. I wouldn't mind dumping zombie :-X either, seeing as I have near all of the random event clothing. It looks awful as it stands.)

Well, I guess I will see what happens then. Honestly, I hope situations #2 and #3 both happen at the same shot. It would nullify (yes, personal name joke) my worries for years to come.

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

^ Well I don't like dumping my Random event stuff, even if I don't like the set. the reason being is because it shows that we have been playing for several years, giving us a sense of status from being with Runescape far longer than others.

^ Well I don't like dumping my Random event stuff, even if I don't like the set. the reason being is because it shows that we have been playing for several years, giving us a sense of status from being with Runescape far longer than others.
Unfortunately, that isn't completely true anymore... I have gotten around 6 Drill Demons, 7 Freaky Foresters, 11 Mimes and 4 Gravediggers in the past month... However, I still enjoy the clothings :)

I have gotten around 6 Drill Demons, 7 Freaky Foresters, 11 Mimes and 4 Gravediggers in the past month... However, I still enjoy the clothings :)

<*Loses his mind and rattles unkn0wnwarrior's neck due to frustration at the mime...*>

I wish I had your luck with that [bleep]-ing mime!!! :x

~Mr. Devnull

Okay, I still support this idea even though I've been p2p for about a month now, and for a good reason too. Since I got p2p I have quadrupled the amount of items in my bank, many of which are available to f2p as well as p2p. Yes, I know that some of them aren't really that useful if you are a free player, but it is still a large amount.

So, I'm now supporting this even more than I did previously, even if it's only available to the higher level free players (such as the ones with 900+ total or similar.) ::'

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I have gotten around 6 Drill Demons, 7 Freaky Foresters, 11 Mimes and 4 Gravediggers in the past month... However, I still enjoy the clothings :)

<*Loses his mind and rattles unkn0wnwarrior's neck due to frustration at the mime...*>

~Mr. Devnull

Hehe, Stronghold of Security is a great place for them :)

~Mr. Devnull

Stronghold+cutting a gem yup.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Plenty well in the "Off-topic category" at this point...

~Mr. Devnull

Stronghold+cutting a gem yup.

Guys, I got one problem on that kind of thing. Due to all the random event clothes currently in my stuff, I can't even buy good melee battle armor or carry enough food to go down there for long enough to cause the mime event.

(Looks like I'm [bleep]ed... :( ...)

~Mr. Devnull

Yeah i'd like more f2p bank space and so would every other player but spamming the message box wont rlly do much unless there is like a jagex staff member there.

98% of the Tip.it Community has a signature. If you are one of the 2% that doesn't, put this in your... aww crap.....

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

For quite some time I have thought to myself...just the last four on the bottom row would be enough sometimes, but I agree 12 is better still. Now I've found this thread and I see that there has been coordinated effort on this! =D> So, here's hoping the rallys come back on soon! :pray:

Sign me up please!

Jaxomancer.png

My best skill level, and the one I have highest hopes for.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

The bank space may have been won, but the battle is not over yet...

reportsigvj6.png

Seriously, this really should be put into the game. It's that good an idea.

I hope that the rallies come back soon. :ohnoes:

Finally got the mime stuff complete (and all F2P random clothes, for that matter), and now I am stuck with the dilemma of my equip slots and about half of my pack all locked up with the random event clothing. <.<

Sure, I'm glad to have the emotes, but I would like to be able to store away the random clothes, not have to drop them! :x

Come on, more bank space! I'm getting too close to having to execute my "Outcome #1" situation, to which I will lose all my random event clothes. :|

~Mr. Devnull