What do you think Runescape wil be like in 5 years?

digitalstick

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure F2P will still be whining... :notalk:

There could be some big update like cars or some other transportation update or like guns maybe... :roll:

Who knows... cept Jagex..

Gatorboy428

if updates like that ever come up, i will quit right then and there. no doubt about it. what is the point of having a medievil based game with cars and guns?!?!?!

and about the "in 5 years" thing..... how should i know? lol

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

Jagex are a 20 million dollar company from what i heard and that was a few months back. So they must have enough money by the end of 5 years or even before to market the game in CD form face it guys if someone can make double the money their making now, why not? its gonna become a CD and go online through that CD and have so many people playing it you'll see world 1067 :D

Just my thoughts.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

There will be about 200 quests

And tonnes of useless new updates and the cost to be member will probably rise , and at least 30 players will have MAXED stats.

I will be in univerisity and will have forgotten about the crap.

RS name is o 0 o0 0 00

how much more could they really add without ruining the whole game. it won't be nearly as good unless the make hte max lvl higher cuz then everyone will have a max character

for_sooth.png

Barrows Drops - Guthans Helmat x2, Dharoks Chest x2, Ahrims Staff, Guthans WarSpear Ahrims Robetop x2, Ahrims Hood, Torag's Legs, Karils Skirt, Xbow - Med (Double) Brassard-Hammers (Double)

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt... (3 helms)

Dk - Dragon Axe x3, Warrior Ring x2

T.T - Top hat (4.3m) x2

GWD - [bandos] Hilt, Plate X2

Omg it brings a tear to my eye.. to the thought of runescape just stopping :cry:

JAGEX:we have ran out of ideas, and we are getting to many complaints to keep this game running. Sorry

Yours sincerely jagex.

Then some multi million dollar runescape fan.. will buy jagex.. and it will keep on going

bllllonz.png

I would like to see

- an option to play in the first person.

- More bank space

- Gnome airways covering a bigger area.

- Player shops to stop folks standing in the banks hollaring "sale" endlessly.... well it probably won't stop it but.....

I think there will be new guilds

- A herblore guild

- Construction Guild

- Farming Guild

- About 500 quests.

- People still begging for free stuff lol

Celticqueen.png

Rs in 5 years?

I hope to see the people who shout "noob" at you for no apparent reason banned for life =D>

But seriously, maybe a market system. If you have played Everquest, you will know there is a designated area to sell items...you set the price then, then leave your computer on. Thinking that would be mucho cool.

Also, i'm sure we will see new weapons, armours, skills and they will have to raise the skill total? Maybe they will just keep it maxed at 99 but make the xp intense.....say 100 million for 99 stats =;

Thats my 2 cents

well here goes.... okay, in the year 2011, you will be a noob no matter what. not that much different from now. people will flock from miles away to call you a noob,only to be called a noob by someone else 4 minutes later. f2p will cost money. don't ask me how but it will. jagex will show us all their mighty and great solution to autoers. they will make it so that anyone who is suspected of autoing, will be able to mate with other autoers. this will produce more autoer children. who will go to auterschool to learn how to chop trees for the rest of their lives.... jagex will assume they did it right and say that they are awesome and autoers no longer exist. pking will be eliminated completely. all because of the whiny idiots who can't figure out that its okay to pk. and going to the wilderness unprepared is dangerous. jagex will have thrown in a new skill called umbrella crafting. such an amazing skill will become a great way to make money as you make cooler and cooler umbrellas!!!! \' the amount of people who seem to know what they are doing and are over 13 will have decreased to 100. mods will have supreme power to hit you with their ability to kill anyone instantly anywhere. that is what runescape will be like friends.and don't even get me started on my predictions for scaperune......

DinoSAUR!!! Flying through la-ZERS!!!! Pchu! Pchuu! (Try running around in wal mart or something screaming this)

Oh, wow. I can't even imagine RS 5 years from now... ok, here's my guess:

I think the yews will be SWARMING with level 3 autoers... (omg, that'd be the opposite of heaven...)

Aside from that, P2P will get so many cool, new things (tons of more quests, places to explore, $7 membership instead of $5... ok, that's not cool), whereas the poor F2P will probably get some new weapon called the "Skeleton Scimitar" that you can get after killing 100,000 Lesser Demons for some crazy whacko.

I also think tons of 7-8 year olds (not trying to offend any that are playing right now) will be behind all of those level 110+ pking clans...

Well, there's my guess.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I hope it survives for the next five years!

Either that or Runescape 3! lol...

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Due to people whining about rs2 graphics in 2007 the Jagex tried to create a new game that had many subscribers and the graphics were almost the same as they were in the beginning of runescape.The map was already 50 times bigger than rs2 had had.The gameplay was 10x better.Everything was bigger and better than rs2 had.We are also showing you picture about rs3. :thumbsup:

thisjx7.png

As you can see all the runes and magics have been lost due to lackness of power.The ranging will only occur through rifles and pistols.The armor and weapons now have durabilty so the smithing has great importance in game.

:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :3>

attack_npc.png

I rekon it will be much the same, with the occasional new lame skill (see farming/construction) the graphics will probably be better, but inevitably unimpressive.

my pessimism tells me that you will only be able to play for 7 seconds at a time before you're interrupted by a ridiculous and contrived 'random' event like an old man who needs you to scratch his butt or a zombie goat who asks you to sort a jar of change for him (they give you a broken arrow if you do and teleport you to Milton Keynes if you don't).

It would be nice to see a huge engine upgrade, allowing players with good enough rigs to download a client that makes the game look a bit less fugly, but I doubt that will ever happen.

andopolis.png

will be to commercialized and have surveys for like 5k or things you have to sign up for to get the new item or 100k. F2p world will get bigger along with a few new skills members dont care if its not privatly theirs and maybe a bit more bank space. But P2p will have way more things and room.

deathnotesignature.png

I don't think RS will die for a long time.

The updates for the next 5 years could be better Graphics, Better Bank,

More Items, A new Weapon/Armour Class, Bigger F2P and P2P world's and maybe teleports to Freneskae (The Original Land of the Majahratt)

sodbbannercn2.png