the wonderful world of...anime

Nenga

[hide] Yeah, the show kept you guessing to the end. I love the part with Raye Penbar and his fiancee, especially how they died.

And, Matsuda was way better than any of them... Followed closely by Melo and L.[/hide]

[hide]Oh geez, episode 5? My heart was pounding for the whole entire second half of that, when Light was tailing Ray's fiancee. I felt like I was in Light's shoes, freaking out [err, eerily calmly] about finding a way to get her name in the next five minutes. My heart was literally about to burst out of my ribcage, it was pounding so hard. Great episode.

On a side note... I can see how the dubbing will work, but Light's voice... it just doesn't have the insanity hidden under the calmness. Maybe it's easier to do that in Japanese, but Light's first voice seemed much more... insane, suiting the character much better.[/hide]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omigosh! Why are you guys hating gundam. And by Gundam > All series I meant all the series of Gundam e.g. Seed, Destiny..

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

[hide] Yeah, the show kept you guessing to the end. I love the part with Raye Penbar and his fiancee, especially how they died.

And, Matsuda was way better than any of them... Followed closely by Melo and L.[/hide]

[hide]Oh geez, episode 5? My heart was pounding for the whole entire second half of that, when Light was tailing Ray's fiancee. I felt like I was in Light's shoes, freaking out [err, eerily calmly] about finding a way to get her name in the next five minutes. My heart was literally about to burst out of my ribcage, it was pounding so hard. Great episode.

On a side note... I can see how the dubbing will work, but Light's voice... it just doesn't have the insanity hidden under the calmness. Maybe it's easier to do that in Japanese, but Light's first voice seemed much more... insane, suiting the character much better.[/hide]

[hide]I didn't really mind Lights version in the dubbed versions I see, but L's voice sucked [wagon] IMO.

And yeah that part where he got the name from Ray's fiancee was crazy. Early on but was the first really genius moment.

Btw my favorite character was L without a doubt. I liked Ryuk too. [/hide]

Omigosh! Why are you guys hating gundam. And by Gundam > All series I meant all the series of Gundam e.g. Seed, Destiny..

I still think its crap..

gundam is the bottom of the barrel as far as super robot shows go.. for gods sake...

gunbuster, diebuster, GURREN LAGANN, NGE.. theres plenty of FAR better choices.

Tk5SF.png

LoL, I'm gonna watch Gunbuster.

ATM I'm watching Gundam 00, the newest series and it looks cool.

[hide=Spoiler for bleach]It seems Soul Society has infiltrated Hueco Mundo as Ichigo is saved by Zaraki[/hide]

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

LoL, I'm gonna watch Gunbuster.

ATM I'm watching Gundam 00, the newest series and it looks cool.

[hide=Spoiler for bleach]It seems Soul Society has infiltrated Hueco Mundo as Ichigo is saved by Zaraki[/hide]

whos subs are you using?

Tk5SF.png

Idk but I get my eps from Reality Lapse and they recently said they were starting their own fansub and there is a TBS logo in the top of the eps.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Heh, I missed Death Note last night so I just watched it online. I think I'm going to have to go ahead with the subs, the show is just genius.

And I never expected the Shinigami to hang around lol.

p2gq.jpg

I've started watching death note on adult swim, it doesn't take that long geting in does it. Death note is purly awsome, one of the best animes I have seen since FMA or trigun.

I've started watching death note on adult swim, it doesn't take that long geting in does it. Death note is purly awsome, one of the best animes I have seen since FMA or trigun.

Err, you're two episodes in, and no matter how much praise you've heard about an anime, don't jump to conclusions :P . Yes, I and most others think it's a great anime, but seeing only two episodes doesn't really offer a vast enough viewpoint to make proper judgements about the anime :-w .

[hide]Yes, I don't think Light's craziness in the last couple of episodes can be beaten in any other language, especially when he's trying to pressure Matsuda into killing Near... "MATSUDA!!!" But, Mikami was awesome. When he was saying"Eliminate" when he was judging, he sounded awesome.[/hide]

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide]Yes, I don't think Light's craziness in the last couple of episodes can be beaten in any other language, especially when he's trying to pressure Matsuda into killing Near... "MATSUDA!!!" But, Mikami was awesome. When he was saying"Eliminate" when he was judging, he sounded awesome.[/hide]

[hide]Ya, "sakujo... sakujo... SAKUJO!" God he loved that line. His character completely changed into insane primal beast at the end of the anime though, like out of nowhere o_O.

Yes, the Japanese are perfect when it comes to insanity ^_^.[/hide]

Hide tags are fun.

[hide]Ya, "sakujo... sakujo... SAKUJO!" God he loved that line. His character completely changed into insane primal beast at the end of the anime though, like out of nowhere o_O.

Hide tags are fun.

[hide]Yup... Poor Light, he could've gotten away with it if he claimed he'd been framed, but no! He had to go off and make an [wagon] of himself... And then Mikami stabbed himself with a pen.. :XD: And then Matsuda shot Light, finally, he grows a backbone.[/hide]

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Hide tags are fun.

[hide]Yup... Poor Light, he could've gotten away with it if he claimed he'd been framed, but no! He had to go off and make an [wagon] of himself... And then Mikami stabbed himself with a pen.. :XD: And then Matsuda shot Light, finally, he grows a backbone.[/hide]

[hide] yeah I love how Matsuda really saved the day there. And I agree I don't think his insanity could be done in any other language, f***ing brilliant.[/hide]

K. Regarding Bleach:

[hide]Why does everything having to do with hollows have spanish names?

Arrancar - to start (v.)

Hueco Mundo - Hollow World

Menos grande - less great

Vasto Lorde - vast lord

Las Noches - the nights

Might be more that I forgot about.

All of these are literal translations. Does Kubo have spanish ties or something? I first noticed menos grande when they said it early on, then when the Arrancar stuff started there was even more spanish, to my surprise.[/hide]

p2gq.jpg

K. Regarding Bleach:

Arrancar - to pull out (v.)

Vasto Lorde - vast lord

Las Noches - the nights

All of these are literal translations. Does Kubo have spanish ties or something? I first noticed menos grande when they said it early on, then when the Arrancar stuff started there was even more spanish, to my surprise.[/hide]

Why the heck does he need to have "Spanish ties" to be thematic :-s ?

Stopped watching anime long time ago. It just gets tiring after a while.

The only show remotely close to anime that I watch is Avatar

do you even know what your avatar is?! and how much of a contradiction it is that you can have something like that as an avatar and NOT watch anime (interrobang)

Tk5SF.png

K. Regarding Bleach:

Arrancar - to pull out (v.)

Vasto Lorde - vast lord

Las Noches - the nights

Why the heck does he need to have "Spanish ties" to be thematic :-s ?

It would provide some sort of basis for the theme. . . ? It just seemed kind of random to assign an entire parallel plane a Spanish theme, there's really no connection at all. He would have to do the research into the language and everything. Plus, Chad is Mexican.

Just a thought. . .

p2gq.jpg

Stopped watching anime long time ago. It just gets tiring after a while.

The only show remotely close to anime that I watch is Avatar

do you even know what your avatar is?! and how much of a contradiction it is that you can have something like that as an avatar and NOT watch anime (interrobang)

Yeah, I know. Pedobear and all that jazz. But it's just a joke

onceiroseik5.png

Err, you're two episodes in, and no matter how much praise you've heard about an anime, don't jump to conclusions :P . Yes, I and most others think it's a great anime, but seeing only two episodes doesn't really offer a vast enough viewpoint to make proper judgements about the anime :-w .

What I mean is there has not been an anime that has pulled me in that quick since FMA or trigun.