The Lack of Challenge in RuneScape

O_M_G_Guasto

Well, I have noticed a lack of challenging things in RuneScape. I have beaten every hard quest and Achieved a Fire Cape. I see nothing else challenging to do(don't tell me go get 99 in every skill, I hate skill's). Other than skilling, the challenge's other than fight caves are mediocre at best. Comments?

O_M_G_Guasto.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess thats your view because you have done alot. if you like a challenge surely some off the higher level monsters (kq, kbd, ce, dagonath kings) would appeal to you.

Me im only 93 and still have alot to do but i find that there is always somehting to do if you get bored of one thing.

i agree 100%

personally i think that there should be some lvl 1000+ in the game that has 3 forms each using 2 forms of prayer, immune the verac special, and would take like a massiave armry to kill with a super rare drop something like 80+ new type of armor but only a med

legends2.jpg

Pked a whip once, thought i'd stop while I was ahead.

PKing and dueling mean consistently testing your talents against the other players in the game, and are an endless source of challenge if you dare to expose yourself to the full experience.

PKing a whip is nice. Frequently and consistently pking other pkers in head on battle is nicer.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Well, by looking at your siggy, [pretty sure it's up to date] you have 176 qp, i'm pretty sure there is at least one more hard quest you haven't done.

---And the pking and dueling ideas are pretty good, those are the only ones that keep me playing. :|

back to rs, i guess. it's been 4 months.

RSN:P H Osho <- gonna start on him soon, fresh.

Heh pking isn't even a challenge anymore either...I feel your frustration and dissapointment. That's why I play RS once a week now...I did take up playing RS classic for awhile since things were more difficult back in those days, but I'm not really loaded on money so I can't afford to teleport around there...that and there's the whole "walking" thing opposed to being able to run :P

captain_poet.png

I'd take up dueling. Or if you really just love the challenge, try handicapping yourself while on fightcaves? I think that's stupid to do, but if that alone is what you want, limit what you bring and try to set some record for beating the fight caves without 'x' of some item. You do still have some more quests to do, but other than that, just wait for the next big update to have some challenging thing. That's what I do.

Complete all quests, do barrows until you get every item available, play other minigames... If you don't like skilling you should play something else. :-k

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

Well, I have noticed a lack of challenging things in RuneScape. I have beaten every hard quest and Achieved a Fire Cape. I see nothing else challenging to do(don't tell me go get 99 in every skill, I hate skill's). Other than skilling, the challenge's other than fight caves are mediocre at best. Comments?

Yea very true. Only real challange is withstand the repetition.

do fire cape complete melee no range no amge :D

Can't be done.

edit: Jad himself can be meleed, muggi has shown us that. But going pure melee all the way is impossible, you'd get owned by the 360s.

manytradesur7.png

Current goals: Going for 80 80 80.

Recent goals achieved: 70 70 70 done.

Major Achievement: Fire Cape at 79 combat.

oh rly? try killing the dag kings without guthans armor, or kq without veracs, it's pretty differcult! :-w

The KQ I agree with, but DK's are really easy IMO, with a fair amount of experience of course. Guthans is just for lasting long. Heck, with Guthans I can duo or trio for over 3 hours maging Rex, w/o it you just don't last as long, doesn't make it any harder.

I guess the only real challenge at DK's is learning how to survive going with inexperienced noobs, or dealing with new teams that try and kill you (EVERY team I've ever encountered down there has done everything they could to try and kill me. It's pathetic what the community is like nowadays).

The only challenge I ever find is becoming a perfect CW player, knowing all the strategies and right places to click, all that stuff. For most people there isn't much strategy, but at the higher lvls you see everyone making perfect moves to score or prevent a score.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

1 word.

golden castlewars plate.

Any loser can get that with enough time. If you're an average, or below average player you should win about 50% of the games. So, just play what, a couple hundred games and BAM, free gold plate?

Meh, I win 2/3 of my games right now- I'm hoping to increase it to 3/4, maybe even 4/5 once I get better, and of course gain 4 more Mage Levels :twisted: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ive set my self the challenge of getting 100 combat. (I guess that was pretty obvios from my sig) unless you view increasing your combat level as skilling?

Why dont try an set yourself a goal? That takes away the boredom for me.

Any loser can get that with enough time. If you're an average, or below average player you should win about 50% of the games. So, just play what, a couple hundred games and BAM, free gold plate?

Meh, I win 2/3 of my games right now- I'm hoping to increase it to 3/4, maybe even 4/5 once I get better, and of course gain 4 more Mage Levels :twisted: .

try doing that without flag holding or causing your team to flag hold.