funny words u thought up!

amazizing333

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so bold as to say any of my idiolect is completely original.

Hahaha, I like that one. Not heard it before. I wouldn't claim mine to be that original, either: chavalry and chavalier (both with the ch of church), meaning, respectively, the code of honour by which chavs live, which requires that they tuck their trousers into their socks and wear baseball caps at very jaunty angles, and -- well -- chavs.

our entire class all pitched in there favorourite words or something like that and we came up with the word flange which we now use when we do something accidently like "ah, flange!" or a way of greegting other kids in our class :D

Moogleness. Not totally original as the root word 'moogle' is actually a fictional creature from the Final Fantasy series. I'm not sure what this word means, it has many contexts. For more info, check out the games board.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

We used to make up alot of words... I need to think of them. :P But, I'm sure that other people have used them too. I remember speaking of a word I (think) I made up called "flum". My friends and I have agreed that a "flum" is a container used especially for storing toe nail clippings.

3898000bYVcx.png

My friend called me redonkulous yesterday. She said she made it up because she couldn't remember the word 'rediculous'. :-k

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Hummm.... I dont usually invento words but heres a strange one:FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION

Meaning: The action or habit of judging something to be worthless.

So if you someone to be worthless, you're FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATING him/her

See, contructive!

komododabst3cn.png