Reading Forums a Killer?

remoteman

Hello one and all.

I died.

There we go straight to the point. I died because i was reading these forums. Fishing at the fishing guild, striving hard for the exuberant 76 fishing, (just got 70 yay) i died. Evil Chicken? River Troll? Security Guard? (i doubt it)

But the worst is yet to come. I lost a whip. Don't ask why i wore it, full torags, d sq, red boater, glory, obby cape and my white wily cat!(named flash btw) I don't know. but naturally, the things that are worth the most in street value, are worth the least in shop value. I kept my torags and a d sq. But what makes it worse, is that i have only had it for a week, losing my first whip when i lagged out at the hide-dags after Leester's Dagannoth killing event. (btw i place no blame on anyone for that, i was alone at the time) So now i have another incentive for getting 76 fishing, hopefully i will be able to amass enough cash along the way to get another whip.

Enough of my sob story, this isn't a rant! I want to here about YOU. what have YOU lost while browsing the forums. Have you missed any golden oportunities? Lets hear them!

RM

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tipit Forums is the leading cause in Tipiter deaths :ohnoes: .

Anyway, I think I lost 10K Feathers when I was on a quest for a higher fishing level. I browsed Falador Square looking at all the B Sales with pics =P~ and then when I clicked back I found myself back in Lumbridge with a Fly Fishing Rod and 2 Feathers. Nowadays I never fish because I'm scared of the water :uhh: .

EDIT: I just a got a broken pickaxe because of your post <.<

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

got down to 5hp while fighting shadow warriors, wearing, full drag whip and red mask!!!!!!!!! when the masks were cheap. quickly ate a shark then they hit 6 on me :o sharkies saved teh day.

Hehe I remeber you telling me about that

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

got down to 5hp while fighting shadow warriors, wearing, full drag whip and red mask!!!!!!!!! when the masks were cheap. quickly ate a shark then they hit 6 on me :o sharkies saved teh day.

lol you are very lucky my friend. thanks for the posts guys, its great!

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I was once browsing foruyms in that barrows room full of spiders ..

Clicked back and I was 15hp!! Eat!! I was okay though. I'm doing it right now with a whip and Torag's. :)

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I lost a yellow like 2 years ago due to reading these forums. The thread about it is still on here I think.

Damn! atleast they wern't as expensive then as they are now, did you get it back?

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

lol, my mate didnt die, but, he was reading forums for to long...while killing Abyssal demons,...you can guess what happened..A Whip Drop...jow did he know there was another guy there killing the demons, afk, and he picked it up

I3il2die: aka: BiRDiE

An Are Sole: Pure Def/Skiller...

While I've had numerous close calls I dont think I've ever died because of tip.it :P.

Being 11 hp with full guthans drag and 3 whips and not healing because your helm is broken is a pain though. I wasnt concentrating due to tip.it :P. Luckly I noticed my helm was broken and my hp at the last second.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

I don't recall losing something important just becouse of reading forums, but I got teled out countless times while woodcutting or fishing, also had some close calls like once when river troll got me to 5 hp...

Guess I'm luckier than you :P

Pity you've lost your whip, I lost mine becouse of my stupidity (accidental skull while dragon killing, dunno why I didnt teleport out immediately :|)

messpsddark7bs.gif

Ty pjb21 for this awesome avvy!

I'm parranoid about reading these forums whilst fighting. I basicaly don't do it unless i'm in a safe spot of the monster is lower than level 80 cb.

Whilst skilling I never wear anything that isnt necesary anymore. Why do i need to wear my robin hood set, archer's ring and fury if i'm woodcutting? It doesn't exactly get me any more logs.

And I always have the effects volume on, so I can hear if I get a random (they all make noise, even things like an axe head comming off).

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Tipit Forums is the leading cause in Tipiter deaths :ohnoes: .

Anyway, I think I lost 10K Feathers when I was on a quest for a higher fishing level. I browsed Falador Square looking at all the B Sales with pics =P~ and then when I clicked back I found myself back in Lumbridge with a Fly Fishing Rod and 2 Feathers. Nowadays I never fish because I'm scared of the water :uhh: .

EDIT: I just a got a broken pickaxe because of your post <.<

Maybe you ought to level your luck skill :lol:

Once I was fishing too and almost died. Lucky thing was I was skulled with Full Dragon (no chain) w/ Brassard, whip and Fury #-o

Must've had about ~20hp left when I switched back to see all my mates yelling at me and trying to get my attention by spamming PM box \' :3>

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

I died in the fishing guild as well.. While ready/posting on the forum.

And yesterday I allmost died with full guthan while killing cave horrors, was still wearing black mask. So guthan coulnt heal me. I was at 7 hp(they could 1 hit ko-ed me) when I quickly klicked on the Ectopial. Man I was lucky

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

I lost a yellow like 2 years ago due to reading these forums. The thread about it is still on here I think.

Damn! atleast they wern't as expensive then as they are now, did you get it back?

Nope I logged off really annoyed, I knew there was no point going back there (fishing guild) for it because I wouldn't really expect anyone to give it back. I only paid 2.2m or so for it though. And I can't find the post :\ It has no reason to be deleted cause someone bumped it up like 5 months ago. Meh.

Great stories guys, keep em coming. not exactly making me feel any better with all the "it was so close i was on 5hp but luckily i managed to check JUST IN TIME" :uhh: lol ah well, just because i'm extremely unlucky.....

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

i once was reading forum and when i went back to runescape i was logged out...... i logged back in and had 3 hp left :ohnoes: no food and standing in barrows tunnel with full guthan and whip :ohnoes: :ohnoes:. i teled out while got hit by a skeleton got saved by my house :lol: long live the house teleport \'

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p