dragon/magic crossbow?

prof_fleb

While trying out my new crossbow (i love it, thank you jagex) i suddenly realised you could get a pouch for the bolts, i ran to Keldagrim and talked with the owner of the crossbow stand, somewhere in the conversation magic crossbows came up, but he told me to go ask at the ranged guild about them.

So off to the ranged guild i went! and after a long voyage i realised that i could have used a ardy tele to get there faster #-o ahh well, i talked to the arrow salesman about magic crossbows, he said that we might be able to make them in future

so a magic crossbow is coming, since magic is a step up from yew, and yew uses rune, and dragon is a step up from rune, it seems likely it will be a dragon crossbow

so, is a dragon crossbow on the way? post your oppinions about it here and apologys if this is in the wrong forum or if theres a topic about it allready

voidknight.jpg

~hawt Knight of the Void~

image,prof-spc-fleb,white,black.png

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

yes, there can be a dragon crossbow( I centainly hope so) but the downside is. We can't make them ourselves. If they come :wink:

they just could have a dragon limbs store...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

or maybe they'll make dragon minable, i can see the update now

dragon is now minable! all you must do to get this ore is to get 1000 tokens in our new minigame, its kinda like barrows, except you fight all 6 at once, they all use ancients and they hit though prayer, killing them all gives you 1 token, 1000 tokens and you can have 10 minutes in the dragon mining area, which takes 11 minutes to mine with level 99 mining, good luck!!!

voidknight.jpg

~hawt Knight of the Void~

image,prof-spc-fleb,white,black.png

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

yes, there can be a dragon crossbow( I centainly hope so) but the downside is. We can't make them ourselves. If they come :wink:

they just could have a dragon limbs store...

ofcourse #-o

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

dragon is now minable! all you must do to get this ore is to get 1000 tokens in our new minigame, its kinda like barrows, except you fight all 6 at once, they all use ancients and they hit though prayer, killing them all gives you 1 token, 1000 tokens and you can have 10 minutes in the dragon mining area, which takes 11 minutes to mine with level 99 mining, good luck!!!

dragon will nbever be mine able... (dragon smithing would be from lvl 100 - 115...)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Yeh, I though about it too earlier and there was some talking about it when the new crossbows came. Dragon/magic crossbow would definitely be cool, maybe some crazy quest where you could obtain dragon limbs and which you would have to complete to wield the d x-bow. And maybe something to do with the ranging guild where the x-bow trader wants you to get dragon limbs and then after completion you could always buy them from store. =P~

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

Yeh, I though about it too earlier and there was some talking about it when the new crossbows came. Dragon/magic crossbow would definitely be cool, maybe some crazy quest where you could obtain dragon limbs and which you would have to complete to wield the d x-bow. And maybe something to do with the ranging guild where the x-bow trader wants you to get dragon limbs and then after completion you could always buy them from store. =P~

yeah thats prolly the most likely option.. i dont think that you will be able to mine dragon, and you would have to have an npc smith it for you anyways...

will74.png

that is actually good because that means that you will be able to merchant them just like the d b axe you buy it from a store and its price doesnt go down or up much but look at the whip, its price is falling dramatically because of drops. So if they just made whips only buyable from a store the price of the whip would stay generally the same

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

I don't think the magic Xbow will use the dragon metal. It was originally designed as UNBENDABLE metal, so it's not suited for the libs which have to be bent!

So how do people walk in dragon legs if the metal doesn't bend :wink:

Lol good point, and where did wizard get the info that they were desgined to be unbendable.

Chris_2_8.png

Lol. Seriously, in real life. Laughing.

That's good stuff. O.-

Not that I'm not the 1,000th person to say this, but ...

Dark beasts still need a drop. (Dragon Limbs?)

I don't think the magic Xbow will use the dragon metal. It was originally designed as UNBENDABLE metal, so it's not suited for the libs which have to be bent!

So how do people walk in dragon legs if the metal doesn't bend :wink:

Well in all fairness, the legs have jointed knees so they can move, so really the metal isn't bending. But I wouldn't expect a human to be able to bend even steel legs, so. Maybe lead, if they had lead armor, but that's about it.

But crossbow limbs don't bend either. Let me give you a diagram of a crossbow.

http://198.144.2.125/Crossbows/Full/CrossbowParts.jpg

As you can see it's not the metal limb of the crossbow being bent, it's the supple wooden element and the string!

In other news, my psychiatrist and I had our tenth appointment today, and he has officially deemed me a "lost cause"!! Celebrate!!

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

here's my most desirable situation with this.

Obtain Dragon Limbs from a monster drop, maybe a new monster or just metal drags like slimfar stated.

String with magic root possibly...that may be to hard tho, and you can't make it monster drop cause of ammy of nature. Then just regular string. Make it have a ok but not great special.

What about a dragon/magic crossbow with a special that it's about 100% of success of activation of the effect of the enchanted bolt at the time (not my idea... but nice one)

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Ahh yes the proverbial dragon Xbow...I'm guessing it'll take a year and half for it to come out. Afterall meleers still don't have their crystal halberd and that elf has been saying she's been working on that tune for well over a year. Anyway, the concept of a dragon ore would just make me the happiest man alive. Although, I think it should require 99 mining, have a respawn time of 40 minutes to an hour, only 1 rock of it and that rock is heavily guarded by lvl 200+ monsters somewhere in the wilderness.

Then, have it turn out that the dragon ore isn't even smithable, but needs to be say gave to a dwarf which will smelt the ore into a bar for you at a certain fee of say 500K...past that smithing for anything would be 99 to do, and require the appropriate bars as usual. Down dragon armor prices would go and up would be the happiness of anybody lucky enough to have 99 mining or pk a dragon miner.

captain_poet.png