Did you say free con AND smithing xp?! Version 1.3 CLEARER!!

RAHK

I guess that I didn't make the point of this clear enough... This isn't for speed leveling. This is for CHEAP leveling. This is for those who don't know the little tricks on free con/smith xp. What is the biggest complaint about con? The speed? Heck no, look how "long" it took to get to 99. The problem is the EXPENSE. This is just a way for people to get the best bang for their oak dollar. I am not saying that this is the best way for EVERYBODY, I am saying that this is the most cost-effective way to use your oak.

^ That and it is NOT THAT SLOW!!! Please try it, post your average times, and THEN point out flaws, lol. This is far from perfect but speaking from a lack of personal experience is not the best way to make it better. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make it free just make any sink. Only cons exp but all free if u get ur own ores.

Alternatively you could gather 448,000 normal planks from respawns, mine 30,000 iron ores and smith them all into nails, and make 224,000 crude wooden chairs to get to level 99...

Nice guide though, I probably won't ever use it myself as I'm not a great fan of construction any more, I don't have enough money to make this efficient!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

This used to be worth it when construction first came out. They gave 65 smith xp or something for each one made. For the time lost with this slow method, I think you could make back the money you didn't save doing something else less boring.

This used to be worth it when construction first came out. They gave 65 smith xp or something for each one made. For the time lost with this slow method, I think you could make back the money you didn't save doing something else less boring.

Yeah that's exactly what I said. Runecrafting nats :)

The quote replies are out of order, but you get the idea, lol.

The time it takes you to get 99 construction doing that, I could get 99 construction using oak planks, the same amount of smithing xp, and could craft enough nats to make the same amount (or more) money than you did

I can assure you that it isn't as slow as you think. Try it before you judge it. :wink:

I could do all the math if I wanted to right now, but I'm too lazy. Someone do it for me

Got ya covered. :-w

Hmm... you seem reluctant to factor time into the equation here. Remember, time is money.

The amount of time I'm saving by oak larding could be put towards raking in a hill of coins, a hill of coins which is thrown down to get more oak planks.

So you have to ask yourself, is the time wasted in getting the cwarmour and making the cwas really worth the money saved? I really don't think you could answer that question, and unless you can I really don't see myself using your method any time in the future. It might happen, but it's unlikely.

I did the tests to compare the time spent and it is hardly shabby. Not for everyone, but ideal for some.

I am under the impression that I am one of those few people that had to go play another 10 cw games to get the 18 tickets needed for the lowest armor. The lowest form is 100% worth the work, the second form is debatable (not worth it to me but it depends on your current ticket stock), and the third form is pointless. I only mentioned those for people with something like 40 smithing, enough tickets or ambition for some form of cw armor, and have a rather small gp reservior. The smithing is far superior but it totally depends on your current level. Most people with a lot of funds, lowish smithing, and few cw tickets will lose a lot of time with this method that could be better spent elsewhere. Like I said, not for everybody. :wink:

ya you could also use silverlight or the dark version of it with teaks don't get any other xp but ti still more xp per teak plank than normal

This is totally opposite of this whole idea. Teak planks cost a LOT more per xp than oak and using an extra item that doesn't give xp defeats the purpose.

Yeah that's exactly what I said. Runecrafting nats :)

I broke down and did a little testing to satisfy all of the time-concerned folk. Remember that this is not the best method for everybody! Just the most efficient use of your funds. For a less than tiny portion of people this is actually better than oak larders for overall time-usage. After I edit the red below into the first post I am hitting the hay, so don't expect prompt replies. :XD: <---- *Yawns*

After a ten minute test I successfully made 60 mmas and 25 larders (in the second test). This is 8100 xp from mmas and 12000 xp from larders in 10 minutes. That means that larders are 32.5% faster xp than cw1as/mmas, 25% faster than cw2as/amas, and 17.5% faster than cw3as/rmas. If you consider the free smithing xp into the equation (TOTALLY your choice, I do since their gp costs per xp are relatively close) that changes it to 20% for mmas, 12.5% for amas, and 5% slower than larders. That is all self-explanatory and partially-optional. The fun part is when you factor in YOUR SAVINGS! If we use the percentages for speed and combine them with the cost savings it *should* result in the overall efficiency (if not do the math properly because I am bushed :-$ ). The question that you need to ask yourself is whether you can make the cash difference back using your preferred method (nat crafting anyone?) and (provided you are doing mas's not cwas's) the smithing xp in the time saved. Can you make 12.5k in 19.5 minutes (cw1as)? Probably. Make 12.5k gp and smith 60 iron bars individually (into knives and sell for 40 ea to equal free xp) in 12 minutes? Probably but each step gets harder. :wink: Can you make 25k in 15 minutes (cw2as)? Make 25k and smith 60 iron bars individually in 7.5 minutes (amas)? Here is the fun part. Can you make 37.5k in 10.5 minutes (cw3as)? How about making 37.5k AND smith 60 iron bars individually all in 3 minutes? That works out to making 750k an hour AND smithing 360 iron bars... think you can do that? If you figure that it takes only 3 seconds to smith a bar and return from the bank for each of those bars that leaves you with 42 minutes to make that 750k. Or you can split them and make 1.071mil in one hour and smith 1.2k iron bars in the next. While this is obtainable for those with 91 rc or mad merchanting/staking/pking skills it would seem far out of reach for your average person. The last example is using the best form which most people won't be able to do, obviously, but the idea holds true down the line. Your job is to find out how you value smith xp, where you are on the cwas and/or the mas scale, and whether you can cover the gp/xp gap with other cash making methods (and, for mas, the smithing gap) in the same or less time. Hardly the best choice for everybody but an option for all and nearly a requirement for some.

Disclaimer:

I am tired so my math/logic might be off. Please correct it! Unless I sign something with "-RAHK-" I am NOT a mod at that moment!!! Treat me like you did before and feel free to point out my flaws. I don't want people to mince words and am VERY glad that many have not (including a few close friends :P ). The mod position should be ignored unless I am modding, lol.

Many of these numbers can be off due to poor math, inept logic, unintentional bias, and, of course, mistakes in timing and construction speed.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Oh, I won't just point out your flaws, dear rahky. ^.^ I'll take out a shiny ahlspeiss and stab at them. ^o^

Flaw - you forgot to factor in the time it takes to get the cwarmor. How much time does it take to get each ticket? How many tickets do you need? How much does it cost you overall to get a ticket? Really. Because not every John Doe on the street has a set of cwarmor. That has to be factored in. I know nothing about cwars besides the fact that it is an awesome banky spot.

Flaw, um, er, ... actually, I might retract the ahlspeiss currently threatening your liver. I only see getting the cwarmor as a flaw.

Lol... I'm speaking about time effienciency here yet I'm posting on a fansite forum. God, I have the attention span of a rabid monkey. Hey look! A butter fly! Oh my god, look at that shiny light that .... oh!! A piece of dust just floated by wheeeeeeeee!!!!!

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

Oh, I won't just point out your flaws, dear rahky. ^.^ I'll take out a shiny ahlspeiss and stab at them. ^o^

Flaw - you forgot to factor in the time it takes to get the cwarmor. How much time does it take to get each ticket? How many tickets do you need? How much does it cost you overall to get a ticket? Really. Because not every John Doe on the street has a set of cwarmor. That has to be factored in. I know nothing about cwars besides the fact that it is an awesome banky spot.

Flaw, um, er, ... actually, I might retract the ahlspeiss currently threatening your liver. I only see getting the cwarmor as a flaw.

Lol... I'm speaking about time effienciency here yet I'm posting on a fansite forum. God, I have the attention span of a rabid monkey. Hey look! A butter fly! Oh my god, look at that shiny light that .... oh!! A piece of dust just floated by wheeeeeeeee!!!!!

Dang, you replied before I could finish editting. Your answer is above. A few more things and I almost get to sleep, yay! \'

Smithing and CW tickets are either something you have or you don't, lol. If you have basically zero of each, you can take the time to bs 18 winning rounds of CW if you like or skip it all together, your choice.

And lol at distractions.

RahkUrWrld.png

that had to take a long time to type...and to read :-w but awlso there is a free way to get con. up for low level con people...like my self :oops: but going in wildy(level 24)the grave yard by the green drags or the barbin out post but :-$ i never said any thang

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

Heard of this idea before already

Not useful for those whose money-making rates can override potential savings (as you stated already).

I don't think many people have a high enough smithing level/castle wars armour set that of which their money-making skills cannot override the cost savings.

For those who have, it's always worth a try :wink: .

Hegel.png

Thanks a lot man. I've been wondering on how to raise my smithing lately remembering how I smelted for free for hours on end just to get that extra level.

Since I'm already doing construction this will be a nice bonus.

Now I just have to haul my wagon to castle wars seeing as I have only done it twice.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Just to be obvious, eliminate Rune Metal Armor Stands and Gold Castle War Armor Stands. Then redo the math.

Also you forgot to mention that when you're making money, you get RUNECRAFTING XP!! \'

I did nearly all of the math for all 7 options (3 each of cwas/mas and 1 larder) so what are you saying? That the people who have those items or 99 smithing shouldn't be allowed a tip, lol? Obviously the group isn't large but they deserve the knowledge as well.

I am not about to break down every possible option for making gp, lol. All you have to do is find which option you can/want to do and see if you can make more gp and smithing xp in the same time elsewhere. If you can't, use this. If you can, use oak larders. I am NOT saying this is good for everybody! Just do the math and see if it is good for you.

Thanks a lot man. I've been wondering on how to raise my smithing lately remembering how I smelted for free for hours on end just to get that extra level.

Since I'm already doing construction this will be a nice bonus.

Now I just have to haul my wagon to castle wars seeing as I have only done it twice.

This reminds me that I forgot to add the hierarchy. Basically, you only need to choose ONE type of armor stand. There is no point in getting cwas AND mas. If your smithing is terrible then focus on cwas. If your smithing is at least 60ish then raise it and focus on mas. In order from most expensive (still a nice discount off larders) to least expensive (aka best xp per gp):

Castle Wars Red(1) Armor Stand - 135xp - +15 con xp

Castle Wars White(2) Armor Stand - 150xp - +30 con xp

Castle Wars Gold(3) Armor Stand - 165xp - +45 con xp

Mithril Metal Armor Stand - 135xp - +15 con xp - +25 smith xp

Adamant Metal Armor Stand - 150xp - +30 con xp - +25 smith xp

Runite Metal Armor Stand - 165xp - +45 con xp - +25 smith xp

Note: The bolded are 100% accurate but the middle ones can vary based on how you value smithing xp.

So, if you have a nice smithing level try to use your best mas. If you don't just go win 18 cw games and save yourself a little gp. The time invested in cw is miniscule once you realize it's long term benefits.

MAS > CWAS O:)

RahkUrWrld.png

Nice guide and all. But personally I wouldn't do it due to the Fact I have no skill hall (Find it quite useless IMO) So back to Oak Dining Tables for me.

90% of construction's items/rooms are essentially useless... Oak dining tables would likely be slower xp than mmas... I would say that saving millions is worth spending the 25-50k or whatever it costs for a skill hall...?

RahkUrWrld.png

Nice guide and all. But personally I wouldn't do it due to the Fact I have no skill hall (Find it quite useless IMO) So back to Oak Dining Tables for me.

90% of construction's items/rooms are essentially useless... Oak dining tables would likely be slower xp than mmas... I would say that saving millions is worth spending the 25-50k or whatever it costs for a skill hall...?

Hmmm I might do it then. But the main thing is I'm only after 57 cons (52 currently) So I can tea up to 60 for a throne room. But if I get a big Shark I will defnitity do it. (Just want something other then a rug/staircase and a rune case in a room) Thanks for the idea ^^.

Hmm, sounds good, well I guess after I get my 87 (ish) cooking, 74(ish) prayer and finish loads of quests, I'll start my journey towards 68 smithing, then get to 70 something construction. I've got my work cut out for me! Nice work RAHK (as usual) =D>

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Monday afternoob ill conferm the white CW armor, and get a friend to conferm the gold (he loves to flaunt his 3k tix -.-)

I might get 68 smithing just to do this, although thats alot of gold to smelt (like 3k :()

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Monday afternoob ill conferm the white CW armor, and get a friend to conferm the gold (he loves to flaunt his 3k tix -.-)

I might get 68 smithing just to do this, although thats alot of gold to smelt (like 3k :()

No need to confirm anything since this is from the kb, tip.it, and my own personal experience. It would be nice to see a few 10 minute figures, though. :D

I raised smithing strictly for total but now I have a goal; sounds like you might be in that same stage.

RahkUrWrld.png