Did you say free con AND smithing xp?! Version 1.3 CLEARER!!

RAHK

No patience? Can't read more than 2 or 3 lines of text in one sitting? Then don't ever click on a topic written by me! Or just skip down to the summary, lazy bones. :P

Here is the process that I am describing before I get into why it is a better option for many:

In build mode, in your skill hall, you can make level 28 armor stands. There are two types (castle wars armor and smithable armor) and 3 levels of armor stands (red, white, and gold cw armor and mith, addy, and rune armor). Each level is the same con xp (15 for level 1, 30 for level 2, and 45 for level 3) and all metal armor gives 25 smithing xp. All stands take 2 oak planks. Making an armor stand removes 2 oak planks and 3 pieces of armor from your inventory (full helm, skirt, plate for metal and helm, plate, and legs for cw). Breaking an armor stand returns the armor to your inventory for repeated use. Each make and break gives 120 xp for the 2 oak planks, 15 (lvl 1), 30 (lvl 2), or 45 (lvl 3) con xp for the armor, and 25 smithing xp if you use metal armor stands.

We all know that anything you use to raise your con level (planks, molten glass, etc.) give a set amount of xp per item used and it is not dependent on the level of the item that you make. After some chatting on mIRC (<---click me and chat!) I think I might have the most efficient way to level con. The standard cheap/fast way to raise con is making oak larders with (obviously) oak planks (60xp per plank). If you look at the required items for most of the things that you can make you will see that almost every item is consumed by making it. In other words, if you make an oak larder you use 8 oak plank which you do NOT get back upon demolition. There are, however, several items which you can use that you are able to recover afterwards. Most of these construction items either require expensive ingredients (maple/teak planks, molten glass, etc.) and/or give poor xp. The xp that you DO recieve is completely FREE provided that you are able to use those items (i.e. mounting a Legend's cape is impossible without completing the quest). There are two exceptions that provide free xp AND do not require expensive ingredients. The easiest to obtain is the castle wars armor stand and the harder one is the metal armor stand. Getting the lowest form of the castle wars armor stand (cwas from now on :wink: ) only requires that you play a few games of castle wars while the lowest form of the metal armor stand (mas) requires 68 smithing. Making these stands gives 5-15 COMPLETLY FREE con xp PER PIECE USED! There are three levels of each; cw1, cw2, cw3 and mithril, adamant, and rune which give a total of 15, 30, and 45 xp respectively.

This means that you can get from 12.5% to 37.5% of your normal construction xp 100% FREE. To utilize the bare minimum you need a con level of 28 and 18 cw tickets OR 68 smithing. Now comes a little math.

Total xp for level 99 con from 28 = 13,023,607 xp

Number of cw1as(level 1 castle wars armor stand)/mmas(mithril metal armor stand) needed to obtain that much xp = 13,023,607 / 135 = 96,472 cw1as/mmas

The cost for that many stands (valuing oak planks at 500gp each) = 96,472 x 2 (number of oak planks) x 500gp = 96,472,000 gp

Normal cost to reach 99 con from 28 = 108,530,058

Your savings so far = 12,058,058

For level 2 (cw2as/amas) you will need 86,824 total cw2as/amas's at a total cost of 86,824,000 gp for a savings of 21,706,058.

For the grand daddy of con thriftyness you will need 78,931 total cw3as/rmas's at a total cost of 78,931,000 gp for a savings of 29,599,058!

Yeah, you read that right. You can save nearly 30mil by using the third level armor stand! I will show a few more figures before pointing out how you can save even more gp.

With the standard con method you are paying 500gp per oak plank which gives 60xp. That costs you 8.33 gp PER con point. Cw1as/mmas lowers that to 7.4 gp per con point, cw2as/amas lowers that to 6.66 gp per con point and cw3as/rmas lowers that to 6.06 gp per con point of xp. Compare that to another skill such as smithing: steel plates. A steel plate costs 1,750 (550 gp per bar, 5 bars, and plate is worth 1k) to make, gives 187.5, and costs you 9.33 gp per point of smithing xp. There are, of course, cheaper ways to level smithing, but this is the standard procedure for leveling. So your savings compared to smithing is 1gp (normal con), 1.93 gp (lvl 1 armor stands), 2.67 gp (lvl 2), and 3.27 gp (lvl 3). This is just intended to give you a rough understanding of the fact that con isn't quite as expensive as you think and will be used later on.

Another way that this lowers your costs dramatically is that you can easily get away with using a human butler instead of a demon one. By the time that he returns you will have barely finished if you are extremely fast. You can also factor in the fact that you will be using fewer oak planks which means fewer bank runs or butler tasks. If you figure that you can get only 10 runs out of your butler before payday (probably way more, but I want to use a conservative estimate) that means you can save (mind you, this is a VERY, VERY rough estimate) about 300 paydays which is a total fee savings of up to 1.5mil-3mil. Just another fringe benefit. :wink:

Now, here comes the most fantabulous part: smithing! When you make ANY mas you recieve, in addition to the elevated con xp, 25 FREE smithing xp points! In other words, you smith a free iron bar EACH time you make and break (m&B) a mas. Now for a little smithing math.

If you use any mas to level to 99 from 28 con, you will accumulate 25 free smithing xp per mas. That means you can acquire 1,973,275 smithing xp from rmas, 2,170,600 smithing xp from amas, and 2,411,800 smithing xp from mmas (you get less smithing xp with the higher mas due to the fact that you need less of them to reach 99 con). You will end up paying 18,410,656 gp using rmas, 20,251,698 gp using amas, and 22,502,094 gp for smithing xp that you could be getting 100% FREE! Crazy, eh? If you decide to value that smithing xp (as I do) as part of the cost for con xp, you will arrive with a couple of nice figures. Take your total cost (1,000 gp for 2 oak planks) divide that by your combined con/smith xp (135) you find that you are paying ONLY 7.4 gp per con/smith point for mmas, 6.66 gp per con/smith point for amas, and a mere 6.06 gp per con/smith point for rmas. Now, let's say (for simplicity's sake) that you were to get that smithing xp by using the normal smithing plan (steel plates) at 9.33gp per point of smithing xp. Using that value (and the values above) you SAVE 6,452,610 gp on rmas, 5,795,502 gp on amas, and 4,654,774 on mmas over steel, for FREE, WHILE RAISING CON!

Now I think that is some mighty fine multi-tasking and penny-pinching if I do say so myself. :3>

EDIT:

After a ten minute test I successfully made 60 mmas and 25 larders (in the second test). This is 8100 xp from mmas and 12000 xp from larders in 10 minutes. That means that larders are 32.5% faster xp than cw1as/mmas, 25% faster than cw2as/amas, and 17.5% faster than cw3as/rmas. If you consider the free smithing xp into the equation (TOTALLY your choice, I do since their gp costs per xp are relatively close) that changes it to 20% for mmas, 12.5% for amas, and 5% slower than larders. That is all self-explanatory and partially-optional. The fun part is when you factor in YOUR SAVINGS! If we use the percentages for speed and combine them with the cost savings it *should* result in the overall efficiency (if not do the math properly because I am bushed :-$ ). The question that you need to ask yourself is whether you can make the cash difference back using your preferred method (nat crafting anyone?) and (provided you are doing mas's not cwas's) the smithing xp in the time saved. Can you make 12.5k in 19.5 minutes (cw1as)? Probably. Make 12.5k gp and smith 60 iron bars individually (into knives and sell for 40 ea to equal free xp) in 12 minutes? Probably but each step gets harder. :wink: Can you make 25k in 15 minutes (cw2as)? Make 25k and smith 60 iron bars individually in 7.5 minutes (amas)? Here is the fun part. Can you make 37.5k in 10.5 minutes (cw3as)? How about making 37.5k AND smith 60 iron bars individually all in 3 minutes? That works out to making 750k an hour AND smithing 360 iron bars... think you can do that? If you figure that it takes only 3 seconds to smith a bar and return from the bank for each of those bars that leaves you with 42 minutes to make that 750k. Or you can split them and make 1.071mil in one hour and smith 1.2k iron bars in the next. While this is obtainable for those with 91 rc or mad merchanting/staking/pking skills it would seem far out of reach for your average person. The last example is using the best form which most people won't be able to do, obviously, but the idea holds true down the line. Your job is to find out how you value smith xp, where you are on the cwas and/or the mas scale, and whether you can cover the gp/xp gap with other cash making methods (and, for mas, the smithing gap) in the same or less time. Hardly the best choice for everybody but an option for all and nearly a requirement for some.

EDIT #2:

In order from most expensive (still a nice discount off larders) to least expensive (aka best xp per gp):

Castle Wars Red(1) Armor Stand - 135xp - +15 con xp

Castle Wars White(2) Armor Stand - 150xp - +30 con xp

Castle Wars Gold(3) Armor Stand - 165xp - +45 con xp

Mithril Metal Armor Stand - 135xp - +15 con xp - +25 smith xp

Adamant Metal Armor Stand - 150xp - +30 con xp - +25 smith xp

Runite Metal Armor Stand - 165xp - +45 con xp - +25 smith xp

Note: The bolded are 100% accurate but the middle ones can vary based on how you value smithing xp.

So, if you have a nice smithing level try to use your best mas. If you don't just go win 18 cw games and save yourself a little gp. The time invested in cw is miniscule once you realize it's long term benefits.

EDIT #3:

After a LOT of math I have a nice set of numbers for you.

10k for demon, 3k for cook = 70% savings

Rough paydays for larders 834, rmas/cwas 987 = 5,379,000 gp SAVED

500gp per plank, 300gp per log planked (50 for oak log) = 40% savings

108,530,058 cost in planks for 99, 47,358,600 cost in logs = 61,171,458 gp SAVED

120 xp per 2 planks, Rmas/Cw3as's 165 xp = 37.5% savings

8.33 gp per xp, 3.64 gp per xp = 4.69 gp per xp savings

120 xp, Adding smith 190 xp = 58.3% savings

8.33 gp per xp, 3.16 gp per xp = 5.17 gp per xp savings

Total value of free smithing xp possible = 18,410,656 SAVED

Totals:

5,379,000 gp saved on workers, 61,171,458 gp saved on planking logs, and 18,410,656 gp in free smithing value.

Total value saved = 84,961,114 gp

Total cost for 99 con is 2,961,000 gp for workers and 47,358,600 gp for logs and planking costs.

Total cost for 99 con with rmas' = 50,319,600 gp

Total percent saved = 62.8%

Larders are 630 per hour using the most expensive method. Total larders needed is 27,133 so total time is 43 hours. Rmas are 492 per hour using the cheapest method. Total time is 139 hours. 69% difference in speed minus the 62.8% savings leaves 6.2%. Don't forget the time vs. xp/gp rate that I mentioned before (if you can make 1.071 gp an hour and smith 1.2k iron bars into knives and sell them an hour then consider larders). This means that you need to ask yourself the following question:

Is it worth 84,961,114 gp to be 6.2% more efficient with larders? :twisted:

Disclaimer:

I am tired so my math/logic might be off. Please correct it! Unless I sign something with "-RAHK-" I am NOT a mod at that moment!!! Treat me like you did before and feel free to point out my flaws. I don't want people to mince words and am VERY glad that many have not (including a few close friends :P ). The mod position should be ignored unless I am modding, lol.

Many of these numbers can be off due to poor math, inept logic, unintentional bias, and, of course, mistakes in timing and construction speed.

Summary:

Using castle wars armor stands you can save MANY millions of gp on your way to 99 con. Using metal armor stands you can save MANY millions of gp on your way to 99 con AND can get a free 2milish smithing xp FOR FREE!!! Want to know how? Then get reading. O:)

EDIT:

Just got a con AND smith level off the same mmas, lol.

bothconandsmithlevellolzy2.png

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had to post it eh?

Interesting stuff. Well the bit's I understood.

This could become popular if word spreads possibly.

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

just had to post it eh?

Meet one of the mIRC folk! My only hope is that it isn't nerfed if it does become popular. :ohnoes:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Good thinking, but people will still have to pay a bit for the planked logs, so it still costs money to level up, if there was a way to make our own planks, this would propably be the best way to do it, and to gain other xp in the process.

Yes, 99 con will not be free, lol. The point is that there is a simple way to save millions AND get loads of free smithing xp. :wink:

P.S. I don't see Jagex making con free. Perhaps cheaper, but I doubt free.

RahkUrWrld.png

I actually got 68 smithing for that reason. I haven't actually got around to using it though.

Anyways, thanks for reminding me that it was worth it to an extent. :P

And just think, you will be hitting 85 smithing just about when you hit 99 con, lol.

the loss of speed makes it unappealling. Larders ftw.

This is true. The loss of speed isn't as bad as you would think, though. If you use the human butler for both paths you end up only slightly slower if you get your noted oaks planked. If you level with solely planks then you can afford the speed of larders anyway, lol.

Mod powers to delete double-posts ftw, lol. :oops:

RahkUrWrld.png

just had to post it eh?

Meet one of the mIRC folk! My only hope is that it isn't nerfed if it does become popular. :ohnoes:

My thoughts exactly!!!

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

I think I understand most of it :) :-k

All that you need to know to use this is in the summary but I will gladly explain any parts that are confusing. :) I haven't slept tonight so this probably makes more sense in my sleep-deprived gourd than it does typed out, lol.

RahkUrWrld.png

Okay, you've found the GP:XP ratio. We all know this is cost effective, it will no doubt save you millions. Now find the difference in XP:Hour with this and Oak Lardering. I won't be doing this, it's not nearly as time-effective. But if you're tight on cash, and prioritize Money over Time and XP, than this is for you. I'll stick to Oak Larders and Iron Plates. :P

Okay, you've found the GP:XP ratio. We all know this is cost effective, it will no doubt save you millions. Now find the difference in XP:Hour with this and Oak Lardering. I won't be doing this, it's not nearly as time-effective. But if you're tight on cash, and prioritize Money over Time and XP, than this is for you. I'll stick to Oak Larders and Iron Plates. :P

The biggest factor that is complained about for construction is cost, not time. This allows comparable speed at massive savings in gp. Not to mention that you can get up to 22mil gp worth of free smithing xp (using those values of course). I will test the times out later though because that is a great idea. :D

EDIT: Which do you think would be more useful: noted logs stats or noted planks stats?

RahkUrWrld.png

So you are saying

you get the piece of cws armor back... and then you can just re-make the armor stand?

sorry i read about halfway through and got confuzzled, you should just say blank does blank and is cheep for those of us who have a hard time putting 2 and 2 together... :wall:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

So you are saying

you get the piece of cws armor back... and then you can just re-make the armor stand?

sorry i read about halfway through and got confuzzled, you should just say blank does blank and is cheep for those of us who have a hard time putting 2 and 2 together... :wall:

Yes, you get any armor that you use back. In the summary I said that you can make armor stands to save millions.

The time it takes you to get 99 construction doing that, I could get 99 construction using oak planks, the same amount of smithing xp, and could craft enough nats to make the same amount (or more) money than you did

I can assure you that it isn't as slow as you think. Try it before you judge it. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

Hmm... you seem reluctant to factor time into the equation here. Remember, time is money.

The amount of time I'm saving by oak larding could be put towards raking in a hill of coins, a hill of coins which is thrown down to get more oak planks.

So you have to ask yourself, is the time wasted in getting the cwarmour and making the cwas really worth the money saved? I really don't think you could answer that question, and unless you can I really don't see myself using your method any time in the future. It might happen, but it's unlikely.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

The time it takes you to get 99 construction doing that, I could get 99 construction using oak planks, the same amount of smithing xp, and could craft enough nats to make the same amount (or more) money than you did

I can assure you that it isn't as slow as you think. Try it before you judge it. :wink:

I could do all the math if I wanted to right now, but I'm too lazy. Someone do it for me

i found this method 2 weeks after con came out...i thought everyone else would hate it...i guess not

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

This is true. The loss of speed isn't as bad as you would think, though. If you use the human butler for both paths you end up only slightly slower if you get your noted oaks planked.

Im confused, you mean the human butler can plank noted logs :o!

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

key reason i never did it...

theirs tons of things that can be mutli tasked rahk :P

lets say u want 85 smith, your lvl 50... and u want 80 craftin and your lvl 40 crafting well heres how you do it all at the same time with your house.

you smith steel helmets til your 85 smithing, this gets you oh....50k steel helmets? note those helmets bring them to your house and paint them on your helderic thingy. u get like 35 crafting exp for painting a helm, after all that ull be who knows what crafting lvl