WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORD THAT JAGEX BLOCK?!

im1knight

ok.. i just find something strange.... i never noticed it before. i was talking to my frined, and when i type the word 'wang' ( a person's last name in school) jagex blocked it to '****' i tried again, and it's the same.... is the word 'wang' any offensive?! it's just a last name.... so uh.. can any1 tell me why is it blocked by any reason? :-k :-k :?: :?:

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

.................. i dont think that's any curse word tho... -.-

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

59.png

image_mini

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

runescape make FULL protection on words...which i like...just because u cant write WANG at rs,doesent mean its OVER for ur friend...dude,its just a name...ok,yeah,i admit it,runescape is a little bit MORE than just a protection of offensive language...but,still,its for safety! :wink:

o6mwpk.png

Council.gif.pagespeed.ce.SwBX3DYRXt.gifShinobi

clanFriend.gif DF Forever

{DF Forums} ~ {DF's Memberlist}

weird..... word fliter is a mess...

Baoding.png

59.png

image_mini

I remember a few months ago that the letter "k" in my username got censored. "shin*ansen1" <.< Told Jagex about that via complaint.

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot, the letter "s" in "Icthlarin's Little Helper" gets censored as well. I have yet to tell Jagex about this.

shinkansen1.png

"Nothing in Runescape is free, not even ashes!"

Here's what gets me:

Doesn't is filtered to Does**.

WHY?

Its accually Doesnt gets filtered as does**

Its only with no apostriphe ( i know i can't spell.) I know because im too lazy to put it.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

Erm...well...assuming that your oriental, its slang for the male...umm....private parts...in english.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

there just trying to protect them selfs from law suits as well as players from bad words and flaming its a littl messed up but every word that is filterd is filtered for a reason because or it meaning in a setin sentence or is plain meaning but dosen't does get me i asked a mod one time but all he said was '....' lol thats helpful i guess he doesn't know or needs to know lol this is long