we should appreciate

finalheaven

well this about the new interface update.well as i see lots on rs forums and here in tipit,lots of people seems to dislike the new inteface update.

well i personally like it,which i don't think why people hate it so much. :? well alas things has to update in rs just same like rsc to rs2 now.so whats the big deal about it?why dont we just try to appreciate the new updates?atleast jagex is doing their best to improve game which i think its good.common you all are smart people as i read the forums to know about that :) this update is awesome! its just to new for us to get use to it rite?but alas im sure u all would get a hold of it and maybe like it too :D

eveything new needs time to get a hold of it. as u all know dont judge a book by its looks 8-) <---not sure if this is the correct meaning lol anyways just my thought please be free to share ur own thoughts

:)

d6c4baddbe.png

[Re-write]

Well this is about the new interface update. From what I see, lots of people on the Runescape forums, and the Tip.IT forums, seem to dislike the new interface update.

Well I personally like it, and I dont understand why people hate it so much. What is the big deal about it? Why dont we just try to appriciate the new updates? Afterall, at least Jagex is doing their best to improve the game, which I think is good.

Come-on, you are all smart people - I have noticed from reading these forums. This update is awesome! It's just too new for us to get used to it, right? - I'm sure you will all get used to it, and maybe even like it too. Everything new, needs time for us to get used to it - don't judge a book by it's cover. 8-)

These are just my thoughts anyway, please feel free to share your thoughts.

[/Re-write]

Anyways, I dont like it.. i dont like the way the animations have their own section, i dont like the new weapon switching, and I dont like how I always go to put run on, and start spinning on the spot. >.> Yes, I will get used to it, but dosen't mean I will ever like it.

RIP Old Interface.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

the main complaint seems to be with run, honestly i dont see why they fixed something that wasnt broken

I want the old icons back too! Talk about pre-schooling it up..

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

the main complaint seems to be with run, honestly i dont see why they fixed something that wasnt broken

ya but thats a graphical issue and not a design flaw- im talking about a design flaw

Well I want rsc back with lots of people and no autoers. Oh not really, I better want that jagex never released pest control with loads of easy exp, loads of 120s+ (with most of them being complete noobs) etc.

But guess what? No one cares what I want. I'll never get what I want. I'll just get used to every jagex update and will be happy about them, cause updates are the only thing in rs who keeps me playing. I don't really care if these updates are good for me or not, I still wait for them.

ya but thats a graphical issue and not a design flaw- im talking about a design flaw

ya the run and emotes are annoying because the run was moved from sections and emotes are just kinda nnoying to look at

I have no real problems with it. Stop complaining. You'll get used to it. You know, you can hit ctrl then click on the spot and voila you'll RUN to that spot. Sheesh.. Stop complaining though it doesn't help at all.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

FFS, for the last time!

Paul

Jagex Mod

27-Sep-2006 13:39:59

Last edited on 27-Sep-2006 15:56:41 by Paul

You can click anywhere in the area of the run buttons to switch from run to walk and back again.

You can click on the little running man or the run percentage indicator.

You do not have to click on the little buttons, so it's not a smaller area to click than before - if anything it's slightly bigger

thanks

Paul

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Yeah, Bari is right. You do not have to hit the little circle. And if you are annoyed at it by switching menus, try using the CTRL button on your keyboard. Holding that buttong makes you run. Sheesh guys its nothing that big.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

OR use the CTRL key!!!! Hold it and click on a place, let go and see your char run! :evil:

*Edit* opps, Mirrorforced said this already :oops:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Many people seem to argue that Jagex "Preschooled it up" or "is insulting them by saying they can't read"

They're just just pictures! I have no idea why everybody is so up in arms after Jagex simply changes a few pictures! The new cartoon style is a bit more fun to look at, to be honest, and just because some words have been replaced by pictures doesn't mean we're dumb. I'm pretty sure that a while from now, people will actually remember options through the pictures.

Furthermore, who plays runescape with their emote screen or options menu up the whole time?

Granted, some things might need to be tweaked, like the admittedly creepy looking smiley faces, but I'm certain Jagex will do something with all the feedback they've been recieving.

Things you may not have thought of:

The new equipent screen makes it easier to compare stats of items. Just bring up the page where you see your rotating character, and you can equip and unequip items without having to switch back and forth between the inventory and equipment menus. WHile you do that, you can actually watch every stat at once increase or decrease, instead of just 2/3.

The new orange text, though many claim that it strains their eyes, is less intense than yellow on the color spectrum. All it will take is a little getting used to with orange text. (For practice, read Spooferfish's post history :P )

blackmageid8.png

Thank you Taito for the rewrite. I don't like the new stats page, because if you're in a combat situation, and want to equip something, but don't know the bonuses, then you are in trouble.

I also don't particular care for the new figures (emotes, smilies, etc) but it does kind of lower the game's maturity level to me.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I'm personally quite fond of this update. SURE the emotes are kinda kid-like (if you want to say it that way) and take some getting use to, but who cares? No one ever said you had to use them. Better yet, no one ever said you had to look at them. 8-)

The run thing is kinda. #-o Irritating i'm sure to say.

The ONLY thing i'm really dissipointed in is the new smiley faces for the Friends/Ignore list. The Ignore list smiley looks like he hasn't had enough crack.. While the friends list smiley looks like he's had too much.

Looking at it, that's the only thing I'd change the smileys. But that's just my opinion. :-w

Hehe, thanks to Taito2004 for the re-write... it was needed :shock:.

I personally like the jist of the new update, but the emotes thing will take some getting used to.

I was just bummed they didn't add more bank space and a different bank set-up... that would have made my day =P~ .

The emotes are, well different, but as for other interface changes, I, for one, am not sure how you can like seeing orange better than yellow, which is easier to see. Also, the run interface seems a ton clumsier than before, as does the switch attack style one.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

the CTRL key owns all!!

look at the bottom of the page in this article and you'll know why i say this :P

plus, i like the new interface. i've posted elsewhere, its more intuitive, and makes you rely more on what you see (e.g. the new list of emotes has no words, unless you count the hover pop-up)

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

I don't really care about that update. Jagex nevers makes any outstanding updates. Some good ones, some bad ones but none that goes in the wow factor. If they hadn't made it, we would have gotten another quest I bet. So I don't mind it.

2480+ total

Many people seem to argue that Jagex "Preschooled it up" or "is insulting them by saying they can't read"

They're just just pictures! I have no idea why everybody is so up in arms after Jagex simply changes a few pictures! The new cartoon style is a bit more fun to look at, to be honest, and just because some words have been replaced by pictures doesn't mean we're dumb. I'm pretty sure that a while from now, people will actually remember options through the pictures.

Furthermore, who plays runescape with their emote screen or options menu up the whole time?

Granted, some things might need to be tweaked, like the admittedly creepy looking smiley faces, but I'm certain Jagex will do something with all the feedback they've been recieving.

Things you may not have thought of:

The new equipent screen makes it easier to compare stats of items. Just bring up the page where you see your rotating character, and you can equip and unequip items without having to switch back and forth between the inventory and equipment menus. WHile you do that, you can actually watch every stat at once increase or decrease, instead of just 2/3.

The new orange text, though many claim that it strains their eyes, is less intense than yellow on the color spectrum. All it will take is a little getting used to with orange text. (For practice, read Spooferfish's post history :P )

exactly man =D>

d6c4baddbe.png