Tip.It Times Presents: A Sight for Sore Eyes...

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

A Sight for Sore Eyes or a Sight to Make Eyes Sore?

The Editor

Last week I logged in to RuneScape, having merely given the latest news from Jagex a cursory glance: "ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâænew, more user-friendly player interfacesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ" Hmm. That's nice, I like friendly. Waitaminnit! Where's my 'Run' button? What's all this...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

FINISHED!!!!! reserved while i read the article :XD:

Anyway, great article, and a few good points, but i didn't like this one as much as i liked a lot of the others. I agree about the orange type... I don't know anyone who doesn't cept spooferfish, And about most of the updates.

As for RS3? Well... i guess we will wait and see, but it would sure suck to have to restart from lvl 3 if there is a major overhaul of the game system. I wouldn't mind it, but if they do it, are they gonna stick with their 'Java Gaming Experts' theme?

But still, good read, and i hope to see more next week! :thumbsup:

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

Nice read, shame it's from one of the people that found a complaint with the updates & i so hope RS3 insnt made!

This game is good see no need to make a rs3 can't they just build on this one.

I belive the orange text was much easyer on the eyes and that people who don't like it must have very very bad screens set a dark as hell!

DISCLAIMER: the opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent Tip.It staff or management

Very nice article!

I'm getting used to the run button (I actually find it without clicking the emotes guy 2 out of 4 times now), but there's one beef that they didn't correct:

The WEIGHT info. You still have to go through the equipment list to find it, and guess what? You stop walking or running when you click that button! So I'm still peeved about that, heh heh.

As for speculation on RS3, I tend to disagree. I believe that the whole reason for the serious upgrades that they've made to the game engine and coding language in the last six months is to allow RS3 to happen all around us every week, lol - meaning no need for the upheaval of transferring to a new game, just a constant flow of new features and good stuff added to RS2.

I enjoy reading the Times each week, and look forward to the next one!

DISCLAIMER: the opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent Tip.It staff or management

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

As for speculation on RS3, I tend to disagree. I believe that the whole reason for the serious upgrades that they've made to the game engine and coding language in the last six months is to allow RS3 to happen all around us every week, lol - meaning no need for the upheaval of transferring to a new game, just a constant flow of new features and good stuff added to RS2.

I think you have said it all, please don't make a RS3 dont spoil a good thing :shame:

The Editor[/i]":axoc0czy] All they need to do is remember to stay away from the orange typeface!

Amen!

I too agree that the Run button can get some getting used to. And as Pokemama said, if you want to check your Weight (or of course your stat bonuses), you have to click the option and you stop running/walking. Very annoying.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I think the amount of complaints Jagex recieved about the new interface just shows how immature and spoilt people are on runescape nowadays. Nobody gave it a chance, just instant whining and spoilt screaming.

I agree 100%.

The interface was definitely a large change, but people did give it really any chance. I got used to it within a couple days, and was quite annoyed when they changed the run button and the stats screen back. The yellow became a blinding annoyance because I had gotten used to the dark orange, and I had to get used to a new run button yet again. But it was a good update, despite the mass amounts of people complaining.

icecube7.jpeg

Well this was indeed needed for the new interface. I love the home tele, and I like where the new run icon is. Yeah you can't see your weight unless you stop moving but I can get over that soon. I liked the aritcle

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Good article.

I think it is a valid point about the new quest cape though, I think there are several potential solutionsm, but to me not being able to wear it if a new quest is released that you haven't done does seem a bit...clunky to me, not very elegant gameplay. I'm hoping for a clever solution from Jagex on that one.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Two things struck me in particular: magic wardrobes (no lions or witches need apply) and treasure chests, and the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅCapes of AchievementÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ
redbullsigortiz.jpg

I liked the orange interface, people on rs these days are just whiny kidswho have to have there own way, the sad part is they get 10k complaints and change something whilst the 4 million people that had no problem with it get screwed over, like double specs on magic short bow.

Slot reserved while I track down my opinions that I have already posted regarding this...

~Mr. Devnull

===================

UPDATE: I have posted so much regarding this that I will bring the other threads into context now... Just simply read and enjoy...

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=545474&highlight=

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=545593&highlight=

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=545605&highlight=

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=545714&highlight=

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

i completly agree with the power questing should be reconised, so i'm glad to see, it full quest points, woo... But i don't see what the big deal was with the orange text was, people claiming they couldn't see it, i could see it fine, and i completly agree with the run button and was very impressed by how fast they changed it, and what they changed it to for that matter, very convenient.

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...